Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sciwoman, Wife of Gawdzilla
Sciwoman, Wife of Gawdzilla
Greetings! Yes, I am married to Gawdzilla - and no, I can't make him behave either. Big Grin Now that that's out of the way....

Gawdzilla recommended this forum to me and after lurking for a day or two, I decided to join. Looks like a good place.

Now, what to tell you about me? I'm both a former fundamentalist christian and former catholic. (Yes, that is as bad as it sounds.) I became an atheist in 1998 and haven't looked back. Although it did take a bit of work to straighten out my head after all varieties of brainwashing I'd been through. For a time, I was on staff at the Richard Dawkins' forum until it was shut down and replaced with a discussion area. I'm now an admin at one of its odder offshoots.

'Zilla and I originally met at RDF (I gave him his first warning there), but things didn't take off until later at one of the break away forums. On July 10th, we will have been married a year. Strange are the twists and turns of life.

Now I'm here, so let's see what happens. Cool Shades
Religion is not the answer-it is the problem. Everything considered, we would be better off without it.~Baubles of Blasphemy~Edwin F. Kagin

"Much better to have the ability to think critically, than the ability to quote scripture. One says you have a functioning mind. The other says you're a parrot." -- The Secular Buddhist
RE: Sciwoman, Wife of Gawdzilla
Why hello there. Welcome and all that jazz. I swear I've seen your handle before, even though I've not hung out at RDF...

Anywho, you're probably all used to the usual blood sport the forums sometimes delve into, so I don't need to recommend a thick skin. Wink

Enjoy your stay here.
Thanks, Moros.

I use this handle on several forums: JREF, rationalskepticism.org, atheistforums.com, and some others that I don't post on anymore.

As for forum blood sports, been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Wink
Religion is not the answer-it is the problem. Everything considered, we would be better off without it.~Baubles of Blasphemy~Edwin F. Kagin

"Much better to have the ability to think critically, than the ability to quote scripture. One says you have a functioning mind. The other says you're a parrot." -- The Secular Buddhist
Hello Sci that's a nice story.
Gawdzilla isn't really my type but I'd like to meet Gamera or The Great A'Tuin.
[Image: YgZ8E.png]
A warm welcome Sciwoman. I lurk over on Rationalia. You guys are funny Wink
Welcome indeed! You probably won't know about me but I was there at RDF and went all the way to Rationalia. I was known as Aviator back then.
I left Rationalia sometime ago.

Found this place long ago during the last days of my membership of RDF. It's become my home forum and now only forum that I visit.Big Grin
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Welcome to the forum.
So these discussions can turn into real relationships.wow.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

It's 'Zilla's fault I'm here too, after he posted a link on Rationalia.

I'm not bloody marrying him though!
[Image: BlogSig.png][Image: sigimage.php?un=DaveD&t=182116&c1=7f5217...&c4=7f5217]
Welcome to the forum Sciwoman.

I never posted in RDF, Rationalia, or the other forums that you mentioned. This is the only atheist forum that I joined and two other Islamic forums. I don't have time for more than that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information I am not a sock puppet, nor is my wife. Anymouse 30 8451 June 20, 2011 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Anymouse
  Gawdzilla here, say good bye to Tokyo. Gawdzilla 50 11399 April 24, 2011 at 9:56 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla