Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There might be another copy of you 10^10^29 Metres away.
Rainbow 
There might be another copy of you 10^10^29 Metres away.
And other Multiverse weirdness;

http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/0905...1283v1.pdf

Great paper.
RE: There might be another copy of you 10^10^29 Metres away.
Lol, I'll just pretend I understood all of that...

Admittedly I didn't read the whole thing but I get the gist, so what this is saying is that it is more simple to have parallel universes, than not to have them? Is that correct?

Quote:A common feature of all four multiverse levels is that
the simplest and arguably most elegant theory involves
parallel universes by default. To deny the existence of
those universes, one needs to complicate the theory by
adding experimentally unsupported processes and ad hoc
postulates: finite space, wave function collapse, ontological
asymmetry, etc.

Or is that a mere assumption?
Sorry, I'm just trying to understand a lot of what was in there.
I think he was mostly just clarifying that multiverses are more than wild speculation, we have fairly good reason to suspect they might be there.
Guaranteed there's a Charlie Milles in some other universe knee high in muff and winning the Stanley Cup. And I'm here stuck with this shit.

By the way, I wonder if Jesus is Satan and Satan is the Messiah in another universe?
"Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude." - Arthur Schopenhauer
If I struggle I can conceive of few parallel universes, maybe even thousands or millions. But infinite universes and new ones being spawned every time I decide between tea and soup, that's hard to accept. I think a mistake in calculations may have been made, I can't prove it but my mental equilibrium requires me to think it.
[Image: YgZ8E.png]
We cannot understand infinity very well outside of math. Doesn't make it divine, just a bit ... big.

I really enjoy this kind of cosmology.
Trying to update my sig ...
Would this 'Bizzaro Universe' possibly contain a Dotard who is homo and just adores women?

OMG.

I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
(July 18, 2011 at 8:18 am)CharlieMilles Wrote: Guaranteed there's a Charlie Milles in some other universe knee high in muff and winning the Stanley Cup. And I'm here stuck with this shit.

By the way, I wonder if Jesus is Satan and Satan is the Messiah in another universe?

That is actually the case in this universe. Satan just has bad PR while Jesus' propoganda machine prevents people from seeing the truth that he is, in fact, THE source of evil!

Duh, duh, dummmmmmm.
(July 18, 2011 at 8:48 am)Dotard Wrote: Would this 'Bizzaro Universe' possibly contain a Dotard who is homo and just adores women?

OMG.

Don't be silly, that would not be a Dotard, but just a tard.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
I still can't fathom that there may be another version of me out there in another universe. It seems very... WEIRD!

The idea of an infinite number of parallel universes alienates me even more.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Perseverance Lander minutes away from Mars. Gawdzilla Sama 27 1495 March 30, 2021 at 10:16 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Betelgeuse might go off Fake Messiah 27 2236 January 1, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  What Keeps Electrons Away from the Nucleus of an Atom? Rhondazvous 24 5634 January 14, 2018 at 10:46 am
Last Post: polymath257
  If the Universe Collapses Because of a False Vacuum, Won't There Just be Another Big Rhondazvous 11 2479 November 8, 2017 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Is there a real chance that there is a multiverse? SerenelyBlue 127 14946 September 15, 2016 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Neptune is REALLY really far away... thesummerqueen 6 1436 September 19, 2011 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen