Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 12:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glitch?
Glitch?
As of the last week, I've had posts not showing up once I click the Preview Post / Post button.

The post shows up as blank on my screen. My last post is blank and has not shown up as yet. This is not the first time and I'm wondering if this is just me or has anyone else experienced this?

Also,

My Edit/Compose box is very small when I go to use it and as of only recently I have to take the time to stretch it back out every time I post.

thoughts? suggestions?
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: Glitch?
I had a post not show up the other day. I edited it and it turned out I had some nested quotes that weren't done properly. Once I fixed them the post appeared.

My edit box has mysteriously shrunk too.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Quote:thoughts?

Goddidit.

Quote: suggestions?

Tell the fucker to knock it off.
I fixed the post; you hadn't nested the quotes correctly. I'm working on getting the edit box back up to the right size.
(August 11, 2011 at 2:44 am)FaithNoMore Wrote: I had a post not show up the other day. I edited it and it turned out I had some nested quotes that weren't done properly. Once I fixed them the post appeared.

My edit box has mysteriously shrunk too.

Oops. Thanks Rsae. I've had a couple though ... does that mean I've had the quotes nested improperly every time?

Most probably. Can you point out the posts that aren't showing?
(August 11, 2011 at 3:12 am)Tiberius Wrote: Most probably. Can you point out the posts that aren't showing?

There's only been about three total. I don't know which they were now cause eventually they'd show up within a few minutes or so.

I didn't think it was operator error, but I suppose I can't rule it out.

It's a very weird bug. Seems to be caused by not ending the quote properly, but only in some instances.
I've clicked to post a reply and instead I get a message saying something to the effect the file is too large etc... click the back button and try again. I didn't hit the file upload button by mistake .
I click the back button and at one time my post was still there so I could try to post again. Now it's a blank screen.
"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Glitch when loading threads? LastPoet 14 3475 October 9, 2011 at 2:06 am
Last Post: IATIA