Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 6, 2024, 1:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glitch when loading threads?
Glitch when loading threads?
Apparently, when i load a thread and/or change thread page, my firefox becomes non-responsive for one or two seconds, it happens only loading threads, between forums and subforums it doesn't happen.

Not really a big deal, just letting the crew know Big Grin
RE: Glitch when loading threads?
I believe it has something to do with the medals JavaScript. There are a number of problems with it (as with any new feature), and I believe Darwinian is going to try and convert the JavaScript to PHP and run it on the server.
I had not had a problem until a few days ago. The medals had been up then. Maybe a Java update?
UPDATE! The problem only shows when logged in. Browsing as a guest is fine.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
That has been happening to me for the past couple days when I load up multiple pages. It should be fixed soon. Dodgy
[Image: 4rynft.jpg]

Religion is like a Penis, you shouldn't whip it out in public and you shouldn't shove it down your child's throat.
[Image: ao1i8o.png]
As it's only been happening for a couple of days and the medals have been up there for weeks I'm struggling to see how that can be the problem.

However, I will be having a play around tomorrow so maybe I'll spot something.

Edit: Nope. I have completely removed the medals code and the same thing still seems to be happening. Anyone else having problems still?

Edit2: And it only seems to happen with Chrome Undecided
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
It happens in firefox to me.
(October 8, 2011 at 2:36 pm)Darwinian Wrote: Edit: Nope. I have completely removed the medals code and the same thing still seems to be happening. Anyone else having problems still?

I'm using firefox and I've had the problem for two days now.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Well, I don't have the foggiest idea what the problem is. Apart from the medal code, which I've now put back, nothing else has changed at all.

Maybe it's a server issue Undecided
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Can someone confirm whether the problem is fixed? I used a Linux version of Firefox and it reported the stumbleupon code was lagging. I've removed the code, and I've also made it so that only one set of sharebuttons loads (at the top).
whatever you did or didn't do seems to have improved things quite a bit for me anyway. At least for now.Thumb up
[Image: Evolution.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion: Install Soma Tablet Depositories On All Threads Violet 17 2527 May 3, 2020 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
Information [Serious] Why can't I subscribe to threads? CaenLeranzo 6 1493 February 25, 2020 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Civil/ safe option for threads. Mystic 2 1092 November 19, 2018 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  I know I'm not supposed to revive really old threads, so... Martian Mermaid 23 4914 November 22, 2017 at 9:45 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Alternative to "click bait" rule: block threads robvalue 40 6030 February 6, 2017 at 1:38 am
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Mafia game threads showing in "Today's Posts" lists Ravenshire 18 6675 February 5, 2017 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Missing drafts (threads, not PMs) Aroura 13 2095 December 2, 2016 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Aroura
  Necroing of threads by newbies Joods 11 1926 July 4, 2016 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Is anyone else having issues loading the forum? Losty 19 2437 June 14, 2016 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Suggestion/question: breadcrumb nav at the bottom of threads? KevinM1 17 3048 November 10, 2015 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: KevinM1