Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 Billion & Me
7 Billion & Me
How does the world's population reaching 7 billion affect you?

http://www.7billionandme.org/

BBC News has an economy-sized, but no less interesting, version:

The world at seven billion

Apparently, on the day I was born I was the 3,635,050,371st person alive on the Earth - the 77,734,489,198th person to have lived "since history began".
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: 7 Billion & Me
I feel like those Chinese need to quit it. Indubitably
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
There were only 2.5 billion around when I was born, Stim.... somebody did a lot of fucking in between.
For me, hell is others. So this is not good news.
That will never hold up in court...
Well, I suppose you all had to do something to keep warm in those cold, draughty caves.
Wink
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Next step mars, or persih your call.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
Quote:When you were born, you were the:
4,762,660,035th
person alive on Earth
79,532,514,238th
person to have lived since history began
I feel more worthless and insignificant than yesterday.

If I keep this up I may cause ego-death.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One billion A.D. A question for evolution fans. Darwinian 30 10674 December 17, 2008 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet