Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
One billion A.D. A question for evolution fans.
One billion A.D. A question for evolution fans.
I was surfing through the science forums and I came across an interesting question.

The question was, what do you think the human race will be like a billion years from now (Assuming our species has survived that long) what do you think evolutionary effect will have on the human race in the deep future?

Now, a billion years is a mind boggling amount of time and to my mind, humanity would have diversified to such an extent that it would be unrecognisable to the average Joe or Joanne of today.

Also, we would no doubt have spread throughout a huge portion of the Galaxy and evolution would have taken the original species, i.e. us, down so many different routes that we would effectively be alien to each other.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: One billion A.D. A question for evolution fans.
That's amazing.
We'd split off into so many different species. And on planet 89475 there will be people saying "Those scientists are trying to convince you... that you evolved from human beings!!"
This is very true Dodgy

In fact, I suspect that this has and is happening across the Universe. It only takes life to evolve on one planet in any particular galaxy, as it has on ours, for the entire galaxy to eventually become rich with millions of different species.

Given enough time..
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(December 15, 2008 at 4:16 pm)Darwinian Wrote: what do you think the human race will be like a billion years from now (Assuming our species has survived that long) what do you think evolutionary effect will have on the human race in the deep future?

In a billion years I think the human race will be robots.

Kyu
(December 15, 2008 at 4:16 pm)Darwinian Wrote: what do you think the human race will be like a billion years from now (Assuming our species has survived that long) what do you think evolutionary effect will have on the human race in the deep future?

Dumber, fatter, and uglier than we already are...
Have you seen some of the people that roam the streets recently?!
They're fucking retarded! Especially in this country!
Yesterday, I asked a man on a website what his thoughts on atheism were...
He replied:
I'm fine with atheism, though I'm not buying one of their damn vacuüm cleaners!
My mouth literally fell open!

I hope we become extinct in a few hundred years...
dog·ma
n. pl. dog·mas or dog·ma·ta (-mə-tə)
1. A doctrine or a corpus of doctrines relating to matters such as morality and faith, set forth in an authoritative manner by a church.
That's an ace reply. Replace Atheism with Jesus and you have what I'm going to say to the next jehovah's witness that comes to my door Tongue
Hoi Zaeme.
Seeing as Evolution has no goal for species, I can't possibly answer the question. It relies on too many unknown factors. We have no idea what kinds of adaptations we'll have to go through in the next billion years.
I of course don't know the answer either. I've found this: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,433724,00.html
But I have no idea if its reliable or notTongue
We can't really know can we? Even if evidence was found the evidence could change when we change, couldn't it?
Steve Jones has been criticized by a number of evolutionary biologists. Just because younger fathers are less likely to pass on mutations does not mean they do not pass on any at all.
YesSmile
Does it just slow the evolution then? Because less mutations? Its of course a gross exaggeration to say there are ZERO mutations:p Were they being totally literal about it?
There was a site I've seen before that I can't find now. It suggested that basically due to overuse of medicine in the future the human immune system will be considerably weaker. And we will have evolved to adapt to this. Our spines will be different and stuff. Some weird theory.
I have no idea how reliable this is but it's just an idea since I of course don't know the answer to the questionTongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  We gave Narcan to one particular addict 20 times in one month vorlon13 6 1040 October 4, 2017 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Question about Evolution RiddledWithFear 18 2641 November 30, 2016 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Quick question about evolution Yoo 29 3361 August 28, 2016 at 9:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  A unresolved question about evolution marianomanto 6 1494 October 5, 2015 at 7:53 am
Last Post: marianomanto
  Intelligent design type evolution vs naturalism type evolution. Mystic 59 30307 April 6, 2013 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Any Edward current fans? zentor 2 1256 June 13, 2012 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  7 Billion & Me Cyberman 6 3424 October 29, 2011 at 7:51 am
Last Post: Welsh cake
  Demolition of the theory of evolution in the 20 question Attractive boulevards 26 16056 June 26, 2009 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: chatpilot
  Destroying the theory of evolution in one post bodhitharta 40 19441 December 28, 2008 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet