Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 5:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name that religion
Name that religion
Anyone recall the show "name that tune?" Anyhow, I've been married for almost 8 years and still I can't figure out what religion my mother in law is. Help me out!! She's a bit... unusual Here's the background:

-She gave my daughter a crystal for Christmas one year and said she had to perform a séance to activate its powers (um, I threw it away).
-She believes in yin and yang
-She believes in good and bad energies in the universe
-She believes in the afterlife because she has "herself experienced it"
-She sees people aura's (like I have a yellow light around me)
-She said one night she knew her husband was dreaming of his grand kids because she saw a carousel going around his head while he was sleeping.
-She participates and believes in remote viewings (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_viewing)

Any name to this sorta belief system?

RE: Name that religion
Bullshit

Or Buddhism?
Scratch that, Taoism.
Wow! You weren't kidding! lol
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Sounds like a bastardized version of Ch'i.
(November 7, 2011 at 3:22 pm)Heather Wrote: Anyone recall the show "name that tune?" Anyhow, I've been married for almost 8 years and still I can't figure out what religion my mother in law is. Help me out!! She's a bit... unusual Here's the background:

-She gave my daughter a crystal for Christmas one year and said she had to perform a séance to activate its powers (um, I threw it away).
-She said one night she knew her husband was dreaming of his grand kids because she saw a carousel going around his head while he was sleeping.
-She participates and believes in remote viewings (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_viewing)

This seems very much like my wifes spiritualism except for the seance powered crystal.

Although, saying that, you cant move in my house for bits of quartz and amythest so its not out side the realm of possiblity that they are all 'charged' through the power of spooks.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

The original Spiritualism movement was all about seances, wasn't it?
(November 7, 2011 at 3:48 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: The original Spiritualism movement was all about seances, wasn't it?

Yes, and my wife does do that sort of thing. They call it 'sitting in circle'. but seances powering cystals is new one on me.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Whack ideas evolve.
(November 7, 2011 at 3:22 pm)Heather Wrote: Anyone recall the show "name that tune?" Anyhow, I've been married for almost 8 years and still I can't figure out what religion my mother in law is. Help me out!! She's a bit... unusual Here's the background:

This just strikes me as flaky New Age pseudo-Taoism.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Yep +1 for New Age