Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for young earth creationists
Question for young earth creationists
This question is directed at young earth creationists, specifically those who accept Genesis as literal fact. This is an honest question that I don't recall ever being answered by any theist I've spoken to on the subject. I'm not baiting you.

Non-theists: I'd like to keep this thread free of debate and/or refutation - if you'd like to comment, please do so in a separate thread.

On to the question:

Assuming that the accounts of creation and the global flood in Genesis are historical fact, how did the aboriginal people of the American and Australian continents come to be there? When did this occur?

RE: Question for young earth creationists
(November 8, 2011 at 4:09 pm)I_Blaspheme Wrote: This question is directed at young earth creationists, specifically those who accept Genesis as literal fact.

Statler is the man for this. Big Grin
(November 8, 2011 at 4:09 pm)I_Blaspheme Wrote: On to the question:

Assuming that the accounts of creation and the global flood in Genesis are historical fact, how did the aboriginal people of the American and Australian continents come to be there? When did this occur?

I can answer that question from a YEC perspective and I think it's bullshit too: Apparently, in the days of Peleg (one of Noah's great-great-great grandkids, several hundred years after the flood) the supercontinent of Pangea finally split into the continents we all know today.

Genesis 10:25
And unto Eber were born two sons; the name of the one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan.

The real problem is in squaring the glacial state of continental drift today with the state of continental drift that would have had to occur then.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Could it be the same way the Polynesians found their way to Hawaii. Just sayin'.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(November 8, 2011 at 4:53 pm)Rayaan Wrote: Statler is the man for this. Big Grin

Statler is definitely for it, but whether he is a man is extremely questionable.

Aw man, no fair. I might want in on this at some point.

Feel free to join the "Companion Thread."
(November 9, 2011 at 12:07 am)Minimalist Wrote: Feel free to join the "Companion Thread."

Min - thanks for opening the companion thread.
(November 8, 2011 at 4:53 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: I can answer that question from a YEC perspective and I think it's bullshit too: Apparently, in the days of Peleg (one of Noah's great-great-great grandkids, several hundred years after the flood) the supercontinent of Pangea finally split into the continents we all know today.

But based on the creationist deluded view, there was never a Pangea. Continental shift never happened in a creationist's world view. Because it takes millions of years, they think the earth is only 6 thousand years old. Undecided

My question or 2 for the creationists would be, how would the huge ark idea even work and how do you overcome genetic disorders due to inbreeding?
Haven't been given a proper response to that one yet.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(November 9, 2011 at 2:39 pm)Ace Otana Wrote:
(November 8, 2011 at 4:53 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: I can answer that question from a YEC perspective and I think it's bullshit too: Apparently, in the days of Peleg (one of Noah's great-great-great grandkids, several hundred years after the flood) the supercontinent of Pangea finally split into the continents we all know today.

But based on the creationist deluded view, there was never a Pangea. Continental shift never happened in a creationist's world view. Because it takes millions of years, they think the earth is only 6 thousand years old. Undecided

My question or 2 for the creationists would be, how would the huge ark idea even work and how do you overcome genetic disorders due to inbreeding?
Haven't been given a proper response to that one yet.

Not true creationist do support Pangea. Genetic disorders were far less then, the gene pool was rather pure.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inquiry regarding creationists neil 48 1972 February 18, 2024 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How do you feel about all these creationists? suddenlymark 32 3329 August 15, 2023 at 8:01 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Young more likely to pray than over-55s - survey zebo-the-fat 16 1563 September 28, 2021 at 5:44 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Why Creationists don't realize the biblical Creation is just jewish mythology? android17ak47 65 8383 July 27, 2019 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  Prediction of an Alien Invasion of Earth hopey 21 4807 July 1, 2017 at 3:36 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Important theological question for creationists Alex K 2 672 November 27, 2016 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Creationists are better than inconsistent Christians orangedude 14 1904 April 27, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Debunking the Flat Earth Society. bussta33 24 5085 February 9, 2016 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Earth Glare_ 174 21255 March 25, 2015 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Defending Young-Earth Creationism Scientifically JonDarbyXIII 42 10650 January 14, 2015 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)