Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposition about a new subforum for children
Proposition about a new subforum for children
Hey guys

Was talking to my son about the Pokemon thread and he was very enthusiastic about talking to other atheist children ;

Proposition is ....would it be possible to have a "Children Only Sub forum" (with Parental supervision of course) on this Forum so that our kids can talk to each other??

Benefits are that we could have our kids realise the globalness of their 'belief system', discuss their feelings and share the gaming and other info that we do??

Just a thought; what do you think??
thanks for reading
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
RE: Proposition about a new subforum for children
My kids are gonna love this idea.
Cunt
My son loved the idea of talking to Aleialoura's kids about Pokemon and the general concept of talking to kids world wide. His group of friends (all on the Autistic continuum) are atheistic in their world view and would love somewhere to have their views validated and questioned
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
The problem I for see is that I tend to go for the todays posts and that pops up random posts so hat I wouldnt see what area they came from. This means that people could use inappropriate language without knowing they were in he kiddy zone. Could some sort of language filter be fitted to that zone only?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Wouldn't want to hurt their delicate earbones. Are my children the only ones who proudly work dirty words into any sentence they can get away with?

(I can't shake the notion that corraling "atheist children" into a subforum would be providing the wolves with a juicier target than ourselves. Who wants Statler having a discussion with their children, or GC?)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I would like to see Stat and GC get owned by some children though.
Cunt
its ok, i'm sure the kiddies can out think them.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Okay baby, daddy loves you, can you say "ev-i-dence"?
(coaching my 6 month old for the showdown)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Your son will pack a whallop, I'm sure. Cutie.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I think it's a nice idea Kichi Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Conspiracy Theories Subforum? Heat 46 7391 May 5, 2016 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  New subforum Joods 9 1946 February 15, 2016 at 8:14 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Appropriate Forum/Subforum athrock 7 1823 December 12, 2015 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Suggestion about new subforum Excited Penguin 49 9207 July 10, 2015 at 4:17 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  Would a Testing subforum with a stickied 'test post thread' be useful at this time? Angrboda 0 1198 April 2, 2015 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Proposal for a new subforum under Discussion Anomalocaris 15 6886 October 20, 2010 at 1:48 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Gaming subforum: gamer wants! Violet 16 5610 May 3, 2010 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: mrjack