Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 11:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pizza Sauce = Vegetable
Pizza Sauce = Vegetable
Washington — Congress agreed this week to continue counting the tomato sauce on a slice of pizza as a serving of vegetables for federally-sponsored school lunches.

ArrgghhArrgghhArrgghh

Institute officials also said that, because the new rules would have required pizza makers to use more sauce to meet nutritional content guidelines, the taste of newly reformulated dishes might be less popular with children.

[Image: 78152482.jpg]

Yummy!! Banging Head On Desk

Washington Pizza Sauce Fight Has Deep Minnesota Ties
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
RE: Pizza Sauce = Vegetable
Tomatoes are not vegetables.
They are fruits.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(November 18, 2011 at 11:04 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Tomatoes are not vegetables.
They are fruits.

In the United States, tomatoes have legally been considered a vegetable since 1893.
That will never hold up in court...
Pizza Sauce = Vegetable
It's nice to know that while the economy and the rest of society is heading for a meltdown they've got time to worry about this.
It is a major issue afterall.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
How American,don't like the meaning of a word,so change it.

In law that's called 'the deeming principle'. One of the most famous (infamous?) examples is that a corporation is deemed to be a person . I guess deeming a sauce to be a vegetable is no big deal, as long as you understand it remains sauce.Sadly,a lot of people will not.
Quote:A lot of people are fucking stoopid (George Carlin)

I was thrilled to discover the pizza in Italy bears little resemblance to what they call pizza here and in the USCool Shades
I make mine from scratch. No nutrition nazi is going to keep me from my extra cheese/light sauce, damn it! I don't eat pizza to be nourished, I eat it to have a yummy in my tummy. If I want nutrition I eat what food eats... ya know, like salad and carrots and shit.

(November 18, 2011 at 11:51 pm)Phaedra Wrote:
(November 18, 2011 at 11:04 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Tomatoes are not vegetables.
They are fruits.

In the United States, tomatoes have legally been considered a vegetable since 1893.

That's a long time in comparison with pizza.
Yeah, why even bother feeding kids things like that when you can feed them lahmacun..
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
because we don't have that here. so how can we feed them that?

This society is an intelligent one.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
(November 19, 2011 at 7:32 am)aleialoura Wrote: because we don't have that here. so how can we feed them that?

Well, I don't know why one should feed students anything in school.
I personally didn't eat anything at school, even though the school had a cafeteria. And it's not like the food is for free in American cafeterias, so I really wonder why the people are so worried where the students spend their money on.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fracking accident, thanks to Chevron. How do they respond? Free pizza coupons. TaraJo 36 7189 February 25, 2014 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Now we know why he was CEO of Godfather's Pizza Epimethean 10 2094 November 22, 2011 at 12:40 am
Last Post: the6dead