Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The meaning of my name
The meaning of my name
I'm not so sure if everyone got this, but I just wanted to let everyone know that in case you haven't noticed, the first one in my name is spelled "Athiest" as in the superlative of "atheist". It's a little play on words. Get it, "The Athiest Atheist", as in, I'm bragging. Big Grin
"Sisters, you know only the north; I have traveled in the south lands. There are churches there, believe me, that cut their children too, as the people of Bolvangar did--not in the same way, but just as horribly. They cut their sexual organs, yes, both boys and girls; they cut them with knives so that they shan't feel. That is what the Church does, and every church is the same: control, destroy, obliterate every good feeling. So if a war comes, and the Church is on one side of it, we must be on the other, no matter what strange allies we find ourselves bound to."

-Ruta Skadi, The Subtle Knife
RE: The meaning of my name
Ah.

I thought you were stuttering. Thanks for clearing that up!
mind=blown

Damn human brain overlooking perceived typos automatically without discretion.
[Image: afsig.jpg]
Usually I can spot things like that, but that completely slipped past me. I actually thought you were saying something like you're an atheist about atheists, as in you don't believe in atheism, which is why I got confused over the content of your posts. Well done, sir!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(December 14, 2011 at 11:57 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Usually I can spot things like that, but that completely slipped past me. I actually thought you were saying something like you're an atheist about atheists, as in you don't believe in atheism, which is why I got confused over the content of your posts. Well done, sir!
That doesn't quite make sense to me, but OK. Maybe I should have put a dash in there... does the site even accept dashes in names, I don't even remember if I tried.

"Sisters, you know only the north; I have traveled in the south lands. There are churches there, believe me, that cut their children too, as the people of Bolvangar did--not in the same way, but just as horribly. They cut their sexual organs, yes, both boys and girls; they cut them with knives so that they shan't feel. That is what the Church does, and every church is the same: control, destroy, obliterate every good feeling. So if a war comes, and the Church is on one side of it, we must be on the other, no matter what strange allies we find ourselves bound to."

-Ruta Skadi, The Subtle Knife
Interesting play on words.

Anyway, Welcome
(December 8, 2011 at 7:24 pm)AthiestAtheist Wrote: I'm not so sure if everyone got this, but I just wanted to let everyone know that in case you haven't noticed, the first one in my name is spelled "Athiest" as in the superlative of "atheist". It's a little play on words. Get it, "The Athiest Atheist", as in, I'm bragging. Big Grin

lol

...but if atheism is the absence of a position, there can't be a quantitative statement made Undecided

Sum ergo sum
lol call me slow...but I dont get it lol

welcome to the foruM!
The meaning of your name is quite good.
All the members should share the meaning of their name.
The meaning of my name is good news.
We have a thread for that.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My name is Earl Carl Hickey 23 2574 June 4, 2023 at 12:58 am
Last Post: Carl Hickey
  Hello Everybody My Name Is JAG JAG 15 2070 October 2, 2020 at 8:37 am
Last Post: GUBU
  An atheist who legally changed name to God GodBennett 7 826 July 4, 2020 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Meaning behind your username 2.0 Foxaèr 84 5417 November 2, 2018 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: TwoCultSurvivor
  Hey guys. Name is Tara Tarasoft11 53 5058 September 5, 2016 at 11:04 am
Last Post: c172
  Hi, my name is "withheld" and I am an atheist RationalAtheist 68 7263 October 28, 2015 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Losty
  My name is Pizza Smeetcha Pizza_Smeetcha 10 2591 October 26, 2015 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello there - My name is Max max-greece 22 3294 June 9, 2013 at 4:29 am
Last Post: Aractus
  I am Awesome! (It is in my name.) CapnAwesome 21 6012 September 27, 2012 at 5:18 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  I can't think of a good name for this thread, so... Darkstar 18 4531 September 20, 2012 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Waratah