Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumbest statement you've heard today
Dumbest statement you've heard today
"Also even scientists believe in a god otherwise why are they searching for him underneath a Swiss mountain?"

Confused Fall
You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

RE: Dumbest statement you've heard today
I had a client say "no burning around the bush in this piece." (It wasn't directed at me, as it was open order pool kind of client.) I thought that was funny. I felt like writing back, "Nope, there will be none of that."
"Lots of scientists are converting to Christianity because they can't prove god doesn't exist. "
"In our youth, we lacked the maturity, the decency to create gods better than ourselves so that we might have something to aspire to. Instead we are left with a host of deities who were violent, narcissistic, vengeful bullies who reflected our own values. Our gods could have been anything we could imagine, and all we were capable of manifesting were gods who shared the worst of our natures."-Me

"Atheism leaves a man to sense, to philosophy, to natural piety, to laws, to reputation; all of which may be guides to an outward moral virtue, even if religion vanished; but religious superstition dismounts all these and erects an absolute monarchy in the minds of men." – Francis Bacon
"Jesus loves you."

"Everyone is a sinner."
That will never hold up in court...
"If god don't exist, then who created your parents".
Hate that one. Pure ignorance.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Heisenberg's Uncertainty only applies to humans

Coupla months back I ran across this cat's website all about "science proving god;" halfway down the first page I read, and there's proof positive. Cause that's an omnistupid statement.

And every time this topic came up since, there hasn't been stupid to compare to the omnistandard.
[Image: twQdxWW.jpg]
Hey there Norfolk

Quote:You could have dignity from yourself, but that would be a kind of delusional dignity. You could have dignity from what others think about you, but that is capricious and can be taken away by those same people. Or you can have dignity from the judgment of a being who is greater than yourself, but that could only be God. So that's why I ask where an atheist derives their dignity. Assuming there is no God, can there really be any such thing as dignity or can there only be the illusion of dignity?

No, not at all. Christians are dignified by their status in the kingdom of God. Because we have confessed our sins and been forgiven and try to emulate the person of Jesus Christ whom we put our faith in, we become, quite literally a more advanced being. God places us on a pedestal as it were. We become Son’s and Daughters of God.

That's the dumbest thing I've heard in the last day. Dumbest, scariest, creepiest, I want club to death and impale on a stickiest.
[Image: YgZ8E.png]
Egor, by any chance?
You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

I was talking to a religious friend, and the subject of religion came up during a discussion about WalMart. (Don't ask me how, I don't remember.)

Them: "But. . . you're like, against god. Doesn't that mean that you're for the devil?

Me: "No, I don't believe in the devil. It would be kind of hard to worship something that I don't believe even exists."

My other friend, (who really, really hates fundies) opens his mouth to speak and figuratively crucify the religious friend.

Me: "Just let it drop." (In retrospect, I wish I had let him continue.)

By the way, this is the same religious friend who I've posted didn't know even the basics of the bible.
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DrOz brings up NDEs on today's show. Brian37 21 3779 June 7, 2018 at 6:55 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Stupidiest Anti Science Statement I Have Encountered Amarok 28 6506 May 21, 2017 at 8:06 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  SpaceX Dragon launch today Alex K 0 668 January 6, 2015 at 3:35 am
Last Post: Alex K