Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 7:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delicate Offers a Truce
RE: Delicate Offers a Truce
(December 27, 2015 at 2:16 pm)Evie Wrote: @ Delicate

Absolutely.

But when you're super happy it's hard to catch any Contagion of Misery Big Grin

So much happier today than yesterday.
Well good. I'm glad you're feeling better buddy. I know you've been through a lot and its about time.

What did you do Saturday night?
"Atheism is Irrational"
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
(December 27, 2015 at 2:27 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(December 27, 2015 at 2:14 pm)Delicate Wrote: One thing this thread demonstrates is that people tend to pick up their feelings off of each other.

The emotional contagion here is tremendous.

No, and stop it. We are not uneducated children throwing fits. You are falsely attempting to paint us out as being emotional because that allows you to feel good about yourself instead of having the intellectual moxie to consider you got it wrong.

Bluntness and blasphemy only makes us blunt. YOU still have no evidence for the invisible sky wizard you claim is real. You base that belief on an old book of myth.

You are not here to teach us, we are not children for you to indoctrinate and you are not our shrink. If that is all you insist on doing here you are wasting your time and ours.
Well I noticed the massive shift in feelings. I certainly didn't change my behavior to warrant the shift.

Well maybe in responding to Whatever it, but I explained myself there.

So the only explanation on the table is that people pick up their emotional cues from each other right?
Does anyone actually care? I don't even know who the OP is.

OP, do whatever you want so long as it's within the rules.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Speaking of which, early on in my posting career here, my serious responses were faced with a good bit of trolling and irrationality.

I didn't want to respond in kind, so I relied on the ignore function.

But I imagine that might have been unfair to the trolls in the long term.

So I just took everyone off my ignore list.

It's time for #anustart.
(December 27, 2015 at 2:28 pm)Delicate Wrote:
(December 27, 2015 at 2:16 pm)Evie Wrote: @ Delicate

Absolutely.

But when you're super happy it's hard to catch any Contagion of Misery Big Grin

So much happier today than yesterday.
Well good. I'm glad you're feeling better buddy. I know you've been through a lot and its about time.

What did you do Saturday night?

Had a good time with my friends after spending the day arguing with EP. Lol.
Troll does as troll does I guess. Nobody cares who you put on ignore, or what you think, or indeed who you are, whoever you are.

Weird ass people join these forums sometimes. I would recommend everyone just ignore he attention whore and get on with their lives.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(December 27, 2015 at 2:36 pm)Delicate Wrote: Speaking of which, early on in my posting career here, my serious responses were faced with a good bit of trolling and irrationality.

It's time for #anustart.

[Image: 29-anustart.nocrop.w529.h482.jpg]
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(December 27, 2015 at 2:36 pm)Delicate Wrote: Speaking of which, early on in my posting career here, my serious responses were faced with a good bit of trolling and irrationality.

It's time for #anustart.

Career? I think you meant your own train wreck.

It's time for #anustart.

Well that at least is a good faith effort, though I question how much it will matter to those not previously on ignore.

At this point, people are going to hate you no matter what you do. I think your only real option is to genuinely change, and don't look for any consideration.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Atheism based on evidence, offers spiritual fulfillment Nobody 11 4990 March 2, 2013 at 5:17 am
Last Post: Esquilax