Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 28, 2024, 5:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delicate Offers a Truce
RE: Delicate Offers a Truce
So far so good. We'll see.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(December 27, 2015 at 6:29 pm)Faith No More Wrote: So, I want to hear it from the people that trudged through this thread.  Was it a sincere truce?

For maybe three pages, perhaps. The jury's still out on that though.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(December 27, 2015 at 6:29 pm)Faith No More Wrote: So, I want to hear it from the people that trudged through this thread.  Was it a sincere truce?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nope.

Excitedpenguin did the same, they're both big fakers and need to get a room.

I wrote some limericks about them. I can do the rhyme just not the rhythm. Lol. I struggle with syllables because I often say 2 syllable words as if they're one. Lol.

Anyway, I hope they entertain regardless, despite the clunky rhythm lol.

http://atheistforums.org/thread-37078-po...pid1153700
(December 27, 2015 at 6:32 pm)Stimbo Wrote: For maybe three pages, perhaps. The jury's still out on that though.

No, it was smarmy from the get go. Another way of wanking in front of the mirror. The only thing I'm still not sure about is, if that character is for real. Makes a big secret out of what they stand for and assumes to sit in judgment of others with every single post.

In fact, this character is a bit like the late Randy. Only that Randy always said what he stood for. But the arrogance and self congratulatory attitude is certainly the same.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Yeah, I'm too generous for my own good sometimes.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(December 27, 2015 at 2:14 pm)Delicate Wrote: One thing this thread demonstrates is that people tend to pick up their feelings off of each other.

The emotional contagion here is tremendous.

Oink, oink motherfucker.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
Soon he's going to 'ditch' the 'new, improved' persona and blame us for making him do it, thus fulfilling the purpose of the thread. Thus spake the prophet.
(December 27, 2015 at 7:21 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Soon he's going to 'ditch' the 'new, improved' persona and blame us for making him do it, thus fulfilling the purpose of the thread. Thus spake the prophet.

All hail Stimbo, watcher of the strings of fate!
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
(December 26, 2015 at 5:37 pm)Delicate Wrote: A lot of atheists are mad at me. Perhaps for good reason- I've been a bit of a meanie-poo.

But a part of me also feels justified in acting all rambunctious and feisty because that's how I was treated early on without justification.

But I'm willing to set all that aside and start afresh. Clean slate and all.

Is this something we're all amenable to?

My necessary conditions for changing my opinion of you:

1) Stop baiting others from the word go. Every thread you've created has been titled to get others angry, and they all go downhill from there very quickly.

2) Provide some details about where you are coming from. Right now all you're doing is sidestepping this very necessary piece of evidence about you.

3) Provide some evidence for your positions.

4) Learn from your betters. Every single argument you have made has been comprehensively dismantled and conclusively shown to be wrong. Yet you still persist in condescending at those who disagree with you, despite your position having no basis whatsoever.

5) Don't be such a prick. Your general tone is confrontational, insulting and derogatory (without a single shred of provocation). Most others will react to you in the same way. If you want to improve the manner in which you are being dealt with improve your manners (vastly).

But the fact that your OP is framing you as the poor oppressed victim states to me clear as day that you don't want to improve yourself vis a vis the forum, you just want to mark your territory as martyr on here, so you can point to your buddies in the dipshit religionista community and shout "look at me, I have suffered for my faith, just like all those other oppressed christians. Truly, I am one of christ's greatest followers".
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Atheism based on evidence, offers spiritual fulfillment Nobody 11 5224 March 2, 2013 at 5:17 am
Last Post: Esquilax