Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 7:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delicate Offers a Truce
RE: Delicate Offers a Truce
(December 29, 2015 at 11:17 am)JBrentonK Wrote: I have only recently found God.

And I know from experience that you have no evidence for the no God claims. You can convert anytime, Evie.

This isn't April Fools again you know.

Is everything all right?
Delicate Offers a Truce
(December 29, 2015 at 11:00 am)JBrentonK Wrote:
(December 29, 2015 at 10:51 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: Okay, let us start there, then.  You are right in that in order for everyone to discuss ideas here going forward, we need to be on the same page.  So, begin by proving our errors in critical thinking so that we can move beyond it.

Atheists are not on the same page as christians. Why pose a question like this? Do you understand that delicate is a christian? It takes balls to be a christian. Don't place yourself so high up on the stepstool/stepchair.

So then, if we have nothing in common, and will never agree on anything, why are you guys here spending your lives posting in an atheist community? I have always been fascinated by human motives.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
That is the stupidest trash I have ever read.

Only provide proof you can disbelieve in God, downbeatplumb, and we will reconsider taking delicate's positions differently.
(December 29, 2015 at 11:17 am)JBrentonK Wrote: I have only recently found God.

And I know from experience that you have no evidence for the no God claims. You can convert anytime, Evie.

But convert to what? You haven't really told us what following your god entails.
Do you or do you not know me JK?

PM me perhaps?
I mean your god obviously doesn't care whether or not one is kind, polite, loving. Who is your god, what are his rules?
Sorry for bothering you, LadyForCamus, not trying to disturb. No need for a response to this post.
(December 29, 2015 at 11:07 am)drfuzzy Wrote:
(December 29, 2015 at 11:06 am)JBrentonK Wrote: Similarly, there is no epistemic evidence for the "no God" position.

[Image: 428417a1e18da72b1704da8395c1dd0b.jpg]

Yep yep and yep.......

"Prove God isn't real"

Is the same as

"Prove Allah isn't real"
"Prove Vishnu isn't real"
"Prove Thor dosn't make lightening"

Even outside the issue of religion, if I were to claim " I got a blowjob from Angelina Jolie" I'd certainly have way more evidence for that because I can prove she is real and I am real, but somehow sane people would rightfully reject such a naked assertion.

If you went to pick up your paycheck on payday, and your boss said "It's an invisible check" and you said "Ok it's direct deposit" then went to your bank to find out no money was deposited, nobody I would call sane would continue to keep their job if that repeatedly happened.

But all you have to do to protect a naked assertion say "It's my faith" "It's my religion".
I do not know you at all, Evie.

You atheists, are so, so, so stupid. Please, guys, try harder.

Especially you, drfuzzy.
I miss fr0d0 and Deistpaladin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Atheism based on evidence, offers spiritual fulfillment Nobody 11 4990 March 2, 2013 at 5:17 am
Last Post: Esquilax