Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 26, 2024, 6:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delicate Offers a Truce
RE: Delicate Offers a Truce
(December 29, 2015 at 11:52 am)Pandæmonium Wrote: It's really quite tragic. I'm sure trolls used to do research on things they wanted to talk about on forums. Trolls were best in the late naughties. Now they're just so mediocre.

Agreed. Most are now only ignorant and annoying. Many used to have some wit resulting in humorous exchanges.
Thems good ol' days of the late naughties, huh? Cool
(December 29, 2015 at 11:51 am)Pandæmonium Wrote:
(December 29, 2015 at 11:17 am)JBrentonK Wrote: I have only recently found God.

And I know from experience that you have no evidence for the no God claims. You can convert anytime, Evie.

Banterbury, atheism is not a positive claim, theism is. Only a thicko would think otherwise. You're not a thicko are you? People assess any claims when they've given to them. Rejection of a claim is not rejection of the possibility of something the claim is trying to make. I.e. You make a claim about your God which is of course baseless and without reasonable foundation, we reject it, but we are still then open to the possibility of there being a deity of some description. There's just no reason to give any positive claims credibility without the evidence.

You care about intellectual consistency broseph or just lying over and over?

Come on man, the trolling is getting pretty boring now, it's not even funny. Sad

P,

That was the funniest atheist post I have ever heard. You sincerely believe in the foundations of your beliefs, as an atheist. That really astonished me. The problem you have is you genuinely believe in your position. You actually accept it's ok to be stupid, rock crushorish, and faithless, and ... Even Godless! Even without evidence for your OWN position, you still tredge forward with just enough security, as to nearly cause a spontanious combustion of your own terms. For example. Theism and Atheism.

Theism is not even the same thing as Atheism. Atheists exist, whereas theists do not. Atheists are described as people who do not believe in God, you nit wit, that's all. Theists are those who believe in God.

These are terms, and using them with some assurance (*cough*) is very important. You are just losing the ability to do so by further listening/reading this thread. Hopefully you will convert, and save yourself in the afterlife. But for evil atheistic people, that is not very likely.

I feel that every one of your foundations are incorrect pand., and you have nothing more to stand on. And we are not trolling, you atheists are all trolling. Always the same thing though. "God does not exist. God does not exist." When will you ever arrive upon the conclusion that "God does exist. God does exist." You think calling us theists helps your case? There is no such position as the imaginary internet coined term "theist."

Now go suck a dick you lowlife atheist.
You are so full of it P.
What is this world going to come to when your father, whatever his name is, takes control. [Image: shock.gif]
JGetbentKilljoy:   "You think calling us theists helps your case? There is no such position as the imaginary internet coined term "theist." 

Of course there is.  It's someone who still needs an imaginary friend in the sky.  It's Santa up there, just for them, giving them gifts after they die. It's a fantasy King who tells them "you're much specialler than all of the other stupid hoomans".  It's an imaginary Father who tells them what to do.  It's someone who lets priests and preachers tell them what to think.  It's someone who is afraid to ask questions.  It's someone who believes that deities exist.  That's a theist.  

An atheist doesn't see enough empirical evidence for those beliefs.  When god shows up and says "hi", I'll change my mind.  Simple. 

Nothing you waste your time typing into an internet forum is going to have any effect on anything.  
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
I don't know what it is about you, JBK, but when you talk like that you give me the biggest, slimiest boner ever. Are you single?
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(December 29, 2015 at 2:04 am)Delicate Wrote:
(December 28, 2015 at 8:15 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: It's not up to us to bring up a particular argument then refute it.

It is up to you to defend your claims with evidence and reason, then it is up to us refute them, or concede.

Every time, and I do mean every time, I ever attempt to define the god a theist believes in, then refute the arguments for that god, the theist will claim that is not the god they believe exists.

You do know there are 33,000 Christian sects, right? How are we able to guess which flavor you follow and how you define your god?

Well, you are making the claim that you have valid objections to theistic arguments, aren't you? 

Or is your position something like "I have no refutation of a single theistic argument."? In this case, you're obviously not making a claim to possess any objections.

I have valid objections to every theist argument I've ever been presented. 

Theists have been trying to support their case for thousands of years. If there were no valid objections and refutations, I would no longer be an atheist.

That is why I (and every other atheist here) continue to request that you present your arguments and evidence, in case you have something that I have not seen before that I might be convinced by.

EDIT: I am not about to put words in your mouth, and refute arguments and evidence that you don't think are valid to support your god belief. It is up to you to define what you believe, and most importantly, why you believe it.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(December 29, 2015 at 1:28 pm)JBrentonK Wrote:
(December 29, 2015 at 11:51 am)Pandæmonium Wrote: Banterbury, atheism is not a positive claim, theism is. Only a thicko would think otherwise. You're not a thicko are you? People assess any claims when they've given to them. Rejection of a claim is not rejection of the possibility of something the claim is trying to make. I.e. You make a claim about your God which is of course baseless and without reasonable foundation, we reject it, but we are still then open to the possibility of there being a deity of some description. There's just no reason to give any positive claims credibility without the evidence.

You care about intellectual consistency broseph or just lying over and over?

Come on man, the trolling is getting pretty boring now, it's not even funny. Sad

P,

That was the funniest atheist post I have ever heard. You sincerely believe in the foundations of your beliefs, as an atheist. That really astonished me. The problem you have is you genuinely believe in your position. You actually accept it's ok to be stupid, rock crushorish, and faithless, and ... Even Godless! Even without evidence for your OWN position, you still tredge forward with just enough security, as to nearly cause a spontanious combustion of your own terms. For example. Theism and Atheism.

Theism is not even the same thing as Atheism. Atheists exist, whereas theists do not. Atheists are described as people who do not believe in God, you nit wit, that's all. Theists are those who believe in God.

These are terms, and using them with some assurance (*cough*) is very important. You are just losing the ability to do so by further listening/reading this thread. Hopefully you will convert, and save yourself in the afterlife. But for evil atheistic people, that is not very likely.

I feel that every one of your foundations are incorrect pand., and you have nothing more to stand on. And we are not trolling, you atheists are all trolling. Always the same thing though. "God does not exist. God does not exist." When will you ever arrive upon the conclusion that "God does exist. God does exist." You think calling us theists helps your case? There is no such position as the imaginary internet coined term "theist."

Now go suck a dick you lowlife atheist.
J.Q.Bambury,

Ah, so you are thicko then.. Btw I read the top line and the bottom line, everything else in between I presume is dross

I wish there was a way to convert your stupidity into electricity. ^_^

Any plans for how you're going to up your trolling game on your next forum? Maybe you could try being better at it rather than, you know, just terrible in every way? I mean 'suck a dick'? Pfft, amateur.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
I always miss the best threads. Can someone post a TL: DR?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Atheism based on evidence, offers spiritual fulfillment Nobody 11 5223 March 2, 2013 at 5:17 am
Last Post: Esquilax