Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 29, 2024, 10:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something to shake the very foundation of your lack of faith
RE: Something to shake the very foundation of your lack of faith
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCo46sapPBc
Nope, sorry.

Testimony is the claim, which you are making.

Evidence is that which supports the claim. Acceptable evidence of a medical phenomena would include medical charts, peer reviewed articles in medical journals, EKGs, EEGs, etc.

A YouTube video is not a credible source to back up a claim, otherwise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcZaJEMsSwM

I just proved that chem trails are real.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
If an account can be proof of itself, you can prove anything is true just by saying it.

Consider why you don't instantly believe that what happens in fictional stories actually occured in real life. If all you can is, "It's fiction" then we can just as easily say the same about holy books. Otherwise, you have to show what the difference is. Fiction can include any number of actual historical events, with varying degrees of accuracy.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(January 16, 2016 at 6:33 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Nope, sorry.

Testimony is the claim, which you are making.

Evidence is that which supports the claim. Acceptable evidence of a medical phenomena would include medical charts, peer reviewed articles in medical journals, EKGs, EEGs, etc.

A YouTube video is not a credible source to back up a claim, otherwise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcZaJEMsSwM

I just proved that chem trails are real.

okay genius, since your going to play that game, prove to me that dark mater and dark energy exists ?

prove to me using ke = mv^2 + mgh

that it exists?

prove it

prove F = ma

prove E = kE + mGH

etc

prove to me ANY mathematical formulae is true?

ps i am a trained physicist
here is something relevant to this discussion

the physical universe makes up only 0.2% is stars and solar systems of the universe

74% is dark energy and 24% is dark matter

and what is dark matter and dark energy?

what is anti matter?(opposite to physical perceptible matter)

lets get quantum over here

how do we know it exists?

because people CLAIM it exists , and why and how do they claim it? and why do we believe it?

why do people accept this but you wont accept the other observable and tangent evidence of a testimony ?
No one is basing life decisions on dark matter, or trying to convert people into dark matter cults, or killing people over not believing in it, even if this wasn't a faulty analogy.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Nope. I'm not going to play that game. That's not how a discussion works. I have not made any of those claims, and I'm not interested in a juvenile battle of wits.

Let's stick to the claims that you have made. You claim that this man died for three days, was in multi-system organ failure, brain dead, for 72 hours, and made a full (or at least mostly full) recovery.

It should be trivially easy to find the peer reviewed article describing this phenomenal occurrence. His doctors would have been scratching each others' throats just to get top billing on the article. So, let's have it.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
PS - A trained physicist would have more than a third grader's grasp on basic grammar and spelling.

well unfortunately there is bias, thats the point

but when it comes to evidence, there is such as thing as CIRCUMSTANTIAL evidence

that is in FACT how we believe in dark matter and dark energy

we have calculated that there isnt enough PHYSICAL matter to cause the energy required for the universe to behave the way it behaves and causes and effects from such things as universal gravitational constant

or attractive forces between physical bodies

the physical part of the universe is NOT ENOUGH to make the universe not only continue to expand and turn and mechanically revovle etc

but to sustain itself

so we go by opposites

we say that X amount of energy is needed

however since this is not observable and perceptible through physical matter

we say it is called DARK energy and DARK matter i.e imperceptible

it could be God directly for all we know or it could be something that is still a medium between God and the physical matter

point is we believe in it CIRCUMSTANTIALLY

same way we take testimony and believe in it CIRCUMSTANTIALLY

when thousands of people report such things and even bear such signs as the guy that looks like scar face, then it becomes VERY probable and VERY plausible
(January 16, 2016 at 6:49 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: PS - A trained physicist would have more than a third grader's grasp on basic grammar and spelling.

my engineering professor said once "we do not care about punctuation and grammar we are not linguists we are engineers"

and its true, because in the end you completely understand what i said

there is NOTHING ambiguous about what i am saying, nobody is questioning me on that

science is like this "if there is footsteps there must have been a person"

its deductive and inductive , but we didn't observe a person, and the footsteps couldn't have made themselves, so hence we believe in it

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is PeTA atheist or something of a humanist? BananaFlambe 11 806 December 4, 2023 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Good Faith Media: Global Christian Population to reach 3.3 BN by 2050. Nishant Xavier 270 13739 September 30, 2023 at 10:49 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  why do people still have faith in god even after seeing their land turned into dust? zempo 8 1502 June 20, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  A very clever alien.. R00tKiT 85 8480 January 4, 2021 at 10:10 am
Last Post: RozzerusUnrelentus
  Question about "faith" rockyrockford 428 35991 December 22, 2020 at 9:50 am
Last Post: Apollo
  Local woman says only way she has survived during COVID is faith Tomatoshadow2 41 3033 December 21, 2020 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Maybe there's something like a god out there. Ryantology 38 3142 June 5, 2020 at 8:42 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5359 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Why don't some people understand lack of belief? Der/die AtheistIn 125 23006 April 20, 2018 at 7:15 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  There is a very good different argument about power. Mystic 12 2807 April 3, 2018 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: chimp3