Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 30, 2024, 10:01 am

Poll: Gay Marriage - are you for or against it and why?
This poll is closed.
I support it
89.53%
77 89.53%
I oppose it
10.47%
9 10.47%
Total 86 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gay Marriage - are you for or against it and why?
RE: Gay Marriage - are you for or against it and why?
Ascendent Wrote:They are reproducing with an unknown person's semen (or stealing the child of a woman)... the religions would have them cast whores and kidnappers.
What about the men that use unknown female donations?

(February 22, 2011 at 2:41 pm)Ashendant Wrote:
Ascendent Wrote:They are reproducing with an unknown person's semen (or stealing the child of a woman)... the religions would have them cast whores and kidnappers.
What about the men that use unknown female donations?

That was where the 'kidnapping' portion comes in. From a religious person's viewpoint, the mother either abandoned her child, or her child was taken from her.

Note... these are not my viewpoints. These are some base arguments that lie beneath the fluff that people have so much fun arguing over.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(February 22, 2011 at 5:31 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: That was where the 'kidnapping' portion comes in. From a religious person's viewpoint, the mother either abandoned her child, or her child was taken from her.

Note... these are not my viewpoints. These are some base arguments that lie beneath the fluff that people have so much fun arguing over.

So... I take it that this means that adoption is out? I don't see how this doesn't apply as child abandonment according 'from a religious person's viewpoint'.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
(February 22, 2011 at 6:40 pm)TheDarkestOfAngels Wrote:
(February 22, 2011 at 5:31 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: That was where the 'kidnapping' portion comes in. From a religious person's viewpoint, the mother either abandoned her child, or her child was taken from her.

So... I take it that this means that adoption is out? I don't see how this doesn't apply as child abandonment according 'from a religious person's viewpoint'.

Adoption when the child's parents are both dead? That's fine. And it is abandonment from any point of view to *abandon* it, thus necessitating it be adopted by another.
What stops two bi-sexuals from marrying, or gay couples marrying and then living side by side in twin houses..is that okay? It works on paper and they can get away with it.
(February 22, 2011 at 9:08 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: What stops two bi-sexuals from marrying, or gay couples marrying and then living side by side in twin houses..is that okay? It works on paper and they can get away with it.

Whut? o.O

Elaborate please.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
(February 22, 2011 at 11:15 pm)Dotard Wrote: Elaborate please.
a male gay couple and a female gay couple can agree to inter marry and then buy adjacent houses, then live with their lovers. They have connections that most heterosexuals could not have.. the resources of two families. They can also adopt children this way as well. How can America stop this from happening was my question.

I am not against it, but it is a GLARING loop hole.

(February 22, 2011 at 11:56 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote:
(February 22, 2011 at 11:15 pm)Dotard Wrote: Elaborate please.
a male gay couple and a female gay couple can agree to inter marry and then buy adjacent houses, then live with their lovers. They have connections that most heterosexuals could not have.. the resources of two families. They can also adopt children this way as well. How can America stop this from happening was my question.

I am not against it, but it is a GLARING loop hole.

I don't see how it is a loophole at all... they made a deal and perform accordingly. A marriage can be entirely political, you know... there are such things as 'consorts'.

I don't get your point 0.o
(February 23, 2011 at 4:29 am)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: I don't see how it is a loophole at all... they made a deal and perform accordingly. A marriage can be entirely political, you know... there are such things as 'consorts'.

Excellent point.

Might I point out that marriage originally was akin to a property swap and alliance, all rolled into one. Women were, of course, the property.

The roots of an institution yield much in the understanding of what marriage was and is now.
How funny.

Once years ago there was a single mother living in a house couple doors down from me.

We knew each other no more than a walking by "Howdy" conversations. She approached me with this same idea. We get married on paper only and she began listing the benifits to me. Claim her and the child on taxes and give her a cut of the proceeds while doubling, maybe even triple, my tax refunds. Placing her and her child on my health insurance and she would pay an amount giving me profit on the deal. And a few more benefits I don't quite remember, oh public assistance (food stamps, whatever).

I mulled over it a few days, couldn't find any problem with it as far as getting caught and charged with fraud.

I decided against it because, well, I don't trust women. Prob would have got it all going, let a year or two pass by, then file for divorce and claim 1/2 my shit (stuff), and child support payments.

That 'Loop Hole' you advocate leaves much room for those women to screw over the dudes. Two evil minds working together it wouldn't be long before both the butt-pirates found themselves in divorce court facing 18 years of child support payments (if adoption happened) and the loss of their home AND the loss of their child if they were able to adopt also.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why don't Southern states outlaw interracial marriage? Jehanne 12 1227 July 26, 2022 at 7:55 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  1 dollar stands firmly against 1 hryvnia. Why? Interaktive 6 445 June 23, 2021 at 5:00 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Transgenderism versus Interracial Marriage. Jehanne 3 588 April 18, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Russia's Putin wants traditional marriage and God in constitution zebo-the-fat 17 1755 March 4, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Elizabeth Warren On Marriage Equality BrianSoddingBoru4 8 1601 October 15, 2019 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Conservative and Gay John V 42 5480 January 27, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Why oh why are people on the righ so against LGBT folk? NuclearEnergy 10 2053 July 26, 2017 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Why is the Democratic Party against the only person who could save them? Mystical 63 16578 June 3, 2017 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  This Is What You're Up Against With Drumpfucks Minimalist 20 2685 March 18, 2017 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Do you know why wars happens and why middle east is robbed? Safirno 12 2239 July 9, 2016 at 11:48 am
Last Post: account_inactive