Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 20, 2024, 7:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transexuals
RE: Transexuals
Apparently Curt never realized that the men's room typically has at least one full toilet stall for those needing to take a shit/disabled folks. Transgender men would just use that.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(April 20, 2016 at 8:44 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: Apparently Curt never realized that the men's room typically has at least one full toilet stall for those needing to take a shit/disabled folks.  Transgender men would just use that.

What someone thought they'd be trying to pee in a urinal?
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(April 20, 2016 at 8:55 pm)Losty Wrote:
(April 20, 2016 at 8:44 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: Apparently Curt never realized that the men's room typically has at least one full toilet stall for those needing to take a shit/disabled folks.  Transgender men would just use that.

What someone thought they'd be trying to pee in a urinal?

Judging by Curt Shilling's Facebook comment, apparently he did.

Of course, he's an idiot.  And he just got fired by ESPN, so good job, buddy.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
Ol Curt. Slowly losing one's job at a Disney company for being a bigot.

Clap
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(April 19, 2016 at 2:04 am)SteelCurtain Wrote:
(April 19, 2016 at 1:20 am)Sterben Wrote:           Braces are one thing, having five babies is just stupid cause of the population problem we have, having a lot of intercourse is a personal choice; you assume all the risk. I have never seen a therapist, so my "head trauma" is a product of American society. Some doctors consider it a "Medically indicated procedure", what else could be considered in the category? Baldness, a tiny penis, small breasts, ect. To answer your question to the best of my ability, your "ACL Reconstruction" is covered since it's classified as injury, SRS is still has not become a main stream medical issue. As soon as they open the gates up for people to get SRS operations covered by base line insurance, that will cause people to push for breast implants to covered, then penis enlargement, what's next nose jobs and Botox? Where does one draw the line? What's the end all solution, offer the ultimate HMO or PPO that covers everything wrong with you?

The thing you don't seem to understand, Sterben, is that your medical "opinion" counts for exactly zero here. All those things that I mentioned are already covered in most mainline medical/dental plans. Your opinion about them means exactly nothing when applied to reality. You keep switching the goalposts here, stick to one position. You seem to think that whatever you think up could be considered a fact, because, what, it makes sense to you? No ACL reconstruction is not an injury, it's one medically indicated treatment for a physical trauma. It's an elective procedure because a person does not necessarily need ACL reconstruction to walk/function. I lived for 3 years without one.

The difference between people who want nose jobs for cosmetic issues and Botox to stop aging is that these people don't suffer from a legitimate and recognized mental dysphoria for which the physician recommended treatment is hormone therapy and SRS.

"Mainstream medicine..." I assume you're read up on the latest in mainstream medicine? A simple google scholar search shows that there are nearly 20,000 papers written on SRS, most in legitimate medical journals.

Reality works like this: if you pay into a plan that covers elective procedures, you are covered for elective procedures. You have yet to come up with a reason why SRS does not fall into this category, other than some hand waving and going back to this "cosmetic" argument, which only shows that you have no idea what Gender Dysphoria is or why SRS is often the recommended procedure for it.
          Gender identity disorder, a simple concept which covers a wide variety of behaviors. The little boy playing barbie dolls, or the little boy playing with his sisters make up. I heard about this story on the radio (http://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/new...-daughter/). His daughter who is only four want's a penis. Your right, I have very rough and general understanding of it. A father seeing his son playing barbie dolls may be a alarm, or be a passing phase. I have a general understanding of gender dysphria and it is considered rare.
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

(April 20, 2016 at 10:32 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Ol Curt. Slowly losing one's job at a Disney company for being a bigot.

Clap

It's up to ESPN if they want to fire him I suppose, he seems rich enough to handle it anyway.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(April 20, 2016 at 10:54 pm)Sterben Wrote:           Gender identity disorder, a simple concept which covers a wide variety of behaviors. The little boy playing barbie dolls, or the little boy playing with his sisters make up. I heard about this story on the radio (http://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/new...-daughter/). His daughter who is only four want's a penis. Your right, I have very rough and general understanding of it. A father seeing his son playing barbie dolls may be a alarm, or be a passing phase. I have a general understanding of gender dysphria and it is considered rare.

Jibbers Crabst, no. Crossing stupid gender stereotypes has nothing to do with Gender Dysphoria. A girl who hates dresses or a boy who hates sports and wants to play with dolls is not what being transgender is, at all. That is just society's stupid 'rules' that we try and push our kids into believing. You're not a real boy unless you love sports and learn to objectify women at a shockingly young age, or if you play with dolls you're a sissy.

No.

Gender dysphoria is the physical and mental feeling of being in the wrong body. Your brain's gender makeup doesn't match your body's sexual expression. It is a constant, unrelenting mental gulf that a person has, until science has caught up with explaining it better, had to just try and cross in some way. I cannot even imagine how unrelenting it must be. Probably similar to phantom limbs with amputees. There's supposed to be something there, and your brain thinks there's something there, but there just isn't, and you're glad for the 3 or 4 minutes a day when you aren't thinking of it because you're occupied with something else.

The problem lies in people creating these opinions about what to do, having clearly no understanding of the issue before forming those opinions. I don't understand why people do this. When these issues started to come to light, the first thing I googled was "what is it like to be trans" and learned about what it really is, from the mouths of people who experience it. Before anyone is allowed to make policy opinions, I think they should at the very least have the human decency learn what it's like (as much as it's possible) from the people who are affected by the policies they are considering.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(April 20, 2016 at 11:28 pm)paulpablo Wrote:
(April 20, 2016 at 10:32 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Ol Curt. Slowly losing one's job at a Disney company for being a bigot.

Clap

It's up to ESPN if they want to fire him I suppose, he seems rich enough to handle it anyway.

They already did. This isn't their first rodeo with Curt. He's a class A fuckbag.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/152836...le-conduct

(April 20, 2016 at 11:28 pm)paulpablo Wrote:

Clap

I disagree with him but I don't think he should lose his job for expressing that opinion.

Your right about that, expressing an opinion does not make you a bad employee. It's the means you express the opinion in which can cause problems. The duck dynasty guy who took a lot of shit for saying what he said. A lot of people feel that way and a lot of people disagree with what he said, that does not mean he should not lose his show. I can understand pressures from others in the numbers that had problems with what he said being a factor. It does not make it right that he may lose his job, to satisfy the offended people they will probably let him go. In this day and age, it's sometimes best to keep your opinions to yourself if your in certain professional positions.
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

(April 20, 2016 at 11:38 pm)Sterben Wrote:
(April 20, 2016 at 11:28 pm)paulpablo Wrote: I disagree with him but I don't think he should lose his job for expressing that opinion.

Your right about that, expressing an opinion does not make you a bad employee. It's the means you express the opinion in which can cause problems. The duck dynasty guy who took a lot of shit for saying what he said. A lot of people feel that way and a lot of people disagree with what he said, that does not mean he should not lose his show. I can understand pressures from others in the numbers that had problems with what he said being a factor. It does not make it right that he may lose his job, to satisfy the offended people they will probably let him go. In this day and age, it's sometimes best to keep your opinions to yourself if your in certain professional positions.

I feel two ways about it.  If his employer wants to fire him they should be able to. On the other hand if there's a trend of people losing their livelihood from expressing an opinion that could be trouble. This person in particular won't be punished by it too badly he probably has enough money.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.