Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 22, 2024, 6:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transexuals
RE: Transexuals
(May 11, 2016 at 4:13 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: I predict it won't end with bathroom access. I can see the headline now: "Transsexual Sues Women's Shelter for Discrimination."

Well..you make it seem like some sort of doomsday prediction, but I can see that being a legitimate issue in the future, and something on which I'd be siding with the woman.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(May 11, 2016 at 4:13 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: I predict it won't end with bathroom access. I can see the headline now: "Transsexual Sues Women's Shelter for Discrimination."

Oh, the humanity! Jerkoff

The real question is are you, Chad, going to be one of the junk police that goes around making sure everyone has the proper genitals?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

I predict you will still be a complete dolt when it happens
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

In my country we call people like you Ionanists or briefcase wankers. Mainly because the cabal of briefcase wankers in Lolek Ltd t/a the Iona "Institute"* (pity that's not a protected word in Ireland) are generally the ones which come out with such rubbish (or their equivalents, such as "fatal foetal anomalies are not always fatal!" when agitating against the PLDPA back a few years ago).

Seriously if you're going to post, either make some attempt at contributing to the debate or being funny. Your output is worthless currently.

*Or the mar a dhea independent organisations that have the exact same office and almost identical personnel as the Iona such as the Hitler Jugend Defence (who include a neo-Nazi sympathiser Justin Barret in their ranks) and groups set up to protest single issues).
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

I know I'd sue if I were a woman and wasn't allowed into a women's shelter.

Because transsexual women are women, you see.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"

Your prediction may well come to pass, if society doesn't take steps to accommodate transgender people. And what if it does?

...?
(May 11, 2016 at 6:26 pm)Gemini Wrote: Your prediction may well come to pass, if society doesn't take steps to accommodate transgender people. And what if it does?

...?

Jesus is going to be pissed.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(May 11, 2016 at 6:11 pm)KevinM1 Wrote:

I know I'd sue if I were a woman and wasn't allowed into a women's shelter.

By your criteria how will you distinguish between a man pretending to be a woman and a man that believes he is one? How would a victim of abuse do so?

Have you considered the possibility that some victims of domestic violence are trying to work through trauma related to their negative experience with biological males? Are you so insensitive that you would deny these female victims the space to work through their feelings without constantly being confronted with some that resembles their abuser?
(May 12, 2016 at 9:06 am)ChadWooters Wrote:
(May 11, 2016 at 6:11 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: I know I'd sue if I were a woman and wasn't allowed into a women's shelter.

By your criteria how will you distinguish between a man pretending to be a woman and a man that believes he is one? How would a victim of abuse do so?

Have you considered the possibility that some victims of domestic violence are trying to work through trauma related to their negative experience with biological males? Are you so insensitive that you would deny these female victims the space to work through their feelings without constantly being confronted with some that resembles their abuser?

I think you're working under the delusion that the bathroom law people have concocted:  That a large bearded burly man in a dress can simply say "I am a woman," and it's that simple.  That is a gross oversimplification of what being transgender is.  Under that logic, should gay men who are victims of domestic abuse have access to all-women shelters, since in any shelter with another man he would be "constantly confronted with some that resembles his abuser?" Or on the flip side, should a lesbian victim of domestic violence be given access to a male-only shelter for the same reasons? Or hey, maybe all this stink and righteous sense of 'protecting' people from trans folks is a whole load of shit and smokescreens to help conceal certain peoples' biases and bigotry.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

Wow, Chad.  For someone with such a "think outside the box" approach to the nature of being, your views regarding gender identity are surprisingly narrow and binary.  I wonder why that is... Undecided

Oh, wait, I know why.  Jebus says.   Angel
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken.