Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 23, 2024, 4:20 pm

Poll: If you were were having a baby boy tomorrow, would you opt for him to be circumcised?
This poll is closed.
Yes, hoes
20.00%
11 20.00%
Hellz no
80.00%
44 80.00%
Total 55 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
To circumcise or not to circumcise?
RE: To circumcise or not to circumcise?
(June 10, 2016 at 3:30 pm)Irrational Wrote:
(June 10, 2016 at 2:43 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Mainly I just want my son (if the baby is a son) to feel comfortable and confident in how it looks... as older kids/teens already tend to be insecure about their changing bodies and their privates to begin with. I don't want to give them a possible reason to be more insecure, and this isn't necessarily with sex, but with using urinals and changing rooms, etc.

Bullshit, this isn't about what your son wants. This is about what you want.

Lol, you read my mind Irrational.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(June 10, 2016 at 3:35 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(June 10, 2016 at 3:30 pm)Irrational Wrote: Bullshit, this isn't about what your son wants. This is about what you want.

Lol, you read my mind Irrational.

The same way you can read your child's mind of course.
(June 10, 2016 at 3:37 pm)Irrational Wrote:
(June 10, 2016 at 3:35 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Lol, you read my mind Irrational.

The same way you can read your child's mind of course.

I never claimed to. Like all moms, I'll do what I think and hope will be best for him/her in the long run. Contrary to your accusation, for his/her good, not my own.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
I personally have never been with a man that wasn't circumcised and I think I would be more than a little put off being with one that wasn't. I'm not saying I couldn't be but it would take serious getting used to and I'm not sure I could do oral until I did get used to it.

My fiancé said he is very happy his parents got him circumcised and said he wants our sons to be. I have no preference so I will let him make the decision.
(June 10, 2016 at 3:41 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(June 10, 2016 at 3:37 pm)Irrational Wrote: The same way you can read your child's mind of course.

I never claimed to. Like all moms, I'll do what I think and hope will be best for him/her in the long run. Contrary to your accusation, for his/her good, not my own.

Unfortunately, parents don't always have the most clear-minded view of what is best for their children. Sad

Good luck either way ...
You realize that the foreskin moves right? If you want to give a blowjob to an uncircumcised guy, you can pull the foreskin back, and you'll get a penis that looks circumcised.

The advantage is giving handjobs becomes easier and feels better for the guy.

As for guys who say they feel glad or happy that their parents got them circumcised, I personally find it hard to believe they can form an educated opinion on the matter, given that they have never experienced being uncircumcised. Its easy for an uncircumcised guy to see what being circumcised is like (pull back the foreskin and keep it like that), but you can't replace what has already been cut off.

Its a bit like a blind from birth person saying they aren't missing anything by being blind. Sure, they don't think they are, but they don't know any better.
No. 
Sure, there are some health benefits....But not enough to warrant hacking off a piece of a kid's junk, in my view.
(June 10, 2016 at 4:50 pm)Thena323 Wrote: No. 
Sure, there are some health benefits....But not enough to warrant hacking off a piece of a kid's junk, in my view.

Regarding "health benefits", nothing so significant that it warrants circumcision over not circumcising. And the only reason we read of these so-called "health benefits" is because money unfortunately can play a big role in determining what gets published in journal articles.
(June 10, 2016 at 4:03 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote: I personally have never been with a man that wasn't circumcised and I think I would be more than a little put off being with one that wasn't. I'm not saying I couldn't be but it would take serious getting used to and I'm not sure I could do oral until I did get used to it.

My fiancé said he is very happy his parents got him circumcised and said he wants our sons to be. I have no preference so I will let him make the decision.

Let's be clear again on this one very important thing:

It isn't about your preferences, or even your partner's preferences. This is about whether it is right to to cut off a valuable piece of skin off a child's penis without his consent.
(June 10, 2016 at 4:50 pm)Thena323 Wrote: No. 

There's literally no health benefits. You could argue that it is more hygienic but even then I wouldn't say so. It's not hard for a guy to pull his foreskin back and wash it.

Circumcised guys lose a lot of sensation down there. I don't see any benefit to it whatsoever, unless the kid was born with an extremely tight foreskin and it became a medical nessecity or something along those lines.

To hack off part of your kids junk without their permission is just child abuse and should be treated as such.