Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 24, 2024, 1:15 am

Poll: If you were were having a baby boy tomorrow, would you opt for him to be circumcised?
This poll is closed.
Yes, hoes
20.00%
11 20.00%
Hellz no
80.00%
44 80.00%
Total 55 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
To circumcise or not to circumcise?
RE: To circumcise or not to circumcise?
(June 10, 2016 at 8:14 pm)Losty Wrote:
(June 10, 2016 at 6:09 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Lol you guys are cracking me up.

I think it's a little bit disgusting that you find it so amusing...
I get there can be differing opinions but I do not understand how cutting up a baby's genitals could ever be funny.

What? 

I thought Thena's comparison to a mushroom and earthworm was funny.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(June 10, 2016 at 8:20 pm)Jello Wrote:
(June 10, 2016 at 8:19 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: You made the assertion that everyone on the for side of the discussion is saying uncircumcised penises are "ewwwww dirty." I responded by saying that while I think it looks better circumcised, I don't think the other alternative is "ewwww dirty." 

Yeah, I think it looks better. But as I have explained, it's not like that's the legitimate reason I voted yes up top. You're making it sound like it is.
Then please, actually give us a legitimate reason. I've yet to see one that actually contains any logic, and the fact you're just throwing silly shit around is making you sound awfully troll-ish, or childish, take your pick really.

I don't understand what it was I said that makes you think I sound trollish or childish, other than having a different opinion than yourself.   

I already gave my reason. A few times. You may not think they are legitimate, but if you want to attack my reasons then attack my reasons. Don't act like my reason is solely for the sake of my personal preference, and then accuse me of it.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(June 10, 2016 at 8:28 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(June 10, 2016 at 8:20 pm)Jello Wrote: Then please, actually give us a legitimate reason. I've yet to see one that actually contains any logic, and the fact you're just throwing silly shit around is making you sound awfully troll-ish, or childish, take your pick really.

I don't understand what it was I said that makes you think I sound trollish or childish, other than having a different opinion than yourself.   

I already gave my reason. A few times. You may not think they are legitimate, but if you want to attack my reasons then attack my reasons. Don't act like my reason is solely for the sake of my personal preference, and then accuse me of it.

You haven't provided any reason other than personal preference and the "he'll get bullied for it" essentially. If people are able to see your kid's dick to bully him about it, i'd be raising bigger, more important questions about HOW they know that.

And i was referring to the part losty quoted, but you clarified that, so i'll retract that particular statement.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. For if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes unto you."
(June 10, 2016 at 8:23 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(June 10, 2016 at 8:14 pm)Losty Wrote: I think it's a little bit disgusting that you find it so amusing...
I get there can be differing opinions but I do not understand how cutting up a baby's genitals could ever be funny.

What? 

I thought that was pretty funny too. But your OP makes it sound like you think it's a big joke. I just get this horrible icky feeling when people joke around about it. Maybe I'm being a prude.

I would feel the same way about the bbq baby jokes if people actually did that in real life.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(June 10, 2016 at 8:43 pm)Losty Wrote:
(June 10, 2016 at 8:23 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: What? 

I thought that was pretty funny too. But your OP makes it sound like you think it's a big joke. I just get this horrible icky feeling when people joke around about it. Maybe I'm being a prude.

I would feel the same way about the bbq baby jokes of people actually did that in real life.

Oh. I was in a rare good mood when I wrote it and just trying to be funny/goofy. I'm not sure I'd say circumcision is a "big joke" or whatever, but wouldn't have wrote it like that if I thought it was a horrible, sinful thing, akin to murdering and eating bbq'd babies or something. But I don't. That has not been my experience personally.

-walsh
[Image: madog_zpsrogb2gue.jpg]
Religion is the top shelf of the supernatural supermarket ... Madog
I can't fit it into my head why anyone would want to mutilate a baby anymore. I can't with the idea.
It's a baby! A defenseless baby.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(June 10, 2016 at 8:01 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(June 10, 2016 at 7:48 pm)Jello Wrote: I never thought i'd ever have to see someone explain what mutilation is, to someone, even though they're presented with a pretty good example from the start.

A simple explanation would be; if it belongs on the body in the first place, and you chop it, there's a 99.99% chance you're mutilating someone.

If fucking god hated foreskins so much why did he create them?

Is god some sort of asshole?

Yes.

Fortunately he's a nonexistent one. But yes.
(June 10, 2016 at 9:19 pm)Mamacita Wrote: I can't fit it into my head why anyone would want to mutilate a baby anymore. I can't with the idea.
It's a baby! A defenseless baby.

I can't get my head around decent people wanting to do something so indecent.
I'm currently riding a sushi high, so I'm feeling extra loquacious.

See, I even feel like using the word loquacious doesn't make me a cunt. I'll feel differently in an hour or so.

I am circumcised, and I don't hold any hard feelings towards my parents for doing it to me. I don't think there are too many examples of really angry boys, because even though you lose a lot of nervous tissue, sexual function is not hampered.

Still, given the choice, I don't feel like there's a logically defensible reason to circumcise your child without a medical reason. Seriously. There just isn't. Leastwise I've not heard one yet. I won't be doing it, and I can't understand why a person would willingly cut off a portion of their child's genitalia for cosmetic or preferential reasons.

I think what most people are objecting to, CL, is the cavalier nature of your reasoning. I understand that your husband wants it, but is that a closed book? Is your husband the final word in this matter? I think sometimes we take to much stock into the way we are used to things and don't look at things from an objective standpoint.

Can I ask a question? What is a good reason for infant circumcision?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---