Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 18, 2024, 5:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crysis 2
Crysis 2
I played through it from 10:32pm Friday to 8pm Saturday nonstop. It is all done.

A lot more glitchy than Crysis - though I wouldn't have noticed it if it 65% of all battles did not go ridiculously sideways.

The story is as meh as the original. However, Crysis 2 wasn't nearly as "walk 3 miles through korean infested jungles" as I was worried.

I feel delusional now.

And I'm tired of being the magic cloaking sniper rifle (the one that decloaks just to fire a shot, fires it, and recloaks again).

Though shooting people and aliens in the face when they are two feet away is strangely therapeutic.
RE: Crysis 2
Don't be silly... not even NASA could run Crysis. How could you possibly have played Crysis 2?
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(June 5, 2011 at 12:09 am)Moros Synackaon Wrote: I played through it from 10:32pm Friday to 8pm Saturday nonstop. It is all done.

A lot more glitchy than Crysis - though I wouldn't have noticed it if it 65% of all battles did not go ridiculously sideways.

The story is as meh as the original. However, Crysis 2 wasn't nearly as "walk 3 miles through korean infested jungles" as I was worried.

I feel delusional now.

And I'm tired of being the magic cloaking sniper rifle (the one that decloaks just to fire a shot, fires it, and recloaks again).

Though shooting people and aliens in the face when they are two feet away is strangely therapeutic.

That looks disappointing. I was thinking of getting crysis2. Based solely on the graphics which look amazing.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I think Crysis 2 represents the baseline of what an FPS should be.

The graphics were great, the gameplay fine and ammo was littered the fuck everywhere.

I conserved almost every single shot like I did in System Shock 2, but would run out and be forced to use the ammo crates multiple times in multiple battles, usually 10 feet from each other.

I'm a sniper by nature, so my best impressions come from the game when I could use just that gun.

My worst impressions of the game came from being forced to fight against an enemy that ate either 10+ sniper shots or needed some special weapon.

And it was no end of frustrating that despite my aim for the fleshy parts of the aliens with the crosshairs leveled at the sweet spot and steadied, the bullet would insta-kill them 66% of the time. The other, highly annoying 33% would ricochet harmlessly off of their armor, prompting them to enable some energy shield, preventing me from shooting off their damn, now exposed head.

Only shooting them in the back, throat (very hard) worked 100% of the time against most enemies.

The ones that I hated most dearly: the chickenwalkers (both of them), the Ceph Devastator units (un-snipable - and it takes two C4 or three JAW rockets to kill - and the c4 is HARD to use right (it's a remote detonator)) and the end game cloaking bosses.

I still like the fact that after playing the same end-level segment over and over again, me finally snapping and just running, decloaking, assaulting them with my rifle butt, then running away as I really began to die (all fades to black, gets hazy), enabling the armor mode just to run some corners, recloaking.

Did that 10 fucking times, amazed each time I had survived a very nasty encounter with a pack of nasties that could kill me in two melee hits. Eventually they all died. After 20 minutes of "why am I alive?"

Then the game was beat.

And I deinstalled it, never to return.

Our shared fileserver is such a savior of money on bad games. Big Grin
Crysis 2 is meh in my opinion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crysis 3 SP Footage. Faith No More 1 1060 December 21, 2012 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: Jackalope