Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 25, 2024, 2:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing?
RE: I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing?
(November 1, 2016 at 3:48 pm)Mariosep Wrote: So, without much ado with replying to your everyone's posting here, and also please, I will not invest time and labor to take up your repeated but unfounded grievances against me, for that will take me away from my purpose in this thread, which is to observe how you think as to comment on my proof for God existing.

bold is mine

In other words, any refutations and couter arguments will be ignored, or dismissed, unless we validate your "proof". That's not going to happen. You will need to tell us what a god actually is before trying to prove what it can do.

(November 1, 2016 at 3:48 pm)Mariosep Wrote: If only you also give an example of what and how you prove something to exist in objective reality outside of our mind and the concepts we have in our mind, then I submit you will see the truth, the fact, the logic, and how it my proof has support in the history of ideas with mankind.

That has already been outlined for you. Several times, in fact. You just cannot meet the basic requirements to show that your god exists in objective reality.
“Life is like a grapefruit. Well, it's sort of orangey-yellow and dimpled on the outside, wet and squidgy in the middle. It's got pips inside, too. Oh, and some people have half a one for breakfast.”  - Ford Prefect
(November 1, 2016 at 5:40 pm)Mariosep Wrote: That is your trouble, dear atheist colleagues here, you keep on complaining that I am not refuting your objections, but I keep on requesting you to present an example of your proving with a write-up step by step, of something to exist in objective reality.

Then you should have opened another thread with that subject.

But what you did was open a thread with a flawed syllogism that does not prove what you are claiming it proves.

We all pointed that out.

But instead of responding to our points, you continue to ignore them.

Quote:The difference between you and me in regard to proof of something to exist, is that I have presented a proof of something to exist, namely, God; but you nothing at all.

No, you provided a flawed argument. You did not offer a proof.

Quote:Anyway, I will wait for your example of a write-up of proof that something exists in objective reality.

Like this way, below, but of course you need not follow my example faithfully, just keep to the core configuration.

Are you seriously trying to equate your 'proof' for a god, with the methods we use to prove things, like atoms, actually exist in reality?!

Quote:What about, which is what I also want to invite you, since several posts from yours truly in recent time, dear atheist colleagues here, namely: for us to work together as to concur on what is causation.

Causation, or causality, is the capacity of one variable to influence another. The first variable may bring the second into existence or may cause the incidence of the second variable to fluctuate.

Causation requires time and space. How did your god cause something to come into existence without time and space?

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
Did the rest of you know that we are in a popularity contest? And you didn't tell me!

Well that's it. I'm only hanging with the cheer leaders and jocks from now on.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
(November 1, 2016 at 5:40 pm)Mariosep Wrote: The difference between you and me in regard to proof of something to exist, is that I have presented a proof of something to exist, namely, God; but you nothing at all.

That is clearly a lie, as I posted a video of an atom.

Thank you for illustrating to us all that your religion has made you into a liar.  May you lose your faith and never regain it.
And here I had such high hopes for the mysteries of life, the universe, and everything to be revealed on page 42...
“Life is like a grapefruit. Well, it's sort of orangey-yellow and dimpled on the outside, wet and squidgy in the middle. It's got pips inside, too. Oh, and some people have half a one for breakfast.”  - Ford Prefect
(November 1, 2016 at 3:48 pm)Mariosep Wrote: If only you also give an example of what and how you prove something to exist in objective reality outside of our mind and the concepts we have in our mind, then I submit you will see the truth, the fact, the logic, and how it my proof has support in the history of ideas with mankind.

ANSWERED MANY TIMES ALREADY.

Read the fucking responses.
Step 1: Define your terms. e.g. A nose is in situated in the middle of a face, sticks out from it, and air travels through it to the lungs. It is used for smelling.
Step 2: Create a falsifiable hypothesis. e.g. Noses exist and are found on normal human faces.
Step 3: Test hypothesis and collect evidence. e.g. Look at faces and see how many have a nose according to the definition in step 1.
Step 4: Write up the definition, experiments and results as a paper, get it peer reviewed and published.
Step 5: Other scientists will then try to reproduce your results.
The nose is the scenter of the face.

Sorry. Carry on.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Right you. You're barred Stimbo. We don't want any of those so-called puns around a classy establishment like this. Get your coat son and sling yer hook!

[Image: o-BARTENDER-ANGRY-facebook.jpg]
... Not again.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 7848 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Do you think God is authoritarian? ShinyCrystals 65 4826 December 9, 2023 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The fascinating asymmetry of theist-atheist discussion Astreja 5 589 July 22, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Europeans already think about Harry Potter, not about god Interaktive 11 1311 January 1, 2023 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 2703 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I received a letter from a theist, need a good reply Radamand 22 2456 March 22, 2022 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 1168 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Proof at least one god is b.s. onlinebiker 10 1640 March 16, 2021 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What do you think of LGBTQ2? SlimePumper 58 8105 February 18, 2019 at 5:19 am
Last Post: Agnostico
  Who do you think is best atheist of our times? GGG 70 8385 January 22, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: GGG