Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 12, 2024, 12:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tooth Fairy Bullshit
RE: Tooth Fairy Bullshit
(January 17, 2017 at 11:10 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Straights can buttfuck as well. I never took you for a heterophobe.

That makes them perverts too.
In your opinion that makes them perverts. I wonder what their opinion would be of you?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Huggy74 Wrote:Your logic kinda fails since he's the CREATOR of this reality, and why would the creator be affected by the creation or not be able to interact with it?

Any interaction would be detectable. If there were a God and it was actually 'doing stuff', it would be like Dark Energy, even though it's not yet detectable we can know that it exists and infer certain things about it because of what it does. Presuming your version of God acts through miracles, one proven miracle that was actually miraculous would be something you could point to as evidence for your God. It might not be conclusive, but at least it would be something.[/quote]

Huggy74 Wrote:*emphasis mine*

Spit Coffee

Belief and faith are synonymous, there is no difference...

belief

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/belief

1. something believed; an opinion or conviction: a belief that the earth is flat.

2. confidence in the truth or existence of something not immediately susceptible to rigorous proof: a statement unworthy of belief.

3. confidence; faith; trust: a child's belief in his parents.

4. a religious tenet or tenets; religious creed or faith:  

Being synonymous doesn't mean there is no difference. Context is important. Boat is a synonym for canoe, but not all boats are canoes. All faith is belief, but not all belief is faith. Faith is a particular kind of belief. I believe the sun will come up in the morning. That is not equivalent to I have faith that God will regrow my lost arm. If there was truly no difference between the word 'belief' and the word 'faith', their definitions would be identical.

faith

[feyth]

noun

1. confidence or trust in a person or thing:
faith in another's ability.

2. belief that is not based on proof:
He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.

3. belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion:
the firm faith of the Pilgrims.

4. belief in anything, as a code of ethics, standards of merit, etc.:
to be of the same faith with someone concerning honesty.

5. a system of religious belief:
the Christian faith; the Jewish faith.

6. the obligation of loyalty or fidelity to a person, promise, engagement, etc.:
Failure to appear would be breaking faith.

7. the observance of this obligation; fidelity to one's promise, oath, allegiance, etc.:
He was the only one who proved his faith during our recent troubles.

8. Christian Theology. the trust in God and in His promises as made through Christ and the Scriptures by which humans are justified or saved.
[/quote]
Huggy74 Wrote:
Mathilda Wrote:If you create or interact with something then it is part of the same reality that you inhabit.

The only thing you can possibly use to argue against this is the fallacious argument of special pleading in the case of your god.

Do the creators of World of Warcraft exist in WoW's reality?

Both the creators of WOW and WOW exist in this reality. They're both part of a reality, and can't not be part of a reality.

If WOW characters were scientifically minded conscious sapient beings, much could be inferred about the creators of WOW based on their interference with the setting. Primary of which would be that they can violate the 'laws' of the setting at will. With an all-powerful creator interfering with your reality, any 'laws' you may discover only last as long as the creator sees fit. If our reality is the equivalent of a WOW game to our creator/designer; it seems to be staying out of the game, kind of ruining your analogy.

And I note: if WOW's characters were conscious sapient beings, their designers would incur moral obligation to them, not the other way around. It would be monstrous of them to treat the characters the way they do if they were 'real' in the sense of being moral agents like us. That obligation wouldn't go both ways: the WOW characters wouldn't have asked to be created or to have the natures their designers gave them.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(January 18, 2017 at 9:59 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Yeesh, you must hate ProgrammingGod's posts then.

BITE your tongue!

(January 18, 2017 at 10:00 am)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:
(January 17, 2017 at 11:10 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Straights can buttfuck as well. I never took you for a heterophobe.

Sweet, got any numbers?

(January 17, 2017 at 7:28 pm)Huggy74 Wrote:
(January 17, 2017 at 7:22 pm)Asmodee Wrote: Balaco is a fucking dictionary???  I knew there was something off with him, but I had no idea he was a damned book!

You responded to me AND Balco in the same post, I'm only referring to your response to me.
What the hell are you smoking?  I posted a quote FROM Balaco, I didn't respond TO Balaco.  That was all for you, buddy.

(January 17, 2017 at 7:28 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: Wait... so your method of determining if a word is synonymous is whether or not it has the same number of references?
Did I EVER argue that they weren't synonyms?  I argued that when you said there was "no difference", that was wrong.  Faith IS a synonym of belief, but synonym does not mean "Means the same thing as the other word, in all instances, without question".  They are "synonyms", but there IS "a difference".  If there were "no difference" then the definitions would be the same.  There would be "no difference" in the definitions.

But all of this semantics bullshit aside, I have proved my point that "faith" and "belief" are commonly used as DIFFERENT words having DIFFERENT meanings.  I only took exception to the part where you said there was "no difference", so yeah, your facepalm graphic there hit the nail on the head because it is like pulling teeth trying to get a simple point across to you.

(January 18, 2017 at 9:58 am)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: I stop reading when people start to bicker about the semantics.

Then stop reading.  I don't give a fuck.  Frankly this is one of the more intelligent responses I've gotten from you.  So, good job!  Way to raise the bar!  Now I'm going to expect it in the future, though.

Mister Agenda Wrote:Being synonymous doesn't mean there is no difference. Context is important. Boat is a synonym for canoe, but not all boats are canoes. All faith is belief, but not all belief is faith. Faith is a particular kind of belief. I believe the sun will come up in the morning. That is not equivalent to I have faith that God will regrow my lost arm. If there was truly no difference between the word 'belief' and the word 'faith', their definitions would be identical.
You see, it's not that hard.  It took Mister Agenda very little effort to examine what I was saying and determine, not only what it was that I was saying, but that it was accurate.  It's actually very simple.  "Synonymous" does not mean "Exactly the same in all instances; no difference"
Have you ever noticed all the drug commercials on TV lately?  Why is it the side effects never include penile enlargement or super powers?
Side effects may include super powers or enlarged penis which may become permanent with continued use.  Stop taking Killatol immediately and consult your doctor if you experience penis enlargement of more than 3 inches, laser vision, superhuman strength, invulnerability, the ability to explode heads with your mind or time travel.  Killatoll is not for everyone, especially those who already have convertibles or vehicles of ridiculous size to supplement penis size.
(January 18, 2017 at 8:01 am)AceBoogie Wrote:
(January 18, 2017 at 5:11 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: lol, a girlfriend is an "it"?

LMFAO!!!!!

Tongue

Didn't mean it like that I meant fight me over the situation, which would be the "it"

or are you just being a silly goose  Rolleyes

I have been in an absurd mood for the last few days, there's something really nice about being ridiculous.

(January 17, 2017 at 11:08 pm)Huggy74 Wrote:
(January 17, 2017 at 11:05 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: Huggy is a buttfucking twatface.

/thread

I never took you to be a homophobe...

The fact you think all buttfuckers are homosexual shows that you are projecting your own homophobia Tongue

(January 17, 2017 at 11:15 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: But used in that context it's not insulting, is it?

Nor would it be insulting if it did mean that you were gay. Unless of course you are indeed projecting your own homophobia Tongue

"Buttfucking" was merely used for emphasis on your being a twatface. You're a motherfucking/fucking/shagging/cunting/buttfucking twatface.

(January 18, 2017 at 9:59 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote:
(January 18, 2017 at 9:58 am)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: I stop reading when people start to bicker about the semantics.

Yeesh, you must hate ProgrammingGod's posts then.

INCORRECT. He does not hate them he despises them.

Warning your doctor called me and told me you have been diagnosed with severe buttsexophobia. It's terminal.

P.S. Anal sex is delicious.

(January 18, 2017 at 1:22 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(January 18, 2017 at 8:01 am)AceBoogie Wrote: LMFAO!!!!!

Tongue

Didn't mean it like that I meant fight me over the situation, which would be the "it"

or are you just being a silly goose  Rolleyes

I have been in an absurd mood for the last few days, there's something really nice about being ridiculous.

Welcome To My World.
(January 18, 2017 at 1:25 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: Warning your doctor called me and told me you have been diagnosed with severe buttsexophobia. It's terminal.

I have a touch of that.  The mere idea grosses me out.  I don't care if someone else does it.  That doesn't bother me.  But the thought of me doing it, I'd say it's a bit of a phobia.
Have you ever noticed all the drug commercials on TV lately?  Why is it the side effects never include penile enlargement or super powers?
Side effects may include super powers or enlarged penis which may become permanent with continued use.  Stop taking Killatol immediately and consult your doctor if you experience penis enlargement of more than 3 inches, laser vision, superhuman strength, invulnerability, the ability to explode heads with your mind or time travel.  Killatoll is not for everyone, especially those who already have convertibles or vehicles of ridiculous size to supplement penis size.
My heart is with you Heart

Buttfuckophobia is a serious condition. It's not joking matter. Butt I'm not being tote-arsely serious.

(January 18, 2017 at 10:25 am)Stimbo Wrote: In your opinion that makes them perverts. I wonder what their opinion would be of you?

I think he's making a complete ass(fuck) of himself.

And this is why I actually decided to open this thread despite it being yours so I could enjoy you being hurt and offended by the tooth fairy analogy.

Thanks for that by the way. It made me chuckle and I'm going to definitely use it more often now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bullshit "I'm an atheist but atheism is evil" article in the Grauniad boils my blood GUBU 13 2087 March 30, 2021 at 6:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How to argue using bullshit abstract terms I_am_not_mafia 23 6164 March 20, 2018 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Old Style Evie/Why "gods" are bullshit. Edwardo Piet 52 11025 January 14, 2016 at 11:23 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Comparing Religion to Fairy Tales and Myths Equal Atheism ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE 13 4730 July 22, 2015 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  The Golden Rule ? Sense or Bullshit? Magnum 92 36253 July 26, 2013 at 11:41 am
Last Post: genkaus
  Evolution is a fairy tale, the peanut butter says so. The Heff 30 10304 June 28, 2012 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Penn and Teller Bullshit: The Bible Gooders1002 0 1891 May 12, 2012 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002
  Penn and Teller Bullshit: The Vatican LarissaAnn 2 1610 December 5, 2011 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Crowd sourcing bullshit control Ziploc Surprise 4 1957 October 30, 2011 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: Ziploc Surprise
  Santa, The Tooth Fairy and the Fantabulous Fabularium of Innocent Myths ElDinero 18 3584 October 20, 2011 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: Diamond