Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 5, 2024, 6:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay finches get along just as well as straight ones.
Gay finches get along just as well as straight ones.
Cool article, especially considering I didn't know there were gay birds, let alone their relationships are as strong as heterosexual ones.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/14479670
RE: Gay finches get along just as well as straight ones.
Not so cool, since I don't have the novelty of surprise... it's like looking at sunsets all day every day: eventually it becomes boring.

But unless the reader has seen gay bird sex before (seagulls...): yes, very cool article indeed. I do recommend it. Hell: VOID liked it.

Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I suspect that the bible thumpers will somehow dismiss these finches as 'not part of nature,' or that Satan got his hands on them. They will do whatever it takes to push their agenda that these acts are unnatural.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(August 17, 2011 at 2:01 am)FaithNoMore Wrote: I suspect that the bible thumpers will somehow dismiss these finches as 'not part of nature,' or that Satan got his hands on them. They will do whatever it takes to push their agenda that these acts are unnatural.

Why bother?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9Lp4-y4RFE
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scientists turn "straight" rats into "gay" rats. Silver 20 6167 November 6, 2015 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  Well....Whaddaya Know.... Minimalist 3 1527 October 7, 2013 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Well this seems like good news. downbeatplumb 0 874 July 3, 2013 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  People Behave Socially and 'Well' Even Without Rules KichigaiNeko 50 15584 January 25, 2012 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  Jurassic Park (well sort of) Cinjin 8 2574 October 25, 2011 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger