Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 30, 2024, 3:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man Named 'Tiffany' Is Dominating Women's Pro Volleyball in Brazil
RE: Man Named 'Tiffany' Is Dominating Women's Pro Volleyball in Brazil
(March 4, 2018 at 4:05 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Why not?

why shouldn't women compete directly with men?

Most of them don't want to, because they don't like losing all the time.
(March 4, 2018 at 4:06 pm)Hammy Wrote:
(March 4, 2018 at 3:47 pm)shadow Wrote: This 1000000x. It has literally nothing to do with gender identity. Like, in track, the men's and women's races are run the same in every facet, except when they're compensating for a physiological difference between men and women (like implements and courses having different heights, weights, or distances). It's not like women wear freaking skirts while doing shot put, or the men's javelins are more masculine. Lol. It's purely physiological.

And gender identity isn't about gender roles. You can be a masculine transwoman who doesn't like dresses and you're no less of a woman than a masculine ciswoman the only difference is you were born with a biologically male body. It's has absolutely nothing to do with acting womanly. A transwoman can play sports for the same reason a ciswoman can play sports. It's just a woman. Cis/trans is no more relevant than white/black. And THAT'S why it's bigoted to act as if it is. When you look at another human being you shouldn't care about whether they are cis or trans any more than you should care about the color of their skin. Certain races don't completely dominate certain sports categories... but if they did it wouldn't matter and they wouldn't be excluded and THAT'S the point.

IT'S NOT ABOUT GENDER. It's about biological sex.

Stop ignoring that this is the entire point I keep making.

Quote:
(March 4, 2018 at 3:34 pm)shadow Wrote: A trans woman is physiologically part male, something we can't change

So what? Being tall makes a person better at basketball but you don't ban overly tall basketball players. Genetic advantages don't matter. It isn't cheating. Drugs is cheating. Genetics isn't cheating. This is a women's category and transwomen are women. The fact that transwomen may have a genetic advantage is no more relevant than the fact taller basketball players have an advantage. They're not men they're women and that's why they get to play with other women.

You say that you do running and if a bunch of transwomen were allowed to compete along with you a bunch of you would be mad... well my point is that you'd be wrong to be mad.

No, I wouldn't. You would like to destroy something that I really enjoy and work hard towards. You have no understanding of how competition works, and you're not paying attention to the rationale behind what I'm saying. You're just offended that some of us aren't pretending that people are all the same. Different sexes aren't something that people made up - men and women are not the same on a biological level. Stop trying to be politically correct and think for a second about the content of my argument. I've taken enough biology for this to be obvious, and I don't think it's advanced science. You're just forgetting it because you're trying to be PC. Don't lie about science because you want to avoid hurting people's feelings or triggering SJWs.

The whole reason sports are segregate by sex in the first place is because genetic advantages do matter when they are as extreme and clearcut as those between men and women. Please, tell me, what is your understanding of the reasons that we have men's and women's categories in sports?
(March 4, 2018 at 4:14 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(March 4, 2018 at 4:05 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Why not?

Most of them don't want to, because they don't like losing all the time.

Do they though.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(March 4, 2018 at 4:05 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(March 4, 2018 at 9:37 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: No. Sports are devided up by sex, not race.

Do you think men and women should compete together because blacks and whites compete together?

If your answer is no, then you agree that sex plays a major role in someone's performance in sports.

Why not?

Yeah, and why shouldn't the 5 year olds compete with the steroid-using 30 year olds?

Because it's common sense that not everyone is physiologically equal, so if you group everyone together without boundaries, only the steroid-using 30 year old men will be able to participate in athletic competition. Athletic competition is exciting, fun, healthy, and teaches people valuable lessons about hard work, success, failure, and teamwork. Why should we destroy the entire concept of competitive sport for 99% of the population, just to satisfy the fact that 0.3% of the population doesn't fit into our current categories? That's madness.
(March 4, 2018 at 4:05 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(March 4, 2018 at 9:37 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: No. Sports are devided up by sex, not race.

Do you think men and women should compete together because blacks and whites compete together?

If your answer is no, then you agree that sex plays a major role in someone's performance in sports.

Why not?

Uh because they would all lose against the men and women would never get any recognition for coming in first place or even making it to the Olympics, for that matter.

Did I really need to explain that to someone??
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Hammy ' Wrote: A man named Tiffany isn't dominating women's volleyball in Brazil. /thread

Neither is a woman named Tiffany dominating women's volleyball in Brazil.
(March 4, 2018 at 4:32 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(March 4, 2018 at 4:14 pm)alpha male Wrote: Most of them don't want to, because they don't like losing all the time.

Do they though.

Some of these examples I imagine do effectively show that women should compete alongside men in a lot of sports where they might be usually segregated.

The boxing ones on here though don't seem to show that, the one example of a woman winning seemed to be suspected of being a publicity stunt and the other time the woman lost against the man.

I have already stated this but my opinion is that it's to increase female earnings and create more female champions, in the sports that men dominate.  

Women can beat men, posting videos of women beating men isn't illuminating anything new to anyone I would hope.  The best women will be able to beat the vast vast majority of men.
But when it boils down to competing in the top tiers I'm sure they'd rather be known as within the top ten of the female division rather than somewhere in the top 50 if they're very good, in a sport where men are generally better.
In UFC for example Chris Cyborg I might (I really have no fucking idea but she might) rank as high as in the top 20 of her weight class if it included men but she'd most likely rather be number 1 of a female division.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(March 4, 2018 at 4:32 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(March 4, 2018 at 4:14 pm)alpha male Wrote: Most of them don't want to, because they don't like losing all the time.

Do they though.

Yes. If you pair up equal skill levels and ages, women are going to lose >99% of the time. You know that. A couple youtube clips doesn't change it. Why pretend like it does?
You know a thread is going on too long when Khemikal stops posting in it.
Dont jinx it. He's probably just busy and will be back with more BS.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trans women banned from world chess LinuxGal 37 3061 October 15, 2023 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Women's Rights Lek 314 20288 April 25, 2023 at 5:22 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  That pro white thread. TheClearCleanStuff 161 22651 May 5, 2022 at 9:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] G-20 leaders, don’t forget the women’s rights advocates rotting in Saudi prisons WinterHold 47 2308 September 23, 2020 at 6:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Damned Women BrianSoddingBoru4 26 2292 December 19, 2019 at 6:00 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Another liberal using women John V 38 3790 October 19, 2018 at 7:47 am
Last Post: John V
  California Requires Women on Corp Boards by law. brewer 49 4305 October 11, 2018 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  BREAKING: Saudi Women Driving, it is now official WinterHold 10 1505 June 24, 2018 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Why Doesn't The Pro-Birth Crowd Address This? Minimalist 11 1126 June 1, 2018 at 10:58 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  New Iowa Law Restricts Abortion To Before Most Women Know They're Pregnant The Industrial Atheist 164 25374 May 20, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: Amarok