Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 12:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ontological Disproof of God
RE: Ontological Disproof of God
(August 22, 2018 at 10:41 am)emjay Wrote:
(August 22, 2018 at 10:36 am)Abaddon_ire Wrote: Oh and side note: The code boxes simply allow me to show you the actual tags without the forum losing it's shit, okay?

Gimme a break. He has shown willing, so let me return it.

ETA: By PM also surprisingly. So fuggit. Atheist forgiveness is better than none at all.

Yeah, I'm all for you showing willing... I wasn't saying anything otherwise.

If the willing stops, so do I. Too much water under that bridge in this thread. I am prepared to have a go but there are limits.
Here's my disproof of a singular personal God, assuming it can communicate clearly when it wants to, and doesn't try to mislead people.

1) This personal God apparently agrees with most theists (who claim it exists) about morality and facts about reality.

2) The theists in question disagree with each other on these subjects.

3) Therefor, this personal God disagrees with itself, and cannot exist.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(August 22, 2018 at 10:46 am)Abaddon_ire Wrote:
(August 22, 2018 at 10:41 am)emjay Wrote: Yeah, I'm all for you showing willing... I wasn't saying anything otherwise.

If the willing stops, so do I. Too much water under that bridge in this thread. I am prepared to have a go but there are limits.

Fair enough. I was really just saying I think you misread my post somehow. But not important.
(August 22, 2018 at 10:54 am)emjay Wrote:
(August 22, 2018 at 10:46 am)Abaddon_ire Wrote: If the willing stops, so do I. Too much water under that bridge in this thread. I am prepared to have a go but there are limits.

Fair enough. I was really just saying I think you misread my post somehow. But not important.

Not at all. 

I'm a graduate radio and telecomunications engineer, former educator, current programmer in the realm of encryption, soon to be counsellor.

Fun life.

I will give a guy a chance.
Wow. Eat your heart out Alexamahone (or whatever his username was). 15 pages for a one-and-done mega word wall shitter.
(August 22, 2018 at 11:11 am)Abaddon_ire Wrote:
(August 22, 2018 at 10:54 am)emjay Wrote: Fair enough. I was really just saying I think you misread my post somehow. But not important.

Not at all. 

I'm a graduate radio and telecomunications engineer, former educator, current programmer in the realm of encryption, soon to be counsellor.

Fun life.

I think we're talking past each other here; I never said you weren't or shouldn't give him a chance. I just got the feeling that you thought I wasn't from my post... which is not the case... little steps is a good thing. But anyway, not important.
(August 22, 2018 at 11:16 am)emjay Wrote:
(August 22, 2018 at 11:11 am)Abaddon_ire Wrote: Not at all. 

Fun life.

I think we're talking past each other here; I never said you weren't or shouldn't give him a chance. I just got the feeling that you thought I wasn't from my post... which is not the case... little steps is a good thing. But anyway, not important.
The not at all part was a clue. 

Relax.
As I said, not important, so let's drop it.
(August 22, 2018 at 12:32 pm)emjay Wrote: As I said, not important, so let's drop it.

Sure. But I don't really think we disagree when one gets to it, and your posts are spot on. Damned if I can feature where we disagree.
(August 22, 2018 at 4:10 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote:
(August 22, 2018 at 12:32 pm)emjay Wrote: As I said, not important, so let's drop it.

Sure. But I don't really think we disagree when one gets to it, and your posts are spot on. Damned if I can feature where we disagree.

Cool... I'll take that Smile I don't think we disagree either. It just felt like at the beginning one or both of us misread the intentions of the other. But it's not important to rake that up, because it makes no difference to the final outcome - which is that we agree - and it could have just been an (inconsequential) misunderstanding on my part; as I've already said, my reading comprehension is not always the best. But just suggesting that we dropped it to avoid a pointless back and forth arguing over minutiae ... which we've now ended up having anyway Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My own moral + ontological argument. Mystic 37 11239 April 17, 2018 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Ontological Limericks chimp3 12 3301 December 22, 2016 at 3:22 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  On Anselm's 2nd Formulation of the Ontological Argument FallentoReason 7 3170 November 21, 2016 at 10:57 am
Last Post: FallentoReason
  How would you describe your ontological views? The Skeptic 10 2786 July 29, 2014 at 11:28 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Ontological Arguments - A Comprehensive Refutation MindForgedManacle 23 5642 March 20, 2014 at 1:48 am
Last Post: Rabb Allah
  The Modal Ontological Argument - Without Modal Logic Rational AKD 82 31659 February 17, 2014 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The modal ontological argument - without modal logic proves atheism max-greece 15 5083 February 14, 2014 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  The Ontological Argument MindForgedManacle 18 6192 August 22, 2013 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Plantiga's ontological argument. Mystic 31 8085 April 25, 2013 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: A_Nony_Mouse
  Why ontological arguments are illogical liam 51 28444 August 14, 2012 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: Angrboda