Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 7:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What has Christianity truly contributed to humanity
RE: What has Christianity truly contributed to humanity
[Image: 0798f2eb-6f1a-4d94-ac4f-41ddd40c92c9.jpg...VIzLyg.jpg]
From: https://onepeterfive.com/pius-xiis-proph...h-liturgy/ Edit: Commentary: What Pope Ven. Pius XII said in 1933 - same Pope who said to be Cautious about Darwinian Evolution and who saved nearly 1 MN Jewish Lives during the Holocaust according to Jewish Scholar Pinchas Lapide in Three Popes and the Jews - is already coming to pass today some 90 years later.

Quote:These underdeveloped peoples will save the Church, Eminence. A day will come when the civilized world will deny its God, when the Church will doubt as Peter doubted. She will be tempted to believe that man has become God, that His Son is only a symbol, a philosophy like so many others. And in churches, Christians will search for the red lamp where Jesus awaits them, like the sinful woman crying out before the empty tomb: ‘Where have they taken Him?’

Then, priests will rise up from Africa, from Asia, from America, formed here in this seminary of the Missions, who will say and who will proclaim that the ‘bread of life’ is not ordinary bread, that the mother of the God-man is not a mother like others. And they will be cut to pieces to testify that Christianity is not a religion like others, since her head is the Son of God, and the Church is His Church.
Pope Ven. Pius XII on Evolution: https://www.vatican.va/content/pius-xii/...neris.html We'll discuss more on that in the other thread but it all goes together. A Great Humanitarian, who saved nearly 1 MN Jewish Lives despite false slanders against his person to the contrary, mostly answered and refuted with the help of our Jewish Friends and Jewish Scholars, a Good Christian Gentleman, and a Just Skeptic of the Extraordinary Claims of Darwinian Evolution that require Extraordinary Evidence to be believed.

Quote:5. If anyone examines the state of affairs outside the Christian fold, he will easily discover the principle trends that not a few learned men are following. Some imprudently and indiscreetly hold that evolution, which has not been fully proved even in the domain of natural sciences, explains the origin of all things, and audaciously support the monistic and pantheistic opinion that the world is in continual evolution. Communists gladly subscribe to this opinion so that, when the souls of men have been deprived of every idea of a personal God, they may the more efficaciously defend and propagate their dialectical materialism ...

36. For these reasons the Teaching Authority of the Church does not forbid that, in conformity with the present state of human sciences and sacred theology, research and discussions, on the part of men experienced in both fields, take place with regard to the doctrine of evolution, in as far as it inquires into the origin of the human body as coming from pre-existent and living matter - for the Catholic faith obliges us to hold that souls are immediately created by God. However, this must be done in such a way that the reasons for both opinions, that is, those favorable and those unfavorable to evolution, be weighed and judged with the necessary seriousness, moderation and measure, and provided that all are prepared to submit to the judgment of the Church, to whom Christ has given the mission of interpreting authentically the Sacred Scriptures and of defending the dogmas of faith.[11] Some however, rashly transgress this liberty of discussion, when they act as if the origin of the human body from pre-existing and living matter were already completely certain and proved by the facts which have been discovered up to now and by reasoning on those facts, and as if there were nothing in the sources of divine revelation which demands the greatest moderation and caution in this question.
Hey coward, when are you going to respond?
(July 29, 2023 at 2:28 am)Nishant Xavier Wrote: People at 30 know better than they did at 15. At 45 than at 30. At 60 then at 45. Generally speaking. That's how things generally work and so it's not surprising some things wrongly believed in the past are rightly believed no longer. However, killing babies through infanticide is regress, not progress. Regress to a pre-Christian Pagan Era, which the Divine Light of Christianity overcame and replaced with Beautiful Orphanages for Love of Precious Children.

So you believe in a progressive revelation then, that what the Catholic church says today may be deemed wrong by the Catholic church at some future date?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(July 29, 2023 at 2:28 am)Nishant Xavier Wrote: People at 30 know better than they did at 15. At 45 than at 30. At 60 then at 45. Generally speaking. That's how things generally work and so it's not surprising some things wrongly believed in the past are rightly believed no longer. However, killing babies through infanticide is regress, not progress. Regress to a pre-Christian Pagan Era, which the Divine Light of Christianity overcame and replaced with Beautiful Orphanages for Love of Precious Children.

Our Christianity is Beautiful. Your Marxist, Sangerite, Baby-Killing Infanticide, and your Kinseyian sexual revolution that leads to baby-killing are all bad, as were those Bad Men and Bad Racists, the Heretic Agnostic Atheist Darwin and the Apostate Complete Atheist Karl Marx, who was also a Vicious Racist. Follow these men if you want in what they taught about God with their Agnosticism and Atheism, but they can but lead you only to Hell. As for us, we will follow the Holy Life and Pure Example of Jesus and Mary, and that will lead us to Heaven.

I love the hypocrisy in this.

When the church did bad things in the past, they were simply mistaken, and have washed away the stain through progress.

Yet when secular intellectuals believe bad things, that is a stain that forever taints and poisons anything they were associated with.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Killing babies and the unborn is not kosher, got it.

Let's discuss that flood.
(July 28, 2023 at 10:48 pm)Nishant Xavier Wrote: Christianity is to be judged on its Two Great Commandments. ........ Love your neighbor as you love yourself,
Do you love Atheists?
Do you love women who have had an abortion?
Do you love doctors who performed an abortion?
Do you love people who have committed the mortal sin of not believing in your god?Do you love

(July 28, 2023 at 11:24 pm)Nishant Xavier Wrote: Christians love our Homosexual and Transsexual Friends, and want them to be Happy in this Life and the Next. We just disagree with some behaviors like men sodomizing other men for e.g. which hardly seems possibly genetic.
You love them so much, that you want to tell them what they are allowed to do in their bedroom.
What are your practices in your own bedroom if i may ask? Do you like to leave the lights on? Candles? Maybe special candles for some soft play? Missionary stuff maybe? More kinky stuff like getting lashed by your partner (much like on the forum here)? Tell us all about it.
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
Just passing through.

To your 4 questions.

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

Later.
Oh, and will take the last as well. I'm not married, btw, I thought I'd made that clear. I considered being a Priest a while, since I loved Sacred Theology so much. I'm still discerning and fairly young. I am happy to be married and have and raise children if that is God's Holy Will for me and I'm also content to remain single or perhaps even still enter the Priesthood if that seems to be God's Will for me, although I don't think I will do that. But I don't know. It's up to God. I will continue to discern and pray and do the duties of my own state of life. In the meanwhile, I'm young, rich, and enjoying everyday life with the Lord.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Little Wine From Corinth: A Short Dialogue by Yours Truly Mudhammam 2 944 April 9, 2017 at 6:53 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 7227 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Christianity has gotten Lazy with the miracles: Spooky 59 14680 December 25, 2014 at 11:19 am
Last Post: Nope
  Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity themonkeyman 12 8632 December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Moderate Christianity - Even More Illogical Than Fundamentalist Christianity? Xavier 22 18601 November 23, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  Pope; gay marriage threat to humanity's future Dee Dee Ramone 34 10423 December 26, 2012 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Lucifer/Satan the Tragic Hero of humanity gorgonopsid 5 7044 November 8, 2011 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: R-e-n-n-a-t