Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2024, 12:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Smoking
RE: Smoking
(November 9, 2023 at 10:43 am)FrustratedFool Wrote:
(November 9, 2023 at 10:41 am)Ravenshire Wrote: If only those good people would keep that shit at home and not at the bar, the office, the public transportation stops, or any of the many, many, outdoor areas designated by law as non-smoking, where they gleefully spew their noxious shit with abandon.

Sorry, but I no longer see any glamour in smoking. All I see is just how big a fucking dumbass I was for 35 years.

It seems perfectly reasonable to allow smoking only in private abodes and designated and licensed venues or areas.

I agree. It seems reasonable. Unfortunately, the addicts don't agree and flout the laws. Vaping on public transportation is becoming an issue where I live. It's clearly defined as illegal, yet the nicotine addicts just don't care.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
I never understood the peer pressure thing, if my friends want to go around stinking, well fine, no reason why I should do it!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(November 9, 2023 at 10:48 am)Ravenshire Wrote: I agree. It seems reasonable. Unfortunately, the addicts don't agree and flout the laws. Vaping on public transportation is becoming an issue where I live. It's clearly defined as illegal, yet the nicotine addicts just don't care.

When I see someone doing the smokestack thing I walk behind them and fart. (When the gas store is available, naturally.)
(November 9, 2023 at 10:51 am)zebo-the-fat Wrote: I never understood the peer pressure thing, if my friends want to go around stinking, well fine, no reason why I should do it!

I have to say, as a smoker I didn't really notice how it made me smell... kind of got accustomed to it so much it didn't register... but only now afterwards do I notice how pungeant it makes people smell, so much so that I'll cross the street to avoid getting the smell anywhere near me.
Smoke, at least stale smoke, absolutely stinks.

After smoking I have to have a full shower, hairwash , change of clothes, and tooth clean.
(November 9, 2023 at 11:16 am)FrustratedFool Wrote: Smoke, at least stale smoke, absolutely stinks.  

After smoking I have to have a full shower, hairwash , change of clothes, and tooth clean.

That's you. Too bad millions of other smokers will not do the same.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(November 9, 2023 at 11:27 am)Ravenshire Wrote:
(November 9, 2023 at 11:16 am)FrustratedFool Wrote: Smoke, at least stale smoke, absolutely stinks.  

That's you. Too bad millions of other smokers will not do the same.

True.
Like the millions who don't wash their hands after using the loo.
Many people suck.

That said, I much prefer the smell of stale smoke on someone than the smell of bad breath, BO, or piss.

You really mustn't smoke that much if you can do that. What about indoors... do you smoke in your house? Cos in my experience that's another smell you can easily get accustomed to, but is very hard to get rid of, even if it's been left airing for days.
(November 9, 2023 at 11:37 am)emjay Wrote:

You really mustn't smoke that much if you can do that. What about indoors... do you smoke in your house? Cos in my experience that's another smell you can easily get accustomed to, but is very hard to get rid of, even if it's been left airing for days.

I barely smoke at all.  Like I said, moderate smoking is possible.  I smoke between 0-10 cigars/cigarellos a year.

I usually smoke outdoors.  I wouldn't want my home to smell of stale smoke either.
(November 9, 2023 at 11:40 am)FrustratedFool Wrote:
(November 9, 2023 at 11:37 am)emjay Wrote: You really mustn't smoke that much if you can do that. What about indoors... do you smoke in your house? Cos in my experience that's another smell you can easily get accustomed to, but is very hard to get rid of, even if it's been left airing for days.

I barely smoke at all.  Like I said, moderate smoking is possible.  I smoke between 0-10 cigars/cigarellos a year.

I usually smoke outdoors.  I wouldn't want my home to smell of stale smoke either.

Tbh I've never really understood so called 'recreational' or 'social' smokers... people who can literally go weeks at a time without it and only do it in certain, limited, situations, like going out to the pub or whatever.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you believe vaping is healthier than smoking? (Tobacco) EgoDeath 50 5771 August 2, 2019 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath