Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 10:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.15 Average
What's everyone up to right now?
RE: What's everyone up to right now?
Got some more writing done.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(June 28, 2024 at 10:21 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(June 28, 2024 at 10:07 pm)brewer Wrote: Well that sucks, on many levels. Cars are replaceable, hope the grand-d is OK.

Back in the day I had a min pin that would occasionally bolt. The more I chased the more she ran. I finally figured out that if she saw me sit down and I acted like I was eating she'd come back.
That's what I told The Bail...the car can be replaced, she can't.  She will be bruised and sore but nothing was broken or bleeding so that's a plus.  I suggested she take some Advil and if she needs more, I have a prescription for a low dose of Flexeril if she needs it.

Harley is so damn fast!!!! Thankfully we live in a quiet neighborhood without much traffic.  I was surprised that my heart didn't go all crazy with the running and the heat so that's a good thing, i guess.  Sheesh, that dog.

You need a mudroom or something to make a buffer zone where you can enter and exit the house without having miss crazy getting out. Many years ago, my wife went out to talk to a friend, and our two brainless Maltese sisters got out. Walking around, sniffing at stuff, and made it across a busy street. I went to get them back home, and they ran back across the street, managing to not be killed by some guy driving his lifted 4wd truck at high speed. The wife was horrified; I could tell by the look on her face. I managed to scoop the little brainless dogs up and put them in the house, but I was pissed enough to ask if them being out in the street being cute was sufficient for letting them get run over. After that I built a gate and fencing that they couldn't escape through...unless that gate got left open.
Happy that your heart survived this episode!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Been volunteered to run a class because, "You're our newest black belt! It'll be fun!"

Those poor, poor, bastards!

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
(June 28, 2024 at 11:00 pm)Fireball Wrote:
(June 28, 2024 at 10:21 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: That's what I told The Bail...the car can be replaced, she can't.  She will be bruised and sore but nothing was broken or bleeding so that's a plus.  I suggested she take some Advil and if she needs more, I have a prescription for a low dose of Flexeril if she needs it.

Harley is so damn fast!!!! Thankfully we live in a quiet neighborhood without much traffic.  I was surprised that my heart didn't go all crazy with the running and the heat so that's a good thing, i guess.  Sheesh, that dog.

You need a mudroom or something to make a buffer zone where you can enter and exit the house without having miss crazy getting out. Many years ago, my wife went out to talk to a friend, and our two brainless Maltese sisters got out. Walking around, sniffing at stuff, and made it across a busy street. I went to get them back home, and they ran back across the street, managing to not be killed by some guy driving his lifted 4wd truck at high speed. The wife was horrified; I could tell by the look on her face. I managed to scoop the little brainless dogs up and put them in the house, but I was pissed enough to ask if them being out in the street being cute was sufficient for letting them get run over. After that I built a gate and fencing that they couldn't escape through...unless that gate got left open.
Happy that your heart survived this episode!

We have a gate near the front door that will block off access to the stairs and the door.  It's gonna be getting a lot more use from now on.  It's my laziness as I am tired of climbing over it when I want to go into my office or to the bathroom.  I also keep it open most of the time so the dogs can hang out with me in my office.  

I was pushing Ziggy back from the door when I opened it a bit, and that's unusual.  He is too much of a couch potato to want to go on a run.  That little shit slipped out the door and turned on turbo mode.  She is about a year and a half now and is still like a toddler who is in much need of ADHD meds.  I see NO sign of her slowing down.

She is so happy and so damn cute...that I don't duct tape her to a wall though I threaten to frequently.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

Thinking about it - the 'happy' in her may really be a big dose of crazy as hell.

Cleaning up in the kitchen. I was worried about cleaning my new tri-ply skillet, but it cleaned up fine. I'm new to stainless steel and it's not a cheap pan. But it came clean fine, with only one spot requiring some Softscrub. When I cooked last night, the pan was flat, but the burner surface wasn't level. So all the oil ended up migrating to one side of the pan. I'll have to add more oil next time.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Oops. I threw out the package with the directions for cooking my Korean noodles. It's either 5 or 10 minutes. I'll try 5 minutes first.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
At Ravinia to see Roger Daltrey and K.T. Tunstall. Surprisingly enough, the two singers have exactly one functioning ear between them.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
The wife and I went to Wally-world to pick up a few things, then we came home and got some yard work in both yards. Our yard waste tote is full already, it gets emptied every Friday, and we refill it every weekend.
We're going to have home made Chile verde with rice and beans for dinner, my wife makes awesome Mexican food.
Wide away at 3 am but I went to sleep about 6. I was just spent and did get several hours of good, sound sleep.

Of course, the weird wake up hour means that today is going to be either a long day or a perfect day for a nap.

In other news, I was putting new toys in Chewy's cage yesterday and removing some old ones and she bit me for the first time in years.

Today I will be re-decorating Zeus' cage - hoping to come out of that unscathed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Are You Wearing Right Now? BrianSoddingBoru4 77 4827 June 10, 2024 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How You're "Feeling" Right Now (img mode) Silver 9 1536 May 19, 2021 at 9:36 am
Last Post: Fireball