Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 18, 2024, 6:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seasonal Sickness
RE: Seasonal Sickness
(July 18, 2024 at 6:46 am)brewer Wrote:
(July 18, 2024 at 1:04 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: When's the last time you changed the filters in your HVAC? If they have a lot of allergens in the filters, those will still be pushed out and perhaps even concentrated.

Replacement filters at HD are a few bucks apiece, and definitely worth a look if you haven't done so already. We change our filters out here in November and May because of the local trees mating schedule.

We change ours once a month. Our dogs create a lot of dander and undercoat particulates.

With the dogs, the cat, and the parrots I change filters every month.  How the four-footed ones aren't naked is a mystery to me and parrots are very dusty.  As they remove the sheaths from new feathers they create a lot of dust.

The new AC has sssssooooo improved my sinus issues as well as lowering the electric bill substantially.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

(July 17, 2024 at 9:22 pm)brewer Wrote:
(July 17, 2024 at 9:14 pm)Foxaèr Wrote: Is there a time of year when your immune system is weakest?

I tend to always get sick during the summer.

When school starts. It's not that my immune system gets weak but I get exposed to more shit. Kids pass it to other kids, then to parents, then to me. Usually it's limited to rhinovirus and I can take the runny nose ok. Don't tolerate the other end getting runny very well.

Looks like it will be three pokes for me this fall, flu, covid, RSV.

Flu and COVID might be a combo shot, soon.

So two pokes?
Disappointing theists since 1968!
Tongue 
Around the start of spring. But I think I may be allergic to pollen so it may be it  Dodgy
(July 19, 2024 at 4:04 pm)A. Secular Human Wrote:
(July 17, 2024 at 9:22 pm)brewer Wrote: When school starts. It's not that my immune system gets weak but I get exposed to more shit. Kids pass it to other kids, then to parents, then to me. Usually it's limited to rhinovirus and I can take the runny nose ok. Don't tolerate the other end getting runny very well.

Looks like it will be three pokes for me this fall, flu, covid, RSV.

Flu and COVID might be a combo shot, soon.

So two pokes?

Stop ruining my masochistic dreams. Arrgghh

I'll probably space them out, don't want to overload and diminish the immune response.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
Three weeks after school starts and three weeks after christmas is when everyone gets sick.