Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 20, 2024, 4:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.15 Average
What's everyone up to right now?
RE: What's everyone up to right now?
Though, as an afterthought, my date really is "the instant I can". Once I get Schrodinger's Cancer sorted out, that day might be the very next day. The last three weeks have given me a lot of time to think about priorities.
(August 1, 2024 at 11:25 am)pocaracas Wrote:
(August 1, 2024 at 10:46 am)arewethereyet Wrote: Not going to the office today like my usual Thursday run for checks and paperwork.  I'm a little concerned about trying to wash the dried blood out of my hair and possibly opening up the cut again.  So Monday I had a scope shoved down my throat. Then I got meds I can't seem to schedule due to the requirements for using them...empty stomach...don't take other meds within a certain amount of time, damn near knocking myself out last night and waking up with a hell of a headache and crunchy hair today.

Husband suggested I get a helmet.

fml

Do wash... you don't want that to get infected.

Gently washed and brushed out.  Held a piece of tissue over the wound for a minute or so and only got a spot of blood that was obviously watered down from hair being damp...BIG improvement over the massacre looking blood flow last night.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

Heading to the pool to assist with some students
(July 30, 2024 at 2:52 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Trying to figure out how to schedule my medications.  The doctor added a new one yesterday that I am supposed to take on an empty stomach four times a day.  I also have another one that I take twice a day, also to be taken on an empty stomach.  Then there are my heart meds and my much loved Prozac.  I have six pills I have to take on an empty stomach and the new one can't be taken within two hours of any other medication.

Essentially, I have to always have an empty stomach while they bitch at me about not gaining weight.

I can't even math out a plan that would work other than to take that new one before I go to bed and as soon as I wake up.  Not sure when to take the other meds and calcium, iron, Vitamin D, and B Complex they want me to take.

This seems like Algebra is involved and I am going to cry.

Vitamins can typically be taken with food.
Disappointing theists since 1968!
(August 1, 2024 at 6:15 pm)Fireball Wrote: ^ I'm reminded that one of my managers asked me when I was going to retire (complete HR no-no, btw) and I told him 65. I was grousing about work one day and my wife said I should get a retirement package and give it to her parent's investment people for analysis. Nothing ventured, etc. Three months later we went in and I was told that I could retire any time. Not an answer I ever expected to hear. I figured I'd be found slumped over my desk. That was April '14. I waited until 5 weeks before my last day and gave notice, as that made it 25 years. My management was agog, side-eye everywhere. I'd've had the last laugh, but the three people they put on the work that I had been doing meant they could  charge the gov more.   Hmph

Did the same in around 2012.  Advisor asked "why you still working?"

Retired after teaching high school Physics and Chemistry for twenty years, in '14 at 58.  Never looked back.

Setting alarms is for amateurs.
Disappointing theists since 1968!
Watching baseball. I tried out my second stainless steel pan. It was "Used - Like New" from Amazon, but the emphasis was definitely on 'like' rather than 'new'. It was discolored and I suspect had been used as there was some pitting, but it cleaned up fine, and for $20 I can't complain. I also bought a stainless steel wok. That's a bit more of an experiment as it may be more difficult preventing food sticking on that. But it was only $25 and so I thought I'd try it. I like the heat retention of tri-ply stainless steel.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Waiting for a Walmart delivery. They changed their delivery windows from one hour to two hours. This is my first order since the change. They were out of my ice cream, so I'm hoping to run to Aldi after they arrive.
Watching baseball and drinking coffee. I'm trying several of Walmart's different blends. Today is classic roast. It's much better than I expected. It's quite good.
Been changing my avatar. Multiple times this morning.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Discussing on Discord.
Schopenhauer Wrote:The intellect has become free, and in this state it does not even know or understand any other interest than that of truth.

Epicurus Wrote:The greatest reward of righteousness is peace of mind.

Epicurus Wrote:Don't fear god,
Don't worry about death;

What is good is easy to get,

What is terrible is easy to endure

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Are You Wearing Right Now? BrianSoddingBoru4 77 4815 June 10, 2024 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How You're "Feeling" Right Now (img mode) Silver 9 1536 May 19, 2021 at 9:36 am
Last Post: Fireball