Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2024, 1:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nevermind
RE:
If you're just going to ridicule me nevermind
RE: Your opinion on my paranormal experience plz
(March 19, 2012 at 8:37 pm)Hunter9035 Wrote: PTSD from what Phil? Although people think my veteran status is grounds for PTSD, I got out before the war, had a blast, loved Korea/ no trauma to report
PTSD is not only war related. War related PTSD is what made the term popular. If you want to divulge your entire personal history your free to do so if you want.
(March 19, 2012 at 8:17 pm)Hunter9035 Wrote: I know you don't believe in God or Satan (atheists) and God did say no one has ever seen Him. GRANTED THAT, I GET IT. But I have been delivered from my demons, the whole nine yards, Pigs In The Parlor, ministries of Derek Prince, 100% authentic if your familiar with the practice, not exorcism, deliverance, not the movie. And I saw, heard, was terrorized by demons in their flesh- I witnessed demonic scratching of someone from an invisible source, secret knowledge revealed, all of the above- a traumatizing but cleansing experience. My experience with their darkness was ironically proof of another realm invisible to us and therefore coincidentally proof of God. No drugs/alcohol/fasting/mind altering substances/psychotropic drugs involved. No mental illness/one time experience closed incident. I know it sounds crazy, but ASSUMING this did happen what is your explanation of such?

That's easy. Mental illness.

Seek professional help.

You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

RE: Nevermind
And any 'mental illness' still does not account for someone ELSE getting scratched from unseen forces.....
"If Christianity is untrue, then no honest man will want to believe it, however helpful it might be; if it is true, every honest man will want to believe it, even if it gives him no help at all."
C. S. Lewis - Essay, Man or Rabbit.
(March 19, 2012 at 8:46 pm)Phil Wrote:
(March 19, 2012 at 8:37 pm)Hunter9035 Wrote: PTSD from what Phil? Although people think my veteran status is grounds for PTSD, I got out before the war, had a blast, loved Korea/ no trauma to report
PTSD is not only war related. War related PTSD is what made the term popular. If you want to divulge your entire personal history your free to do so if you want.

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder can arise from experiencing any extremely stressful and traumatic situation including war, death, sexual and physical abuse, etc...

Diagnostic Criteria From the DSM-IV:

A: Exposure to a traumatic event
This must have involved both (a) loss of "physical integrity", or risk of serious injury or death, to self or others, and (b) a response to the event that involved intense fear, horror, or helplessness (or in children, the response must involve disorganized or agitated behavior).

B: Persistent re-experiencing
One or more of these must be present in the victim: flashback memories, recurring distressing dreams, subjective re-experiencing of the traumatic event(s), or intense negative psychological or physiological response to any objective or subjective reminder of the traumatic event(s).

C: Persistent avoidance and emotional numbing
This involves a sufficient level of:

avoidance of stimuli associated with the trauma, such as certain thoughts or feelings, or talking about the event(s);
avoidance of behaviors, places, or people that might lead to distressing memories;
inability to recall major parts of the trauma(s), or decreased involvement in significant life activities;
decreased capacity (down to complete inability) to feel certain feelings;
an expectation that one's future will be somehow constrained in ways not normal to other people.

D: Persistent symptoms of increased arousal not present before
These are all physiological response issues, such as difficulty falling or staying asleep, or problems with anger, concentration, or hypervigilance.

E: Duration of symptoms for more than 1 month
If all other criteria are present, but 30 days have not elapsed, the individual is diagnosed with Acute stress disorder.

F: Significant impairment
The symptoms reported must lead to "clinically significant distress or impairment" of major domains of life activity, such as social relations, occupational activities, or other "important areas of functioning".[67]

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." -Friedrich Nietzsche

"All thinking men are atheists." -Ernest Hemmingway

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." -Voltaire
And u smart guys should know the DSM-IV recognizes said experiences as religious and not subject to any mental disorder.....
And Phil no I've done the whole mmpi2 sha-bang, no such diagnosis
"If Christianity is untrue, then no honest man will want to believe it, however helpful it might be; if it is true, every honest man will want to believe it, even if it gives him no help at all."
Of course it does. You can hallucinate anything if you are mental enough. Just because you say you were not mentally ill at the time does not mean you weren't. If you were mentally ill, it explains your delusions satisfactorily.

Realistically, you need to see a shrink.
You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

(March 19, 2012 at 8:59 pm)Hunter9035 Wrote: And u smart guys should know the DSM-IV recognizes said experiences as religious and not subject to any mental disorder.....

And it also recognizes a religious preoccupation as a symptom of schizophrenia, what's your point?
And Phil re: Catagory E, this was one time. Not above 30 days
(March 19, 2012 at 8:59 pm)Hunter9035 Wrote: And u smart guys should know the DSM-IV recognizes said experiences as religious and not subject to any mental disorder.....
And Phil no I've done the whole mmpi2 sha-bang, no such diagnosis

A lot of people would argue that religious experiences are mental delusions suffered by mentally ill (and also religious) people.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nevermind Rextos 25 3286 June 15, 2016 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: ignoramus