Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 2, 2024, 5:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
RE: Hello
Paul and Ace, don't you already know that 1+1+1 makes 1? Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Holy Trinity! You're right!
Welcome to AtheistForums. If anything can be inferred from your name, this place will be for you a trial by fire.
Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when
called upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason.
(Oscar Wilde)
(May 7, 2012 at 2:27 pm)JesusLover Wrote: He suffered physical pain. And he didn't really return, he went to heaven but I get your point. The thing is we will all go to heaven after we die.

We all go to this 'heaven' after we die? Is that regardless of belief and actions? Or are there some special criteria, some set of rules to follow before entry is allowed?

The reason I ask is that if we all go there regardless, what incentive is there for me to buy into the pomp and ceremony that goes along with it? Intoning 'magic' words every Sunday (or whatever 'special' day you prefer); basing - or purporting to base - one's morality on a specially-selected decalogue of commandments, half of which have nothing to do with morality, all the while pretending the other six hundred commandments in the book don't exist or mean something else; stunting the scientific education of schoolchildren by insisting that they be taught inconsistent imaginings about invisible and unfalsifiable entities wishing the Universe into existence, invented solely to prop up an increasingly outdated mythology... we all go to this heaven anyway, so it's all simply pointless time filler.

Hello, by the way.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Quote:I love Jesus because I believe he sacrificed himself for the human race and that he loves me and everyone else.

Your "beliefs" are fucking worthless. Produce evidence that your godboy existed and that the absurd claims you make for him are true.
I actually didn't mean to open the flood gates on our new 'Jesus lover' (can't help but grin), I just genuinely want to know how someone can truly love someone that died for them 2000 years ago and only stayed dead for a couple days before spending the next 2000 years in paradise.

I mean, I at least can understand why he worships him, as I once did too, but I'll never understand the love portion.

How can you possibly love a 2000 year old corpse turned paradise exile?

What I think is that you can call it love, but that it isn't really love at all. Undecided
(May 7, 2012 at 2:27 pm)JesusLover Wrote: The thing is we will all go to heaven after we die.

I assume you read the Bible?? Because it disagrees with this concept.

Please see Matthew 13:40-43 NASB
Matthew Wrote:40 So just as the tares are gathered up and burned with fire, so shall it be at the [a]end of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom [b]all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness, 42 and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, [c]let him hear.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Quote:I assume you read the Bible?? Because it disagrees with this concept.

He's a heretic!

Let's do G-C a favor and burn his ass.
Hello and welcome JesusLover.

I don't know what happened in chat, but you've been frank and honest so far. Don't take criticism of your own views as a personal attack thou.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
(May 8, 2012 at 2:29 am)Minimalist Wrote: Let's do G-C a favor and burn his ass.

And his colt. [/Matthew 21:7]
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Hope you stick around for the learning aspect of it. I've learned quite a bit during my brief stay thus far.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 6198 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3732 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates