Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 25, 2024, 8:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50 Simple Proofs, God is Imaginary
RE: 50 Simple Proofs, God is Imaginary
So God humped Eve! Oohhhh I get it now thanks for clearing that up Rhizo lol.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

(September 30, 2009 at 7:56 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: Fr0d0,

It is a habit that I have and allows people to easily see who wrote what. On these forums it is mostly useless but can have a use when quoting multiple people. If I could, I would indent the first line of the paragraph too. So, name to who I am speaking at the top, indent first line, and sign my work are all deeply ingrained in me. Ok, you know what bugs me? Chatpilot doesn't put a space after his periods! Two spaces after is retarded to me too but at least it doesn't actively bug me like zero spaces.

hee hee,
Rhizo

Haha, well, I usually like to dot my sentences with commas, and each of my sentences end with 2 spaces after the period. Just a habit, but 0 spaces, yes, very annoying to think of.

I don't sign at all, except this one time.
- RDW
--- RDW, 17
"Extraordinary claims, require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
"I don't believe in [any] god[s]. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason." - Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut
[Image: truthyellow.jpg]
(October 1, 2009 at 4:16 pm)solarwave Wrote: Free will can still be found in doing Gods will. Isn't a huge act of free will to give it up for another? Its my free choice to follow God. Also if Christ died for me then is giving up a bit of my free will such a terrible thing compared.

I'm having an exchange with fr0d0 about this in the "Evidence!" thread coincidentally, and that (not the exchange but the idea of "free will" with regards to god) is something I find odd.

You think you have free will to do gods will but that is because you are doing something that he wants you to do so it "works out nicely", so to speak. However, if god does indeed give us free will, I should have the right to choose not to do his will if I so desire. If he condemns me for not doing his will then that is not free will.
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
(October 3, 2009 at 1:51 am)Retorth Wrote:
(October 1, 2009 at 4:16 pm)solarwave Wrote: Free will can still be found in doing Gods will. Isn't a huge act of free will to give it up for another? Its my free choice to follow God. Also if Christ died for me then is giving up a bit of my free will such a terrible thing compared.

I'm having an exchange with fr0d0 about this in the "Evidence!" thread coincidentally, and that (not the exchange but the idea of "free will" with regards to god) is something I find odd.

You think you have free will to do gods will but that is because you are doing something that he wants you to do so it "works out nicely", so to speak. However, if god does indeed give us free will, I should have the right to choose not to do his will if I so desire. If he condemns me for not doing his will then that is not free will.

And of course nothing pisses god off more than us knowing things, we got kicked out of his garden for that.
If we are not allowed knowledge how can we make a considered desicion?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(October 3, 2009 at 8:35 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: And of course nothing pisses god off more than us knowing things, we got kicked out of his garden for that.

Indeed. And all Adam and Eve wanted were some nice clothes. =\
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
(October 3, 2009 at 9:58 am)Retorth Wrote:
(October 3, 2009 at 8:35 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: And of course nothing pisses god off more than us knowing things, we got kicked out of his garden for that.

Haha true. Since god knows everything though, and everything to come for eternity, then he shouldn't get mad at anything we do, right? If he has a plan for everyone, then he knew all of these religions would come to be as well as atheism.
--- RDW, 17
"Extraordinary claims, require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
"I don't believe in [any] god[s]. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason." - Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut
[Image: truthyellow.jpg]
(October 3, 2009 at 11:42 am)littlegrimlin1 Wrote:
(October 3, 2009 at 9:58 am)Retorth Wrote:

Haha true. Since god knows everything though, and everything to come for eternity, then he shouldn't get mad at anything we do, right? If he has a plan for everyone, then he knew all of these religions would come to be as well as atheism.

It is strange that he, of all people, could be "caught by surprise" Tongue And we have people claiming to be psychics in today's society. How ironic!
Retorth I have had this discussion on several occasions on different threads throughout this website. The idea of free will being God given is in question when that free will only applies to doing His will. Anything else is sinful and since it is not by works but rather by faith in Christ that we are supposedly saved, you can be the nicest person on earth and still be condemned to hell by simply denying the existence of god or refusing to submit your will to him.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

(October 3, 2009 at 12:28 pm)chatpilot Wrote: Retorth I have had this discussion on several occasions on different threads throughout this website. The idea of free will being God given is in question when that free will only applies to doing His will. Anything else is sinful and since it is not by works but rather by faith in Christ that we are supposedly saved, you can be the nicest person on earth and still be condemned to hell by simply denying the existence of god or refusing to submit your will to him.

It really is a damn shame init...
(October 3, 2009 at 1:51 am)Retorth Wrote: And of course nothing pisses god off more than us knowing things, we got kicked out of his garden for that.
If we are not allowed knowledge how can we make a considered desicion?

You're taking it both ways there.
1. God doesn't like that we know things.
2. We don't know things because God doesn't allow us to.

Which is it?

God kicked Adam and Eve out of the garden because they had knowledge of good and evil. Not because he stopped them having that knowledge.

They suddenly couldn't look at each others naked bodies and stop themselves thinking it was bad so they demanded clothes.

Believing in God is ultimately going back into the garden.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The absurd need for logical proofs for God R00tKiT 225 15428 December 31, 2020 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Religion: Simple Lies for Simple People Minimalist 3 551 September 16, 2018 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  A simple question for theists masterofpuppets 86 21879 April 10, 2017 at 11:12 am
Last Post: emjay
  A simple God question if I may. ignoramus 28 5786 February 17, 2017 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Lek
  ★★ We are all atheists/atheistic to ALL Gods (says simple science) ProgrammingGodJordan 80 13407 January 13, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: ProgrammingGodJordan
  I was wrong about the simple choice. Mystic 42 5358 January 3, 2017 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  It's a simple choice: Mystic 72 7051 December 31, 2016 at 3:12 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  How to become a God, in 3 simple steps (absent faith/belief): ProgrammingGodJordan 91 15520 November 28, 2016 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: ProgrammingGodJordan
  Simple facts don't lie JBrentonK 78 14651 December 29, 2015 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  A simple challenge for atheists bob96 775 119133 February 20, 2015 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: goodwithoutgod