Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2024, 6:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ecstasy
Ecstasy
If, hypothetically speaking Wink someone were to... say, use some on a night out, would it be worth it? In terms of enjoyment, risk, health etc.

Discuss class.

*edit* also, if hypothetically speaking you were to mix MDMA with large quantities of alcohol, is that a good idea?

*edit 2* "Drugs are bad moral fags" can gtfo.
RE: Ecstasy
I can only go with the enjoy part... I haven't died when I have taken MDMA, so I don't really know what the risk is. Tongue

Anyway, I enjoyed it... I think... I don't remember much from the times I have taken it, but that is just like other nights out where I have been solely on alcohol. Tongue
I just remember a lovely warm and fuzzy feeling.
Cunt
I guess the thing I'd be most worried about is will it change how I act much (if I were to take it, like ofcourse I wouldn't sheesh). For instance alcohol already makes me get loud and outgoing, even though when sober I'm not really. Is it like a rush? Is it subtle?
Well, ecstasy gives you a high by dumping your reserve of serotonin into your brain, so someone such as myself that has low serotonin never really got anything out of it. It was always a waste of money for me, except for the time I combined it with opiates.

One thing to keep in mind(if this hypothetical person became inclined to consume it) is to drink lots of water, because dehydration is a big concern.

The biggest risk you take with ecstasy is that it is made on the street and most of the time it is cut with other drugs or even toxic things you would never consider ingesting. There's actually an organization that goes around to raves and does testing on people's pills to inform the person of exactly what they are taking.

Also, since the drug empties the serotonin reserves, there are many people that experience moderate to severe depression for next couple of days. I've met people that it was bad enough that they won't take the drug anymore.

Bottom line, and this is simply my opinion, you are better off to save your money. I have, however, met lots of people that absolutely love it.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
It was worth it for me and there is alot of fearmongering arround it, since it isnt as dangerous as alot of people believe.
There is a place online that provides test kits and information
http://www.dancesafe.org/

FNM gave you some good advice.

I've heard that taking a xanax afterwards makes you feel better.

My only experience with the stuff was some orange star shaped pill that just made me feel a bit blunted. So, since I wasn't feeling much from said pill, I bonged up like a motherfucker.
I'm on the talk to frank website atm.

Seems pretty informative. Certainly learned a few things, cheers for helping me with my research project guys Big Grin
Well if you are really concerned with your brain and it's future scientifically it is always safer to not use drugs. That is across the board.

If you are concerned about having a good time in the short term, it's great. The hangover is fairly gnarly though. I wouldn't bother with the alcohol, it dilutes the pure high.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
It is a shit load of fun. I never had the downer afterwards, but I've seen people have it. It apparently sucks. Do it when you have a few days to recover and relax. I liked doing it in the summer so I could be in the woods playing. It's way cooler that way. My friend and I painted beach balls with glow in the dark paint and then just tossed them to each other on the side of a lake one night while I was tripping balls on E. It was fucking awesome.
I can't help but think that situation would be better on mushrooms, but I might be biased because I've never had real ecstacy, and love mushrooms.