Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 10:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi!
RE: Hi!
(March 22, 2013 at 9:32 am)Joel Wrote:
(March 22, 2013 at 9:28 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Hi Joel

Much better than your handle/ site name

Angel How about now?

Much nicer. Again Hello, take a seat and enjoy the forums Smile
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
How's it hangin?
Welcome aboard!

Treat us with respect, and the favor will be returned. Way too many Christians come here claiming to know why we are atheists without asking us first.

Be ready to support your claims with demonstrable evidence, reasoned argument and valid logic. Defending your beliefs with appeals to emotional or faith won't cut it.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
Welcome

I advise you to not take things personal and to follow up on opposing arguments.
"Lighthouses are more helpful then churches."
Benjamin Franklin
(March 4, 2013 at 12:47 am)Aractus Wrote: Don't be afraid. I knock around the claims of some of the atheists here and they don't seem to like it! Big Grin

HA!

Bro you couldn't knock a door.

Welcome Joel.
Welcome to the place where you will sharpen your understanding of the faith.
Thanks! Smile
I'll try not to take things personally- 'pologies if I have, and you didn't mean it.
I'm kinda busy and don't have much time for these forums, so if you respond to this post, don't expect me to reply immediately- but I will try to get back to you sometime.
(March 22, 2013 at 1:14 pm)Napoléon Wrote: HA!

Bro you couldn't knock a door.
Do you even lift?
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
(March 23, 2013 at 6:31 am)Aractus Wrote: Do you even lift?

Daily.
Wow the theists ARE stooping low now adays.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5