Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 12:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proving God Existence
RE: Proving God Existence
(May 19, 2013 at 4:31 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote:
(May 19, 2013 at 4:26 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: I think you have that backwards.

I have no deep seated longing to believe there is no god.
God just seems a remarkably silly idea and the evidence seems to back that up.
Quote:What evidences?

The lack of any requirement to invoke the supernatural for anything at all suggests that the supernatural is a fiction.

So for my evidence I shall point you in the direction of science and the scientific method.

Allah did not create anything, science can explain most of it and is working on the rest.

Allah does not reign over an afterlife as there is no evidence for an afterlife, when you die all the evidence says that that is it.

Archaeology does not agree with much of the old testament which was plagerised by your lot was it not.

Anyhoo show me evidence for god.

Quote:Theists are the ones that have a lot invested in their beliefs I do not, the only outward display of my atheism is that I come here.
Why don't you try to refute my proof???

Fuck me.....will you stop going on about your vapid "proof" which has been throughly refuted ad infinitum. I wont go into it with you as better minds than mine have already trashed it.

What I will say is that you can use the same flawed "logic" you used to justify anything at all.

All you have to do is present a premiss and work out how to make it so it is the only seemingly logical choice.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(May 19, 2013 at 4:31 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote:
(May 19, 2013 at 4:26 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: I think you have that backwards.

I have no deep seated longing to believe there is no god.
God just seems a remarkably silly idea and the evidence seems to back that up.
What evidences?

Quote:Theists are the ones that have a lot invested in their beliefs I do not, the only outward display of my atheism is that I come here.
Why don't you try to refute my proof???

Your proof has been refuted. You are just so blind by your faith in the bronze age thinking, that you cannot see the flaws.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
I have refuted your proof. Others have refuted it, before and after me. Half of the Allah-damned forum has had a turn bending your proof backwards and poking it so full of holes that even Michelle Duggar clenches her loins shut with tears in her eyes at the thought of it. Get the fuck out of here with your amateur-hour cocksuckery. You built the mosque and we done brought the bacon up in that bitch.
(May 19, 2013 at 8:17 am)Ryantology Wrote: I have refuted your proof. Others have refuted it, before and after me. Half of the Allah-damned forum has had a turn bending your proof backwards and poking it so full of holes that even Michelle Duggar clenches her loins shut with tears in her eyes at the thought of it. Get the fuck out of here with your amateur-hour cocksuckery. You built the mosque and we done brought the bacon up in that bitch.
You didn't refute anything, you're just piggybacking on other people's posts so if there's anyone who should shut the fuck up and get the fuck out it's you tough guy.
Is that supposed to be irony?
(May 18, 2013 at 4:22 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: I just proved that the universe had a creator, and he is
Unique (nothing similar to him/it)
One
External to the universe
Beyond time
Has no Image

In other words, you "proved" that the universe was created by a being that we cannot possibly detect.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(May 19, 2013 at 9:07 am)Tonus Wrote:
(May 18, 2013 at 4:22 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: I just proved that the universe had a creator, and he is
Unique (nothing similar to him/it)
One
External to the universe
Beyond time
Has no Image

In other words, you "proved" that the universe was created by a being that we cannot possibly detect.
ً
If you mean by detect physically see/touch him, yes we cannot detect him
but we already proved his existence and we can see his actions

Can you detect gravity? however you can see its effect.
(May 20, 2013 at 1:49 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: Can you detect gravity? however you can see its effect.

When we discover what causes the effects of gravity, and are therefore able to detect it, what will you say then?
(May 20, 2013 at 1:49 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: If you mean by detect physically see/touch him, yes we cannot detect him
but we already proved his existence and we can see his actions

!!!

Have you?! Have you fucking really?!

Where was that? Or are you just missing the scores of rebuttals swarming all over this thread?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(May 20, 2013 at 1:49 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: Can you detect gravity? however you can see its effect.
It's one thing to say you cannot give a reason why gravity exists and a completely different thing to say that because we can't explain it it means there must be a God. The one doesn't follow from the other at all.
"Men see clearly enough the barbarity of all ages — except their own!" — Ernest Crosby.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proving the Existence of a First Cause Muhammad Rizvi 3 824 June 23, 2023 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The existence of God smithd 314 22837 November 23, 2022 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Proving What We Already "Know" bennyboy 171 18256 July 30, 2022 at 1:40 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Veridican Argument for the Existence of God The Veridican 14 1938 January 16, 2022 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: brewer
  A 'proof' of God's existence - free will mrj 54 6834 August 9, 2020 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Sal
  Best arguments for or against God's existence mcc1789 22 3122 May 22, 2019 at 9:16 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Argument Against God's Existence From God's Imperfect Choice Edwardo Piet 53 8511 June 4, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Objective Moral Values Argument AGAINST The Existence Of God Edwardo Piet 58 14380 May 2, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Berkeley's argument for the existence of God FlatAssembler 130 14662 April 1, 2018 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Arguments for God's Existence from Contingency datc 386 44362 December 1, 2017 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: Whateverist