Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 2:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Chicagoland
Hello from Chicagoland
Just discovered this community and I must say it's looks intriguing. Smile

I'll just be open now - I'm a gay atheist/agnostic (mostly the former but I hate to say anything for certain) in my junior year of high school living in Northern Indiana - one of the worst, ugliest, most boring regions in the US - with a passion for art, nature, and human rights. I'm a member of several other small forums though none of which anyone here would likely know and I hope to be active here; I've already pulled up a signature and avatar (I always like to look stylish on the forums Tongue ).

Anyway, that is about all. I would love to meet and get to know some people in my general area, or anywhere else. I love meeting new people.
[Image: 0f5x.png]
RE: Hello from Chicagoland
Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Thank you kindly. That was certainly fast. This is quite a large community.
Yeah, it certainly is Big Grin

I have to say, that one cute birdie in your avatar and signature. Are you a bird enthusiast?
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome! I hail from anthracite coal country in PA...I reckon my dreary beats your boring.

Enjoy the site!
Oh, I doubt that, really. We're very, very boring. Cornfields, pollution, and white trash. :/

EDIT: I'm an animal enthusiast, not specifically birds. Smile
Welcome!

PS atheism and agnosticism aren't mutually exclusive. Agnosticism has to do with knowledge, and atheism has to do with belief, so you can be an agnostic atheist Smile
Welcome! I'm rather new myself.
[Image: CheerUp_zps63df8a6b.jpg]
Thanks to Cinjin for making it more 'sig space' friendly.
Welcome young sir.

You already seem like a breath of fresh air. We've had a recent influx of crazy theists so of course you are a welcomed return to intelligence.

Angel
[Image: Evolution.png]

Haha, thanks. Happy to find such a forum, I've been searching for a new place to call "home" for a while.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 6538 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3871 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates