Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 22, 2024, 11:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.15 Average
What's everyone up to right now?
RE: What's everyone up to right now?
Miller time will have to wait. I've joined the board of one of my gardening groups and we have our final bimonthly meeting of the year tonight. I've got to preside once more and then I can hand the gavel off to someone else. I absolutely hate leadership positions but I like the group and wanted to contribute. I don't mind presiding at the general meetings but hate all the formal rigmarole of seconding and what not.

We have a paid speaker every month except December along with a plant raffle, announcements and a show and tell. Occasionally someone will organize garden tours but mostly that has fallen by the wayside. (I get all I want of that with my other group, the Hortisexuals, or else that is what I'd work on for this group.)

I can't help but feel this sort of group with membership meetings monthly is on its way out. We have almost no online presence. We're always wondering how to bring in a younger generation but I suspect they would want a different format. I only wish I knew what that might be.

Oh well, meeting time.
I can't believe this thread was pushed back all they way to page 3 by the other less awesome threads.

Going to sleep right now (4:30AM), only to wake up at 6AM. Let's see how that goes.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
Re: What's everyone up to right now?
I'm on he sofa eating ice cream under my electric blanket.

I had a blood test yesterday and it's all bruised and painful because the phlebotomists at the hospital are the worst ever at drawing blood without somehow making it hurt for a fucking week, and the nice phlebotomist lady at my local Medical Centre who inflicts 0 pain and minimal bruising is on holiday. So I'm feeling all sorry for myself today. Lol
Biscuits and Morningstar sausage patties.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Goddamn I'm bored. I don't usually post so much online but today my work load has literally stopped and whilst normally I'd get on with some reading for my research I didn't bring any stuff with me today. So just surfing the web.

*Yawn*
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(November 26, 2013 at 9:03 am)NoraBrimstone Wrote: I had a blood test yesterday and it's all bruised and painful because the phlebotomists at the hospital are the worst ever at drawing blood without somehow making it hurt for a fucking week, and the nice phlebotomist lady at my local Medical Centre who inflicts 0 pain and minimal bruising is on holiday. So I'm feeling all sorry for myself today. Lol

Oh, I hate it when that happens. I've had that myself on and off, but my Sam had to spend more than her fair share of time in hospital because of her condition (plus IVF visits to the clinic and whatnot). She would sometimes end up bruised because of some butcher with a needle and shit aim.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(November 26, 2013 at 10:05 am)Stimbo Wrote:
(November 26, 2013 at 9:03 am)NoraBrimstone Wrote: I had a blood test yesterday and it's all bruised and painful because the phlebotomists at the hospital are the worst ever at drawing blood without somehow making it hurt for a fucking week, and the nice phlebotomist lady at my local Medical Centre who inflicts 0 pain and minimal bruising is on holiday. So I'm feeling all sorry for myself today. Lol

Oh, I hate it when that happens. I've had that myself on and off, but my Sam had to spend more than her fair share of time in hospital because of her condition (plus IVF visits to the clinic and whatnot). She would sometimes end up bruised because of some butcher with a needle and shit aim.

I have bloods taken every 6 months for my diabetes. Sucks really, but the nurse who takes them is so quick she's in and out before I even notice (giggidy).

Still don't like them though. It's not nice to see others you know and love having them taken either, especially when you know why (such as my father's cancer). No doubt the emotions I have felt on this recently are similar to yours in this regards. It's sad.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

Drinking a cup of freshly ground, Christmas blend coffee, and enjoying feeling rested after sleep for probably the first time this year. My doctor prescribed 8-16 mg of perphenazine for sleep. I had been taking 8, but I took 16 last night. I'll have to experiment more.

(ETA: I just realized that if I anchor the right side of my tv wall mount to the right-hand stud, it will be close to what I want. The studs are 24" on center, and the wall mount is 18-20" wide.)

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Chicken flavored rice with Sriracha, fish sauce, and pick-a-peppa sauce. And a big glass of extra-pulpy orange juice.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 26, 2013 at 12:00 pm)apophenia Wrote: And a big glass of extra-pulpy orange juice.

I love pulpy orange juice. Sadly I never buy it because nobody else does.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Are You Wearing Right Now? BrianSoddingBoru4 77 4830 June 10, 2024 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How You're "Feeling" Right Now (img mode) Silver 9 1536 May 19, 2021 at 9:36 am
Last Post: Fireball