Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 12:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The redneck strike again.
RE: The redneck strike again.
(February 26, 2014 at 11:32 am)KUSA Wrote: The word redneck is racist.

Not really...

The Native People don't mind being called red.
(March 7, 2014 at 10:24 am)enrico Wrote: I have read far too many references and all of them indicate that the human digestive system is a lot longer than meat eater creature as they need to process the meat very fast as the meat rot very quickly.

Okay, I've found an actual link that refers to an actual book that might support you. I don't know if you've referenced it before:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...919AAAmEAu

But all this comparative biology, while interesting, falls by the wayside when you realize that PEOPLE EAT MEAT AND THEY LIKE IT. Whatever else is in our biological makeup, or our evolution, is irrelevant, because "_______-vore" is not a label about what a skeleton or a mouth structures makes enrico think the animal SHOULD eat. It's a label about what an animal DOES eat.

If 95% of rabbits ate meat of their own accord, then they'd be omnivores, too.

-edit-
Wait a goddamned minute. How did this thread, about rednecks, become yet another thread about vegetarianism?
The redneck strike again.
(March 3, 2014 at 9:21 am)enrico Wrote:
(March 1, 2014 at 9:54 am)whateverist Wrote: Enrico I've put together a little poll in the Christian sub-forum to find out how people think of God/gods. It would be interesting for me to know if any of my five categories fit what you have in mind. I'm guessing you would say God is something one discovers when they study the intuitional sciences (are there more than one?), but that is more about how to discover God than what He is. What do you think God is?

In the past i already said what i think about God and i said it only when someone ask me.
Considering the low understanding about God in this forum there is no point in elaborating too much however if you ask me i am quite glad to reply.
First of all i will reply here and not in your sub-forum and the reason is that i try to post only in one thread or two as the time is not there to get engaged in so many thread and also i regard the quality more then the quantity.
My average posts is less then two a day while some people write 20 post a day.
I can not see the point in writing so much when most of it is simple garbage.

One thing that an atheist will never understand is that God is within and not external so the evidence can only come from within.
Of course the universe is a God creation so it is also part of God but being a metamorphosis of his pure spirit into something crude ( matter, water, light and heat, air and space ) is not the way to understand him.
To understand him you don't have to go very far as he is within.
Being within is also you and to understand this reality you need intuitional practices.
But intuitional practices are not the only way to realize who you really are.
Sarkar said that the greatest way to realize who you are and become one with the whole (God) is to dedicate yourself for the welfare of other but this is not so easily done considering the difficulties of surviving the daily life.
The yoga symbol or pratik give an idea what you got to do to being victorious in your search for human emancipation.

[Image: pratik-south-india-ashram-cc-premasagar-200.jpg]

The pratik symbol consists of the following elements:

upward-pointing triangle representing one's external actions (social service)
downward-pointing triangle symbolizing one's internal work (meditation, self-realization)
rising sun symbolizing spiritual progress through the balance of external and internal efforts
swastika representing fulfillment or one's ultimate spiritual goal

So to answer your question i will say.......God is you. :angel-cloud:

There's no practical difference between an omnipresent deity and a construct that exists only in the minds of believers.

What have some called that before?

Oh yeah. A God Delusion.
I don't smoke and rarely eat meat but thanks to the incredible logic made by the thread starter I'm going to start smoking right away and eat as much meat as I can handle. Good job!
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(February 27, 2014 at 4:32 am)enrico Wrote:

If you are not irrational then why you agree with someone who say that meat eating is ok when the evidence show that among the other things it cause climate changes? Thinking

Thank goodness for all of those meat-eating dinosaurs or we would have never existed.
Highly recommend, http://www.perfecthumandiet.us/

Don't be a retard, chew your cud, eat your poop, or eat meat. Or genetically engineer alternatives.
(March 7, 2014 at 6:42 pm)bennyboy Wrote: Wait a goddamned minute. How did this thread, about rednecks, become yet another thread about vegetarianism?

There is one thing different from the other post about vegetarianism and that is that people eating meat are not in a position to judge whether meat is good or bad for human so as far as that issue is not dealt in that thread i saw the need to deal with that issue.
I already point out that it would be like asking a smoker a drinker or anyone addicted to something bad to judge about their habits.
You ask a thief whether is good to steal.
What you expect to hear other then there is some good reason for doing so?
Only someone not eating meat is able to judge for the simple reason that he-she is free from the addiction therefore his-her physical-mental-spiritual feeling will tell him-her how good or bad it is.
Capish? ThinkingWink ShadesThinking
Still waiting on that explanation of how addiction to meat is the same as addiction to drugs.....
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(March 9, 2014 at 7:00 am)Bad Wolf Wrote: Still waiting on that explanation of how addiction to meat is the same as addiction to drugs.....

Meat is cooked for consumption.

Drugs are cooked for consumption.

Boom.
[Image: atheist_zpsbed2d91b.png]
Wow! That was a lot simpler than I thought it would be. But alas, I want an explanation from enrico. I want him to explain how he thinks addiction works.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech