Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 3, 2024, 4:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Repent you fools. Jesus is light! I will pray for you.
Repent you fools. Jesus is light! I will pray for you.
Hehe, hopefully that got you to click. The thread subject is one i personally love and hate, because the moment you see or hear it, you can bet the farm that you'll be debating with a person with an intractable position. You might as well be throwing Styrofoam at a brick wall, hoping to bring the brick wall down.

Anyway, just felt like introducing myself. I'm currently living in Queens NY, but will soon move to North Carolina (hopefully not the bible-thumping part of it). I've read somewhere on here that this is mainly a British site (?), with someone else commenting that it's actually "international. That cosmopolitan feel appeals to me. I also speak Czech and some Russian and have lived for a long time in Maine and Maryland. I also like long walks on the beach and romantic dinners at sunset..... wait, wrong forum. Scratch that last part.

~Spurt
The cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself - Carl Sagan
RE: Repent you fools. Jesus is light! I will pray for you.
Quote:(hopefully not the bible-thumping part of it)

There is no other part of it.

Howdy. Don't lose our url. You'll need it down there.
Hi and welcome. If you click on usermap, you can see where several of our members are located.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Eggspurt Wrote:I also like long walks on the beach and romantic dinners at sunset.....

^ I loled Big Grin

Welcome, Eggspurt Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
How do you do that with your head!?
@minimalist:
I'm moving to Cary, NC a place surprisingly cosmopolitan compared to the rest of the state (from what i heard). There are growing IT and Pharma industries there, top notch schools and hospitals, and a huge influx of foreigners and new england expats (myself included). But nonetheless I was surprised at the disproportionately large number of churches just within a 15 minute radius of my new place. And really big ones, too. Big churches scare me.

@leo-rcc:
Thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out.

@fr0d0:
What do you mean? Are you making fun of my hydrocephali? That's really not nice.
The cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself - Carl Sagan
And all that caused by that lens you're holding in front of your face! That's rough dude!
welcome and I'm afaid I'll have to agree with min :S (piks do fly) and say you'll definately need some support down there. I'm in VA about to go to GA myself.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
@ Frodo..How do you do that with yours?
Hi Eggspurt. Big Grin
''Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.'' Robert Oppenheimer
Quote:Big churches scare me.

When I was in Italy some years ago I saw many very big churches and most of them were damn near empty.

I found that curiously satisfying!

Big Grin