Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 3:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is evolution hiding?
RE: Why is evolution hiding?
(April 3, 2014 at 12:35 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote: I have however entertained that there may be no God. My personally experience tells me differently, but I know that personal experience and testimonials have no weight in a discussion. They do apply to me however and influence my beliefs. Rightfully so.

If you prayed to God and had a miraculous transformation and repeatedly the help that you needed was given to you (imperfect as it may have been), it might influence your outlook. At the same time, it carries no water for anyone but yourself, especially in a debate. So painfully, I must leave out my personal relationship with my higher power. At least the vast majority of it.

OK you're just out of a Mental Health ward, you're on on some serious psychoactive medication with obvious side effects (manic behavior -which you may wish to bring up next time you see your psychiatrist) how much do you trust your 'personal experiences' on a 1-10 scale?
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
(April 3, 2014 at 5:25 pm)Mr Greene Wrote:
(April 3, 2014 at 12:35 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote: I have however entertained that there may be no God. My personally experience tells me differently, but I know that personal experience and testimonials have no weight in a discussion. They do apply to me however and influence my beliefs. Rightfully so.

If you prayed to God and had a miraculous transformation and repeatedly the help that you needed was given to you (imperfect as it may have been), it might influence your outlook. At the same time, it carries no water for anyone but yourself, especially in a debate. So painfully, I must leave out my personal relationship with my higher power. At least the vast majority of it.

OK you're just out of a Mental Health ward, you're on on some serious psychoactive medication with obvious side effects (manic behavior -which you may wish to bring up next time you see your psychiatrist) how much do you trust your 'personal experiences' on a 1-10 scale?

ROFLOL

My mental health improved a lot after I began to develop morality and the belief in providence, destiny, and Jewish horsewhipping Dead Horse
(April 3, 2014 at 7:00 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote:
(April 3, 2014 at 5:25 pm)Mr Greene Wrote: OK you're just out of a Mental Health ward, you're on on some serious psychoactive medication with obvious side effects (manic behavior -which you may wish to bring up next time you see your psychiatrist) how much do you trust your 'personal experiences' on a 1-10 scale?

ROFLOL

My mental health improved a lot after I began to develop morality and the belief in providence, destiny, and Jewish horsewhipping Dead Horse
So false beliefs are good for you. That's fine with me.
I have a question that on a scale of 1-10 would be 9.5 (1 being least annoying 10 being most annoying) Wink

If the universe with all it's greatness and expanse, knowing full well that from one end of the universe to the other end, billions upon billions of light years of travel, where did all that room for the universe come from?
^^^^^ dark matter.
(April 4, 2014 at 8:24 pm)KUSA Wrote: ^^^^^ dark matter.

My God is the energy that brought about the big bang that made light out of dark matter.
TC, your avatar is like a mood ring. When it is a normal picture, your posts are coherent. When it is dark and twisted, so are you. I like it.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(April 4, 2014 at 8:39 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: TC, your avatar is like a mood ring. When it is a normal picture, your posts are coherent. When it is dark and twisted, so are you. I like it.

I knew you'd be the first to catch on Wink Shades
(April 4, 2014 at 8:27 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote:
(April 4, 2014 at 8:24 pm)KUSA Wrote: ^^^^^ dark matter.

My God is the energy that brought about the big bang that made light out of dark matter.

First you say it's love now it's dark energy. Make up your mind.
love traces it's roots back to the energy behind the big bang!

I didn't come up with God is love. That was simply a quote from Scripture.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is God hiding? or are our eyes too inferior? WinterHold 49 6396 February 10, 2023 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Objectivist
  Why is god hiding? tor 146 17563 March 28, 2014 at 4:32 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  Why, why, why? Little Rik 39 12373 June 14, 2013 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Little Rik