Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 9:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The redneck strike again.
RE: The redneck strike again.
We also have automated cars that drive themselves. No need for a driver. Come to think of it, that reminds me of enrico. A car without a driver.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(April 17, 2014 at 12:20 pm)Bad Wolf Wrote: Can you point to an example of a mind without a brain?

Yep - Ricky.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I think he is an example of a brain without a mind.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
Sometimes, I'm in a room full of people, and I don't know which one is the dumbass. This worries me. Enrico's okay with it, apparently. Tongue
Enrico.

A thought occurs. Your thoughts on reincarnation mat not be entirely without empirical scientific merit. Nikola tesla's work on inversion fields in high voltage induction coils don't appear to be relevant HOWEVER if you consider it in line with Einstein s special relativity...

If time is relative and a body traveling at close to lightspeed dilates time so that it experiences what to us would be more time in less time (so one minute would cover 10,000 of our years) that minute would parallel 10,000 years). Now if a "soul" were to be considered as the sort of energy we find in high voltage induction coil, it technically travels at a quantum of velocity under lightspeed. That would make it technically eternal (in the truest "outside time" sense) and we would perceive it only through a series of staggered "footprints" or incarnations.

Just a thought. Is that akin to what you propose?
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
(April 17, 2014 at 12:54 pm)rasetsu Wrote: We also have automated cars that drive themselves. No need for a driver. Come to think of it, that reminds me of enrico. A car without a driver.

We also have drivers locked inside vehicles called BODIES.
These all in one are called human beings.
There are billion of them.
Never seen one? Confused FallSmileConfused Fall
I think this is one of the few times I've been glad that I don't own a car.

Smile
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(April 18, 2014 at 4:07 am)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: Enrico. A thought occurs. Your thoughts on reincarnation mat not be entirely without empirical scientific merit. Nikola tesla's work on inversion fields in high voltage induction coils don't appear to be relevant HOWEVER if you consider it in line with Einstein s special relativity...

If time is relative and a body traveling at close to lightspeed dilates time so that it experiences what to us would be more time in less time (so one minute would cover 10,000 of our years) that minute would parallel 10,000 years). Now if a "soul" were to be considered as the sort of energy we find in high voltage induction coil, it technically travels at a quantum of velocity under lightspeed. That would make it technically eternal (in the truest "outside time" sense) and we would perceive it only through a series of staggered "footprints" or incarnations.
Just a thought. Is that akin to what you propose?

Thanks for your thought Jako.
This is very tricky thought.
The time exist in the reality?
Not at all.
You got to consider what the reality is.
Is the reality this created universe or the creator?
If of course you don't believe in a creator there is no point in going any further but you if do believe then you understand that the reality is the creator and the creation is the creator dream.
So in the creation the time exist but exist for the creation not for the creator.
And if you believe this you can also understand that as the creator dream
go slow or fast also the effect on human change.
When you do meditation you breath in and out trying to slow down as much as possible your breath.
In this way you go back to the creator reality which is timeless.
And this is the real reality. Angel Cloud

(April 18, 2014 at 9:16 am)rasetsu Wrote: I think this is one of the few times I've been glad that I don't own a car.

Smile

What about your body?
Don't you own that? Smile
I wan't ask you whether that is for sale or not.
It would be a bit embarrassing. Confused FallSmileConfused Fall

(April 16, 2014 at 7:23 pm)Stimbo Wrote: ......he's just angling for the slap he would get if he said that to my face.

You dress in black with a white shirt.
I dress in white but i have a black belt
around my waist.
You think you would still get to my face? Confused FallSmileConfused Fall

Nothing is lost anyway.
I give you one kudos for your audacity. Smile

(April 17, 2014 at 10:57 am)Confused Ape Wrote:
(April 17, 2014 at 9:20 am)enrico Wrote: Not at all.
Liberation and enlightenment go hand in hand with bliss which is missing in this comment.

Are you writing from personal experience? If not, where did you get your information from?

Personal experience although the teacher said it would happen as your meditation improve.
One thing to remember is that the bliss does not come as you start the meditation the first time.
The first time in fact is like hell.
Your body is aching, your mind con not concentrate and it is the opposite of bliss but as soon as you are able to control body and mind you start feeling bliss which increase as you go along.

Quote:The 14th Dalai Lama (religious name: Tenzin Gyatso, shortened from Jetsun Jamphel Ngawang Lobsang Yeshe Tenzin Gyatso, born Lhamo Dondrub,[1] 6 July 1935) is the current Dalai Lama, as well as the longest lived incumbent.

Ok. i acknowledge it.
I never been interested in the Lama so my knowledge about
his many names is obvious poor. Worship

Quote:So you follow Hindu beliefs? I found an interesting article on Hinduism Today about that.
See God Everywhere

That guru say many interesting things.
There are many gurus past and present.
If i would follow all of them i wouldn't have the time to do anything else
so i just follow my guru and i am quite happy with what i got. Worship

(April 17, 2014 at 12:03 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: So you are saying that you when you die your consciousness becomes a non-physical entity and separates from the body.
I call bullshit on this one.

Is good to have freedom of speech.
You call bullshit my believe and i call bullshit yours.
All happy in this way. Smile
(April 18, 2014 at 9:28 am)enrico Wrote: I wan't ask you whether that is for sale or not.
It would be a bit embarrassing.
"won't"
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(April 18, 2014 at 9:12 am)enrico Wrote:
(April 17, 2014 at 12:54 pm)rasetsu Wrote: We also have automated cars that drive themselves. No need for a driver. Come to think of it, that reminds me of enrico. A car without a driver.

We also have drivers locked inside vehicles called BODIES.
These all in one are called human beings.
There are billion of them.
Never seen one? Confused FallSmileConfused Fall

Equivocation fallacy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxfZbj5vf7Y
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'