Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 3:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The redneck strike again.
RE: The redneck strike again.
Pretty colors are endowed with the musical resonances of
the four pscyhic winds of Ra, and those winds are in turn the remnants of star children.
If the rednecks could open their minds enough,
they'd real-ize
their eyes aren't real-eyes,
and that the star children were inside us all along.

Don't you dumbasses know what a circle is when I tell you?

That is the secret truth, so secret I just thought of it. Capeesh? Wink Shades
(April 23, 2014 at 7:40 am)Riketto Wrote: The iceberg is like our consciousness.
A small part is above the water (visible) and the
main part is under the water (non visible).

I've been using Jungian psychology for around 30 years and came to that conclusion a long time ago. Smile

(April 23, 2014 at 7:40 am)Riketto Wrote: My belief is that the best knowledge come from within.Cool Shades

That still doesn't explain why praying Franciscan nuns don't believe in reincarnation even though their brains behave in the same way as the brains of meditating Tibetan Buddhists.
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
(April 21, 2014 at 10:15 am)rasetsu Wrote: [quote='enrico' pid='654414' dateline='1398089114']

You can do meditation without the need to believe in reincarnation but after sometime it all become clear and you understand how the system works. Cool Shades

Quote:So what was the reason you meditated before it all became clear and you know how the system works?

Very silly statement rasu.
Attraction is the force that lead you somewhere.
It can lead you to physical or mental hell but can also lead
to somewhere beautiful.
In the beginning you don't think too much about
where it can lead you but after sometime the
out of focus picture become in focus and everything become clear.
But what would you know about attraction rasu! Confused FallSmileConfused Fall

(April 23, 2014 at 8:12 am)Confused Ape Wrote: [quote='Riketto' pid='655727' dateline='1398253222']My belief is that the best knowledge come from within.Cool Shades

Quote:That still doesn't explain why praying Franciscan nuns don't believe in reincarnation even though their brains behave in the same way as the brains of meditating Tibetan Buddhists.

You didn't take in consideration the fact that not all the meditation are the same.
You can meditate on some external thing or you can meditate within.
In both cases the brain may use the same energy so a test made on the brain only indicate that the brain
follow similar pattern but a physical test can not find out where the consciousness is directed to.
Franciscan nuns focus on something external like Christ while Buddhists
focus on the spirit within ( OM i am that entity-I am God ).
It is obvious that the results will be different. Cool Shades
The redneck strike again.
(April 19, 2014 at 9:31 am)Riketto Wrote:
(April 19, 2014 at 8:52 am)whateverist Wrote: I wonder why enrico is here. Most cults avoid the bright lights and try to keep their 'sacred' knowledge safe from ridicule.

Rico, do you see yourself as a sower of enlightenment or do you really hope to overcome these strange ideas of yours by exposing them to ridicule. If the latter, we're doing our level best to help.

You see Whatever, i could post in a forum where people believe what i believe but that would be very boring after a while.
In forum like this where people believe the opposite of what i believe i find a lot of fun especially considering that you guys can not prove a single thing
you talk about.
You post in the philosophy forum but you haven't got a clue about the meaning of philosophy.
The same for religion, spirituality about God about life in general so
when i expose your lack of knowledge i feel great.
It is like eating the cherry on the cake. :)

(April 19, 2014 at 9:22 am)rasetsu Wrote: In the past, Ananda Marga has engaged in aggressive promotion of itself both within India and outside of it. I suspect he's just here to proselytize.

I know that you are very intelligent raset so you may help me to understand something.
Why P.R.Sarkar was acquitted of all charges.
Don't you find strange to charge someone and then say that he is innocent?
I just do not understand.
Please rasu help or i will go mad. :thinking::shock::thinking:

Will go mad?

[Image: uhy6a2y6.jpg]
(April 23, 2014 at 8:37 am)Riketto Wrote: Franciscan nuns focus on something external like Christ while Buddhists

So, what they believe they're doing could influence the nature of their subjective experiences. They then interpret these experiences according to their belief systems.
(April 19, 2014 at 9:31 am)Riketto Wrote: I know that you are very intelligent raset so you may help me to understand something.
No one is intelligent enough to manage that, I'm afraid.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(April 23, 2014 at 2:24 pm)Confused Ape Wrote: [quote='Riketto' pid='655742' dateline='1398256628']
Franciscan nuns focus on something external like Christ while Buddhists

Quote:So, what they believe they're doing could influence the nature of their subjective experiences. They then interpret these experiences according to their belief systems.

Not really.
It is like taking a train.
You can take a train that go east or one that go west.
When you focus on external vision you get nowhere
like a train that get to a small village where you find
almost nothing but if you focus internally your train
will get you in the right place so this has really nothing
to do with interpretation.
It is a question of getting somewhere or nowhere. Cool Shades
(April 25, 2014 at 8:51 am)Riketto Wrote: You can take a train that go east or one that go west.

Do you have concrete proof that Christian mysticism goes nowhere? The problem with saying a belief in reincarnation shows that a mystic has reached somewhere is the lack of concrete proof that reincarnation is true.

I've had a couple of experiences which believers in reincarnation told me were past life flashbacks. I didn't find one shred of evidence that the experiences were anything more than hallucinations. The experiences just happened out of the blue because I hadn't done any form of Eastern style meditation.

PS: I've just reread your opening post. There are many people working to stop deforestation and other damage to the planet but environmental concerns don't depend on meditating and believing in reincarnation. A lot of damage is due to unsustainable palm oil production. Palm oil is used in vegan and vegetarian food.

Is Palm Oil Vegan?

Quote:When I first heard about the ethical (and environmental) issues with palm oil I admit that I felt a bit annoyed - it's derived from plants and some of the most beloved vegan companies use it, so how could there be anything wrong with it?! Honestly, I was coming from a place of frustrated ignorance. Thus I started collecting information via conversations with friends and companies, but remained skeptical. At Expo East 2012 I spoke with a few businesses about their use of palm oil, and it was an uncomfortable topic - some were working on finding alternatives, others were irked by the issue. Six months later at Expo West 2013 I noticed several brands proudly displaying the words "palm oil free" on their packaging - things were changing fast! Meanwhile, VegNews had published a phenomenal article on the topic.
(April 25, 2014 at 10:02 am)Confused Ape Wrote: [quote='Riketto' pid='656704' dateline='1398430298']
You can take a train that go east or one that go west.

Quote:Do you have concrete proof that Christian mysticism goes nowhere?

Christian mysticism is long gone.
The first Christians were real spiritualists but as the time goes
the things changed and slowly slowly spirituality turned into religion
(dogma or false truth) so these days all spirituality and mysticism
within Christianity is gone.

Quote:The problem with saying a belief in reincarnation shows that a mystic has reached somewhere is the lack of concrete proof that reincarnation is true.

I think you worry far too much about this issue.
A true spiritualist does not really worry too much whether
there is reincarnation or not.
Of course after reaching high stage of consciousness everything come clear and you understand that reincarnation is there as you would understand that 2+2=4.
A true spiritualist worry instead of reducing the distance that separate
him-her from the great ocean of consciousness regardless of
reincarnation or not.

Quote:I've had a couple of experiences which believers in reincarnation told me were past life flashbacks. I didn't find one shred of evidence that the experiences were anything more than hallucinations. The experiences just happened out of the blue because I hadn't done any form of Eastern style meditation.

To reach high stages of consciousness you don't have to practice
any form of eastern meditation.
In fact my spiritual teacher said that tantric meditation is not even the
number 1 way to achieve the higher point of consciousness.
He said.....
1) Is to dedicate yourself to the welfare of other even if you have to forget your own interests.
2) To see in everyone and everything God as everyone and everything is God.
3) Tantric meditation.
Even better is to follow all 3. Smile
Let me see if I've got this right. According to your teacher, the number one thing is for you to remain a follower to the rules he lays before you. How's that working out for you? Are you a good follower? Have you adopted your teacher's dogma and made it your own?