Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 4:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The redneck strike again.
RE: The redneck strike again.
(June 17, 2014 at 4:59 am)Riketto Wrote: Ape you put me in a very dangerous situation.
If i keep on talking about spirituality i may get in a big big trouble with RASETSU.

Sometime ago she told me that i am here to proselytize and she also told me that she is a yogini with important connections with some deity.
I am afraid that i may be hit by a thunderbolt.

Eeeek!!!!! A character from a Japanese comic sounds a nasty individual to cross. You'd better be careful. Tongue

(June 17, 2014 at 4:59 am)Riketto Wrote: Anyway this time i take the risk and answer you hoping for the best.
Brahma is God.

Thank you for the links. I just needed to know which version of Hindu philosophy Ananda Marga follows. This makes it easier to talk to you when there are other versions on the lines of Brahma being the creator aspect of Brahman (absolute reality). Other aspects in this view are Vishnu the preserver of the universe and Shiva, the destroyer.

I'll need to the read The Cosmic Cycle article a few more times but, so far, I've gathered that it's the same basic idea of cosmology and the AM school just uses one name for it - Brahma - instead of half a dozen.

I find this section rather interesting for a reason I'll post after the quote.

Quote:This description of the Cosmic Mind may seem abstract, but if we understand the functioning of our own mind, which is a small version of the Cosmic Mind, we can understand it better. If we see a tall tree, for example, what is actually happening? Our sense organs are receiving reflected light from the tree and this is transmitted to the brain and finally an image is formed in our mind. However, we can also close our eyes and still bring the image of the tree in our mind. The portion of the mind which gives the command to "create" the tree in the mind is the "I do" factor or ahamtattva, which is dominated by the mutative rajah guna. The portion of the mind which forms the image of the tree is the citta or "I have done" factor. The citta is like a screen on which images are formed according to the commands of the "I do" factor. And in all the operations of the mind, the "I exist" or mahattattva must be present, because without a sense of "I" there cannot be any "I do".

Thus, the Cosmic Mind functions in the same way as our individual minds, but there is an important difference which should be noted here. As we discussed above, the physical world (such as the tall tree) appears as an external reality to us, but for the Cosmic Mind the entire universe is an internal image on the vast cosmic citta. Also, in our individual minds if we use our imaginative power to create a green elephant, this image is not a reality for anyone except the one who imagined it. But if there is any image in the citta of the Cosmic Mind it is a reality and will be perceived as such by the micro-cosmic unit minds.

It made me think of -Physicists May Have Evidence Universe Is A Computer Simulation

Quote:Physicists say they may have evidence that the universe is a computer simulation.

How? They made a computer simulation of the universe. And it looks sort of like us.

(June 17, 2014 at 4:59 am)Riketto Wrote: Humans animals, plants even matter all have this Atman.
So when this seed or Atman sprout or in other terms acquire the consciousness that he-she is God then the unit Atman lose the consciousness that he-she is separate from God and realize that he-she is God.

Or not separate from the computer simulation if that's what God really is. Smile

I've just found the article about reincarnation on the AM site.

Quote:When a person dies, the vital energy of the body (prana) enters a state of disequilibrium and leaves the body. With the loss of the vital energies, the physical body ceases to function. The formerly living person loses all sense of pleasure, pain and self-consciousness. Although the mind enters a "long sleep" at the time of death, it has not perished as the physical body has. The samskaras – reactive momenta of the mind – exist and are recorded in the causal mind. The Atman remains as the witness of this inactive mind.

Makes me think of a computer saving information (a person's mind) so it can be put back into the simulation at another time.

Mind Uploading

Quote:Whole brain emulation (WBE) or mind uploading (sometimes called "mind copying" or "mind transfer") is the hypothetical process of copying mental content (including long-term memory and "self") from a particular brain substrate and copying it to another computational device, such as a digital, analog, quantum-based or software based artificial neural network. The computational device could then run a simulation model of the brain information processing, such that it responds in essentially the same way as the original brain (i.e., indistinguishable from the brain for all relevant purposes) and experiences having a conscious mind.[1][2][3]

The difference here is that an uploaded mind would be a copy of the person whose mind it was and it would carry on being that person. A 'reincarnated' mind, however, only has the same personality traits as the previous 'incarnated' version.

Does anyone have a red pill I could take? I'd like to know what the truth of reality is. Big Grin
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
(June 17, 2014 at 8:29 am)Confused Ape Wrote: Thank you for the links. I just needed to know which version of Hindu philosophy Ananda Marga follows.

If you keep on saying that AM. follow some Hindu philosophy i will send you RASETSU to punish you.
For Christ sake how many times i have to tell you that AM does not follow
Hinduism.
It is rather the other way around.
Both yoga and Hinduism originate from Shiva teaching but while yoga follow the original teaching Hinduism follow these teaching in part and mainly in theory only.
As far as practice very little is left.

Quote:This makes it easier to talk to you when there are other versions on the lines of Brahma being the creator aspect of Brahman (absolute reality). Other aspects in this view are Vishnu the preserver of the universe and Shiva, the destroyer.

Forget about all the fancy names like Shiva, Vishnu and everybody else.
After all it is God that dictate the show.
G = Generator (creator)
O = Operator (maintain or preserve this creation)
D = Destroyer ( when the Atman realize that he-she is God it become one with it so the idea that you are separate from him is destroyed)

Quote:Makes me think of a computer saving information (a person's mind) so it can be put back into the simulation at another time.

Mind Uploading

Be careful with all these theories.
Most of them are all full of bullshit.
In this article it say.................Consciousness is part of the natural world. It depends, we believe, only on mathematics and logic and on the imperfectly known laws of physics, chemistry, and biology; it does not arise from some magical or otherworldly quality

Consciousness has really nothing to do with mathematics and all physical laws of nature.
Consciousness can only come out from a relationship with the supreme consciousness (God). Nothing else works.
With Maths and all physical laws you can improve your intellect but as far as intuition that is a different story.
(June 17, 2014 at 10:35 am)Riketto Wrote: If you keep on saying that AM. follow some Hindu philosophy i will send you RASETSU to punish you.
You make that sound like a bad thing.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(June 17, 2014 at 10:35 am)Riketto Wrote: If you keep on saying that AM. follow some Hindu philosophy i will send you RASETSU to punish you.

I'm Sorry Big Grin

(June 17, 2014 at 10:35 am)Riketto Wrote: For Christ sake how many times i have to tell you that AM does not follow
Hinduism.
It is rather the other way around.
Both yoga and Hinduism originate from Shiva teaching but while yoga follow the original teaching Hinduism follow these teaching in part and mainly in theory only.
As far as practice very little is left.

Wikipedia only says this - Yoga

Quote:This article is about the umbrella term yoga which includes both religion, philosophy, and practices. For one of the six Hindu philosophy schools, see Rāja yoga. For the popular yoga that explains and emphasizes the physical practices or disciplines, see Hatha Yoga.

The origins of Yoga may date back to pre-vedic Indian traditions. The earliest accounts of yoga-practices are to be found in the Buddhist Nikayas. Parallel developments were recorded around 400 CE in the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali,[8] which combines pre–philosophical speculations and diverse ascetic practices of the first millennium BCE with Samkhya-philosophy.

This suggests that Yoga and Hinduism are from the same root belief but nobody really knows what the root belief was after all this time.

I've been trying to find out who Shiva is according to Yoga and discoverd an article on the Times Of India website. Is this anything like AM teaches?

Yoga Originated From Shiva

Quote:In the yogic culture, Shiva is not known as a God, but as the first Guru or the Adi Guru. He is the Adi Yogi or the first Yogi. Out of his realisation, he became ecstatic and danced all over the mountains or sat absolutely still. He was constantly into bouts of stillness and bouts of mad dancing.

This still sound like a mythological explanation to me. The way I see things, however, something can be symbolically true even if it isn't literally true. An archetype can't be pinned down to any one thing so Shiva can be both a god and not a god. As Kipling said In The Neolithic Age

Quote:"There are nine and sixty ways of constructing tribal lays,
"And every single one of them is right!"

(June 17, 2014 at 10:35 am)Riketto Wrote: Forget about all the fancy names like Shiva, Vishnu and everybody else.
After all it is God that dictate the show.
G = Generator (creator)
O = Operator (maintain or preserve this creation)
D = Destroyer ( when the Atman realize that he-she is God it become one with it so the idea that you are separate from him is destroyed)

That's a useful way of remembering it for English speakers but I don't think it would work in other languages.

(June 17, 2014 at 10:35 am)Riketto Wrote: Be careful with all these theories.
Most of them are all full of bullshit.

I didn't mean that I believe somebody's mind could be uploaded into a computer. It just struck me that Brahma and a computer simulation have something in common as concepts. The difference is that one is a spiritual explanation while the other is a materialistic explanation.

The uploading idea suggests that some people who don't believe in souls still dream of their minds leaving their bodies to go elsewhere. There are Philosophical Issues, though.

Quote:A considerable portion of transhumanists and singularitarians place great hope into the belief that they may become immortal, by creating one or many non-biological functional copies of their brains, thereby leaving their "biological shell". However, the philosopher and transhumanist Susan Schneider claims that it would create a creature[clarification needed] who has/is a computational copy[clarification needed] of the original persons mind.[46] Susan Schneider agrees that consciousness has a computational basis, but this doesn't mean we can upload and survive. "Uploading" would probably result in the death of the original persons brain, while only outside observers can maintain the illusion of the original person still being alive. For it is implausible to think that one's consciousness would leave one's brain and travel to a remote location; ordinary physical objects in the macroscopic world do not behave this way.[clarification needed] At best, a computational duplicate of the original is created.[clarification needed][47][48

A copy of me in a computer isn't my idea of a nice afterlife. Big Grin

(June 17, 2014 at 10:35 am)Riketto Wrote: With Maths and all physical laws you can improve your intellect but as far as intuition that is a different story.

So what, exactly is Intuition?

Quote:Intuition is the ability to acquire knowledge without inference or the use of reason.[1] The word intuition comes from Latin verb intueri which is usually translated as to look inside or to contemplate.[2] Intuition is thus often conceived as a kind of inner perception, sometimes regarded as real lucidity or understanding. Cases of intuition are of a great diversity; however, processes by which they happen typically remain mostly unknown to the thinker, as opposed to the view of rational thinking.

Intuition provides views, understandings, judgements, or beliefs that we cannot in every case empirically verify or rationally justify. For this reason, it has been not only a subject of study in psychology, but also a topic of interest in various religions and esoteric domains, as well as a common subject of writings.[3] The right brain is popularly associated with intuitive processes such as aesthetic or generally creative abilities.[4][5][6] Some scientists have contended that intuition is associated with innovation in scientific discovery.[7]

This doesn't explain why we've got it, though.
(June 17, 2014 at 5:04 pm)Confused Ape Wrote: Yoga Originated From Shiva.
This still sound like a mythological explanation to me.

According to the legend Shiva lived 7000 years ago and
both Shiva and krishna were Taraka Brahma or the incarnation of God that came on this planet to teach people how to live better but most of all how to attain liberation from the bondage of flesh.
Please do not ask me for evidence.
I couldn't give you any physically or mentally speaking.
The only way to understand these two figures is to practice what they taught.
From there you will understand that even the most intelligent human being could not ever have came out with such practical method of progressing.
In any case i wouldn't really worry whether these two figures were God or not.
What i really worry is whether their method works or not.
All the rest come later on as a person get deep in spirituality.

Quote:The uploading idea suggests that some people who don't believe in souls still dream of their minds leaving their bodies to go elsewhere. There are Philosophical Issues, though.

Not really.
Philosophy deal with finding total and unlimited bliss while these people only worry about their daily existence.

Quote:A copy of me in a computer isn't my idea of a nice afterlife

When i was a kid my catholic parents forced me to go to church and listen
all the garbage that the priests were saying.
After so much brain washing i came to the conclusion that hell really exist.
It took me sometime to realize that it was all bullshit.
My suggestion to you is .......listen as much as you like but when the story sound incredible than it is likely to be trash.
By practicing tantric yoga on the other hand you will find positive results and this is a sign that what you are doing is right.

Quote:So what, exactly is Intuition?

Knowledge is like the iceberg.
We got the part above the water and the part below.
We can only perceive the one above which is the smaller part.
Intuition is to perceive the one below.
Yoga is the way to get the whole.

Quote:This doesn't explain why we've got it, though.

You can not explain why you wish to improve yourself all the time but within you know that by improving you feel so much better.
Who make you feel to come here in this forum?
Where the feel of wishing come from?
There are so many questions but don't worry.
Sooner or later when within you the door will star knocking stronger and stronger than you will find how to give an answer to all these questions. Angel
(June 18, 2014 at 2:42 am)Riketto Wrote: According to the legend Shiva lived 7000 years ago and
both Shiva and krishna were Taraka Brahma or the incarnation of God that came on this planet to teach people how to live better but most of all how to attain liberation from the bondage of flesh.

And Shiva as a deity is just an aspect of God. Everything goes back to God in the end.

(June 18, 2014 at 2:42 am)Riketto Wrote: Please do not ask me for evidence.
I couldn't give you any physically or mentally speaking.

You don't have to because the mythic realm has its own truth. On the other hand, somebody had to discover the yoga technique. Maybe there's a clue here - Mother Meera

Quote:Mother Meera is considered by her followers as an AVATA R of the Divine Mother. She is a silent teacher, primarily offering DARSHAN (eyegazing) to visitors to help them achieve health and happiness.

Born Kamala Reddy on December 26, 1960, Mother Meera was raised in the village of Chan-drapalle in southern India. Her parents were not religious and raised her under no particular tradition. She was described as an unusual child, who often spoke of mysterious lights that visited her. She would later reveal that she received much of her love and spiritual guidance from visions. At the age of six she experienced her first SAMADHI, higher state of consciousness. Her uncle recognized the child’s gift and invited her to stay with him in Pondicherry. In 1974 she visited SRI AUROBINDO’s ashram, attracting considerable attention there, and soon began giving DARSHAN, her own blessings to others. Her presence in Pondicherry attracted many and her popularity grew.

Devotees throughout the world consider Mother Meera an avatar of the Divine Mother, who has previously incarnated in other forms, such as KALI and the Virgin Mary. The appearance of the Mother is believed to offer people of the world healing, protection, and transformation in a time of crisis. Mother Meera has stated that the world is now in crisis and that her role is to give the transformative light of Paramatman, the Supreme Self, to everyone around the world. The light that she speaks of is the Supreme Being, which is an untapped energy permeating the world. Mother Meera believes that the ignition of supreme energy will give health, joy, and happiness to anyone who is open to it.

Perhaps there were real men who were believed to be embodiments of God. Their human identities were regarded as irrelevant so weren't recorded.

(June 18, 2014 at 2:42 am)Riketto Wrote: The only way to understand these two figures is to practice what they taught.
From there you will understand that even the most intelligent human being could not ever have came out with such practical method of progressing.

Not necessarily because humans have been experimenting with altered states of consciousness ever since our species appeared on the scene. Who came first? Shiva or Krishna? I'm going to say Shiva to illustrate what I mean. What were these men tuning into? There's a fascinating video of a lecture given by a woman who had a stroke. Start at point 3.52 where she describes how the right hemisphere of the brain operates. She then explains how the left hemisphere operates. When she was cut off from the left hemisphere she experienced a feeling of being energy connected to all other energy. Keep going with the video to get her descriptions of what it was like to be in right brain consciousness because she uses terms like euphoria and Nirvana. Her insight is that we are the life force power of the universe in right brain consciousness and there would be great value if everyone learned how to experience this for themselves.

Maybe Shiva was a human who had a talent for achieving altered states of consciousness and he discovered a new technique. People practised what he taught. Then Krishna came along, used the technique and refined it. People then practised what Krishna taught. The technique allowed them to switch off left brain consciousness so they were only aware of right brain consciousness. The advantage here is that nobody needs to have a stroke in order to discover what Jill Bolte found.

Does looking at it in terms of how the brain is constructed prove that God doesn't exist.? Vilayanur S. Ramachandran is a neruoscientist who said this in God On The Brain

Quote:RAMACHANDRAN: Just because there are circuits in your brain that predispose you to religious belief does not in any way negate the value of a religious belief. Now it may be god's way of putting an antenna in your brain to make you more receptive to god. Nothing our scientists are saying about the brain or about neural circuitry for religion in any way negates the existence of god, nor negates the value of religious experience for the person experiencing it.

(June 18, 2014 at 2:42 am)Riketto Wrote: Philosophy deal with finding total and unlimited bliss while these people only worry about their daily existence.

The philosophical aspect is what counts as survival in relation to uploading. A related philosophical topic concerns the transporters in Star Trek. There are a lot of discussions about it on the internet. The materialistic view is that the original person is destroyed and what comes out the other end is a copy which thinks it's the original. When the copy uses a transporter it's destroyed as well and what comes out the other end is a copy of a copy. Others wonder about souls. If humans really do have souls does a transported person's soul travel to the transporter destination and take up residence in the copied body?

We don't have to worry about this at the moment, though, because teleportation hasn't been invented.

(June 18, 2014 at 2:42 am)Riketto Wrote: When i was a kid my catholic parents forced me to go to church and listen
all the garbage that the priests were saying.
After so much brain washing i came to the conclusion that hell really exist.
It took me sometime to realize that it was all bullshit.
My suggestion to you is .......listen as much as you like but when the story sound incredible than it is likely to be trash.

After 30 years of Jungian psychology I regard Christianity as having some symbolic truth in the mythic realm. It's definitely bullshit if we're told to believe everything happened in objective reality, though.

(June 18, 2014 at 2:42 am)Riketto Wrote: Knowledge is like the iceberg.
We got the part above the water and the part below.
We can only perceive the one above which is the smaller part.
Intuition is to perceive the one below.
Yoga is the way to get the whole.

That sounds very Jungian. Smile

(June 18, 2014 at 2:42 am)Riketto Wrote: Who make you feel to come here in this forum?
Where the feel of wishing come from?
There are so many questions but don't worry.
Sooner or later when within you the door will star knocking stronger and stronger than you will find how to give an answer to all these questions. Angel

Maybe there is more than one door and mine is Jungian psychology. Big Grin
(June 18, 2014 at 7:26 am)Confused Ape Wrote: That sounds very Jungian. Smile
Quote:Maybe there is more than one door and mine is Jungian psychology. Big Grin

The roads to Rome are many as the road to human emancipation are many however when you find a good road why to change?
You like that, that's ok.
Go ahead with that.
The same apply to me.
I am happy with my yoga.
My understanding is that the nirvana or paradise is there like the music or videos are there all the time.
What is needed to get into that station is to tune in.
This is not an easy task considering that the two vibrations are not the same.
Our vibration is not as straight as the cosmic consciousness one so it require a lot of work both physical-mental and spiritual but there is no other way around.
To get out the sewer of materialism it is hard but at the end the feeling of be free overcome all the torture feeling that we have put up for so long. Angel
The redneck strike again.
[Image: ytatyhuv.jpg]
(June 20, 2014 at 5:23 am)Riketto Wrote: The roads to Rome are many as the road to human emancipation are many however when you find a good road why to change?
You like that, that's ok.
Go ahead with that.
The same apply to me.
I am happy with my yoga.

How did you discover yoga and know it was the right way for you? I discovered Jungian psychology because of a TV show that a friend and I were watching. Something made her think of a Jungian term because she'd done a basic course on psychology at college a few years earlier. She then gave me her college textbook to read and it all made sense because of the way I experience things. So, random chance provided a major signpost on my personal journey.

(June 20, 2014 at 5:23 am)Riketto Wrote: My understanding is that the nirvana or paradise is there like the music or videos are there all the time.
What is needed to get into that station is to tune in.
This is not an easy task considering that the two vibrations are not the same.
Our vibration is not as straight as the cosmic consciousness one so it require a lot of work both physical-mental and spiritual but there is no other way around.

I can see this in two ways. It's true in the mythic realm and true in a different way where neuroscience is concerned because it seems that Nirvana is to be found in right brain consciousness. Is the experience just produced by the brain or is the brain processing information received via Ramachandran's God antenna? I go for produced by the brain but this does have a big advantage - I don't have to be bothered with any religious theology.

(June 20, 2014 at 5:23 am)Riketto Wrote: To get out the sewer of materialism it is hard but at the end the feeling of be free overcome all the torture feeling that we have put up for so long. Angel

Materialism has its uses, though. Brain scans of meditating Buddhists and praying Christian nuns are providing evidence that mystics from different traditions end up at the same place. Maybe, one day, people will stop fighting over which road is the only true road and head for Rome along whichever road happens to be the right way for the individuals concerned.
(June 20, 2014 at 4:14 pm)Confused Ape Wrote: How did you discover yoga and know it was the right way for you?

It works in this way..........when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
I still was living in Italy in those times.
I had everything physically-material speaking but something was terribly missing in my life.
I didn't know what it was really.
Some mental feeling told me to get some yoga knowledge so i bought many books about yoga.
Now i wouldn't remember which yoga.
Anyway after reading them more feeling about yoga push me to go to India. It really was an adventure to get there in the 70's by land.
Step by step Sarkar directed me to him.
It was a spiritual attraction that i could not refuse like a magnet that attract the iron.

Quote:I can see this in two ways. It's true in the mythic realm and true in a different way where neuroscience is concerned because it seems that Nirvana is to be found in right brain consciousness. Is the experience just produced by the brain or is the brain processing information received via Ramachandran's God antenna? I go for produced by the brain but this does have a big advantage - I don't have to be bothered with any religious theology.

In yoga the pineal gland is like the seed.
A seed can reproduce a plant identical to the one that generated the seed in the first place.
At the same time our seed can do the same once it is germinated and takes us back to the originator to become the originator.
But to do this we need to allow the seed to grow in the correct place and feed it with the correct food. (physical food, mental and spiritual food)

Quote:Materialism has its uses, though.

Materialism come when you adore the matter not when you use the matter for surviving.
There is a big difference between the two.
I use the matter every day but i am not a materialist.

Quote:Brain scans of meditating Buddhists and praying Christian nuns are providing evidence that mystics from different traditions end up at the same place. Maybe, one day, people will stop fighting over which road is the only true road and head for Rome along whichever road happens to be the right way for the individuals concerned.

There is a big difference between a religious person who sincerely believe and practice and the majority of religious people who pretend to do the right thing.
These days 99% of the so called religious people haven't got a clue about the way to progress spiritually speaking. Confused Fall