Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 3:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The redneck strike again.
RE: The redneck strike again.
(August 14, 2014 at 8:49 am)Riketto Wrote:
(August 13, 2014 at 12:05 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: ............you apparently don't know what an oxymoron is.

Ok. allow to let me explain what an oxymoron is.
Suppose one guy say........I AM ATHEIST......in order to say that he believe that God does not exist.
At the same time he wish to learn more and more all the time.
Now the problem is that while the human desire is infinite as only the infinite can give total peace of mind everything within this universe is finite so how is ever possible to satisfy the thirst for infinite in a finite universe?
Sooner or later the guy will inevitably cross the border between finite and infinity and there is where is God.
Oxymoron thinking is about something that does not make any sense just like the atheist attitude that does not take the unavoidable into account. Confused Fall

So he was right. You don't know what an oxymoron is.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(August 14, 2014 at 8:49 am)Riketto Wrote: Ok. allow to let me explain what an oxymoron is.
Suppose one guy say........I AM ATHEIST......in order to say that he believe that God does not exist.
At the same time he wish to learn more and more all the time.
Now the problem is that while the human desire is infinite as only the infinite can give total peace of mind everything within this universe is finite so how is ever possible to satisfy the thirst for infinite in a finite universe?
Sooner or later the guy will inevitably cross the border between finite and infinity and there is where is God.
Oxymoron thinking is about something that does not make any sense just like the atheist attitude that does not take the unavoidable into account. Confused Fall

I already guessed you didn't know what an oxymoron is, there was no need for you to prove it. I'm beginning to see what keeps this thread going, though.

Not that it will help you any, that would require an ability to learn, but in case someone more capable is confused:

ox·y·mo·ron/ˌäksəˈmôrˌän/
noun
a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction (e.g., faith unfaithful kept him falsely true ).
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
He thinks it's an idiot who uses acne cream.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
It's not?
[Image: Doctor+Who+Gif+Dump+_7df20a_5256258.gif]
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(August 14, 2014 at 2:46 pm)whateverist Wrote: It's not?
It could be... If you're a redneck.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(August 14, 2014 at 12:14 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction (e.g., faith unfaithful kept him falsely true ).

Like "military intelligence". Or "theist logic". "Ricky's wisdom" is the latest addition.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(August 14, 2014 at 12:14 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction (e.g., faith unfaithful kept him falsely true ). [/i]

If you don't understand the meaning of the term CONTRADICTORY then you wouldn't know the meaning of the word OXYMORON.
What is contradictory in anyone thinking that God does not exist?
An atheist think that God does not exist but at the same time he-she proceed toward God so God exist despite the believe that he does not exist.
This is highly CONTRADICTORY mister therefore i can say that atheism is an oxymoron.
Now you guys can say that you do not proceed toward God therefore your believe is not CONTRADICTORY but the evidence is there to show that you do proceed toward God.
One more oxymoron is the fact that you guys think that your philosophy forum talk about philosophy when in fact 99% of the threads in that forum have absolutely nothing to do with philosophy but that is one more problem of yours.
Now if you want to talk about whether you proceed toward God or not i am fully available to discuss that point. Smile
(August 14, 2014 at 8:49 am)Riketto Wrote: 1) In your rush to make a point you forgot something very important.
Sarkar tell us that .......When the movement of the human mind is not in many lateral directions — north, south, east and west — but towards the Supreme Entity, then the mind becomes apexed, pinnacled........but in here it does not tell you how to do all this in order to reach that goal.
Psychology is like a map that show the direction to take but then you need to actually go or get there and here you need spirituality which is the vehicle to take you there.

You're evading the issue here and I'm starting to get very suspicious. You say you've been following the Ananda Marga path for decades and yet you obviously had no idea that Sarkar referred to the spiritual aspect of yoga as Apexed or Pinnacled Psychology.

Quoting something you said in Post #830 -

(August 13, 2014 at 7:51 am)Riketto Wrote: I already explained that psychology is some mental thing which is different from intuitional science which explain the spirit within.
What modern intelligence say related to this point is totally irrelevant to me.

You obviously had no idea that Sarkar wrote about the various aspects of psychology and wanted people to learn about human and non-human animate psychologies.

Now to Yoga And Intuitional Science from the Ananda Marga Garakula website.

Quote:Yoga is a science. From systematic observations and experiments over thousands of years, and from substantial guidance from various elevated masters, yogis have got a deep understanding of the functions of body and mind and the relationship of the two. From yogic practices such as meditation we experience the vast potentialities of the mind and realizes what we, and the cosmos really are.

Yoga is an ancient technique for exploring things which now come under the heading of psychology. The person who wrote that other article I quoted about Intuitional Science obviously has some idea that it comes under the heading of psychology because he said that intuition is a form of cognition. He also used the term psycho-spiritual.

(August 14, 2014 at 8:49 am)Riketto Wrote: 2) About animals suffering in factory farms and laboratories.
Here again you jump to quick conclusion.
It could be that in previous lives these animals were butchers or laboratory experimenters or anyone eating meat so in this life they were born to experiment the same suffering that they force upon other animals. Wink Shades

From P R Sarkar again - Renaissance In All The Strata Of Life

Quote:The biological disparity between human and animal, between human and plant, between animal and plant – that disparity must not be there. Just as a human being wants to survive, a pigeon also wants to survive – similarly a cow also wants to survive, or a tree. Just as my life is dear to me, so the lives of created beings are also equally dear to them. It is the birthright of human beings to live in this world, and it is the birthright of the animal world and plant world also to remain on this earth. To recognize this right, and to get it recognized by the entire human society, the Renaissance movement will have to do something concrete.

Going by that, Sarkar wasn't concerned about what animals might have got up to in past lives. He taught that animals' lives are dear to them and we should be concerned about their welfare in their current lives.

This topic has run for 113 pages. You've had many opportunities to mention Neohumanism and the PCAP organisation but you didn't. Why not?
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
(August 15, 2014 at 3:54 am)Riketto Wrote: If you don't understand the meaning of the term CONTRADICTORY then you wouldn't know the meaning of the word OXYMORON.
If you have to redefine both words and reality in order to maintain your belief system, then your belief system is not worth having.

-Stephen Jay Gould