Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 4, 2024, 5:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is the Problem
RE: This is the Problem
(October 23, 2014 at 4:52 pm)Christian Wrote: That non-Christians think that the Old Testament is a Christian text and true believers of Christ are somehow bound to it by letter.

OT was a Jew law and does not apply to Christ believers anymore. That does not mean we can use the good things from it and discard the rest. I believe in the 10 commandments - does not mean I have to follow the OT.

What is your stance on homosexuality and gay marriage? Does the new testament guide your beliefs on these matters? If so please quote.
(October 23, 2014 at 7:57 pm)Christian Wrote: Josepehus was born 3 - 5 years after Jesus was crucified so Yes I would call him a historian of Jesus time. Really if you cannot accept the 1st and second century historians accounts of Jesus then you really have no business believing that any figure of history existed. We have the 27 books in the New Testament and the 19 extra biblical accounts both friend and foe thought Jesus was real so why we should believe the 21st century atheist who says otherwise?

I was born five years after Winston Churchill died. If I write a book about him which claims he was a gay circus acrobat who wrestled sharks at week-end while simultaneously writing ribald haiku, that doesn't make it so.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(October 23, 2014 at 5:28 pm)Christian Wrote: Sometimes God has to do things just to show who is in command to stop humans from seeing themselves as superior and fearless.

Gee you make him seem petty. I don't think I like your version of god.

(October 23, 2014 at 5:33 pm)Christian Wrote: Because God decided faith was an absolute requirement in His kingdom:

Or maybe the whole god thing is a hoax? That would equally well explain the lack of effort on the part of the mightiest of mightiest to show itself.
(October 24, 2014 at 7:41 pm)whateverist Wrote: What is your stance on homosexuality and gay marriage? Does the new testament guide your beliefs on these matters? If so please quote.

Its wrong and a sin.
Romans 1:27, Matthew 19:4, Mark 10:6 all have proof that humans were created as male and female.
You have no idea what could conceivably constitute a proof.
Haha "Humans were created as male and female." Hahaha Get the fuck out of here. I think Genesis covered that part. You're like what would happen if only theists talked to Cleverbot.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(October 25, 2014 at 12:32 am)Christian Wrote:
(October 24, 2014 at 7:41 pm)whateverist Wrote: What is your stance on homosexuality and gay marriage? Does the new testament guide your beliefs on these matters? If so please quote.

Its wrong and a sin.
Romans 1:27, Matthew 19:4, Mark 10:6 all have proof that humans were created as male and female.

News flash: gay men are male and lesbians are female. What else you got?
I love how Christians are all, "I don't have to follow the OT. I'm not a Jew," but they never offer up any cogent defense as to why their god created those silly rules in the first place, all while he was behaving like he had raging PMS.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(October 25, 2014 at 12:32 am)Christian Wrote:

Its wrong and a sin.

Romans 1:27: This is clearly God's doing. The verse immediately preceding (Romans 1:26) reads, 'For this reason, God game them over to degrading passions.' In other words, God had an active part (pun intended) in creating homosexuality.

Mark 19:4: This passage has Jesus talking about divorce, it says nothing about homosexuality.

Mark 10:6: Same answer.

Hmm. I suppose 12 years of Catholic school was good for something, after all.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(October 24, 2014 at 4:22 pm)Christian Wrote:
(October 24, 2014 at 1:53 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Alright, all do a debate thread with you. The truth of Christianity can be the topic and we can do it whenever is good for you.

But that will be under my own terms and conditions, such as, when to consider an argument answered, etc.
Agree?

[Image: advice%20god.jpg]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]