Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 22, 2024, 8:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.15 Average
What's everyone up to right now?
RE: What's everyone up to right now?
(November 26, 2014 at 11:03 pm)Jenny A Wrote:
(November 26, 2014 at 8:55 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I can just see it - we all go to rexbeccarox's place for din-din, and every single one of us brings the potato salad.

Boru

Nonsense, we plan. Given her menu we need pita bread, hummus, baklava, Greek salad with feta, baba ganoush, a variety of olives and sweet peppers, and stuffed grape leaves. I'll bring the stuffed grape leaves.

Can't believe you forgot the kafta kebab!
(November 26, 2014 at 11:13 pm)Jenny A Wrote:
(November 26, 2014 at 11:11 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: That sounds great, Jenny, except nobody bring baklava please. I have a nut allergy!

Spanakopita is finally assembled and ready to go into the oven tomorrow. It's such a lengthy process. I only make it when it's been requested of me. Last time I made it, I didn't even get a bite!

Right, nobody kill the cook with nuts.

What's a little anaphylactic shock amongst friends?
ROFLOL
Watching men's collegiate basketball like a weirdo. Go Aztecs. Isn't that what they shout?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Getting ready to go to my sister's house for Thanksgiving. Black Friday here we come!
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 27, 2014 at 12:53 am)c172 Wrote: Watching men's collegiate basketball like a weirdo. Go Aztecs. Isn't that what they shout?

When they're watching San Diego State they do! Not a weirdo. Official decree.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Das right. Usually I'm the resident soccer dork, though. Not Chargers, Padres, Steelers, Pirates.

OK, me now? Brainstorming about things to be thankful for at the dinner table tonight. Uncharacteristically nonstressful day so far, though.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I drink wine when I cook. I've been "cooking" for about 6 hours now. If I continue I'll be hammered by dinnertime. What a quandary....

"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Planning work for my own personal minion.

Smile

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
Minions chopped in gravy is a delight.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Are You Wearing Right Now? BrianSoddingBoru4 77 4829 June 10, 2024 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How You're "Feeling" Right Now (img mode) Silver 9 1536 May 19, 2021 at 9:36 am
Last Post: Fireball